Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-27-2016, 01:10 AM   #1  

Default Can't stop eating, feeling hopeless.

Hello everyone.
I am a 37 year old man, married with 2 kids. I am morbidly obese, I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, fatty liver disease and chronic joint pain. I am 6 foot 2 inches and weigh 415 pounds. I am 200 pounds heavier than I was in college. I suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. I am miserable at this weight and yet I can't stop eating. I know I am a food addict and have no self control. I keep thinking about looking into Gastric Sleeve. I am so unhappy with my weight and health. I have even thought about killing myself due to my weight and low self esteem. I found this forum while looking for support groups online. I know my eating is killing me and yet I can't stop. I am addicted to pizza and fast food. I don't really know what I hope to accomplish by posting on here but thought maybe someone could relate or help. I used to go to OverEaters Anonymous but never really had any success with it and haven't gone in over 10 years.
Beeeg Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 387/361/155

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry you're feeling hopeless tonight.

You aren't alone. There are so many people out there like you/us. You're only 415 lbs. You can turn this ship around. If I'm feeling down, I watch a few episodes of My 600 lb Life on youtube. There are people there who have topped 700 lbs and were able to change their lives drastically. Listening to them, I hear myself. I've decided I don't want to be that person. You're worth the time and effort to take care of yourself. If you can find a support IRL, that will help you in addition to online.
Swinella is offline   Reply With Quote