Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up June 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Part 2 - a/k/a We talk too much!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-30-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 06-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #3  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

LOL we talk too much

I just had dinner: broccoli and cheese stuffed Omaha chicken breast, steamed organic broccoli on the side. Every time I eat one of those stuffed breasts from Omaha Steaks, I am all like 'oh man these are so good it's ridiculous'...LOLOLOLOLOL haven't had one in a while dinner = 377 cals

so glad tomorrow is Friday! I'll try to do some cardio after work tomorrow night. See ya later
Old 06-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Syckgirlsfv Sounds like it's good and lower calorie.

Flower I forgot to mention about the Flatz, I have also used them as hamburger buns. They are lower calorie, so that's good. DH calls them cardboard bread. He obviously doesn't eat them.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #5  

my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today went okay. I didn't exactly eat on plan, but I didn't deviate that much either.

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, raspberries, coffee w/half and half
L: chicken wrap, plain chicken and veggies, no dressing
D: (dinner was a little off plan) Menchies yogurt, mini tacos from Trader Joe's, 1/2 muffin

E: lots of walking around an outdoor mall.

Flower and Inkrid Thanks for sharing your stories on the crocodile in your families. It's nice to know I am not alone. I spoke to my family therapist today and he gave me a good book to read on Borderline Personality Disorder. It's called Stop Walking on Eggshells. I've already read a third of the book and I'm learning a lot about my parents (narcissist father and enabling mother) and how I got to be who I am (the caretaker). Very enlightening book. I feel so much better knowing this stuff.

Diana I had a good laugh over you looking for juicy details and finding out that we just talk too much. It's so nice to know that our thread is "on fire." I enjoy coming here. Thank you so much for keeping it going.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:24 AM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Posting to not lose the thread!
Old 06-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #8  

good morning all! busy day here today!
Old 06-24-2016, 07:18 AM   #9  

Yes we are a chatty group!

CoolMom I hope your work stretch is going easy on you.

Syckgirlsfv Those chicken breasts sound so good, cals are low, too.
I enjoyed reading your post about your mother's bird-friendly garden--how cool is that!!! Btw, Vegas has some good desert birds. Even the parking lot birds are different. It must feel so good to keep realizing you have no assignments hanging over you for now.

Diana Oh I loved your words about the wedding. Wouldn't it be great if it were socially acceptable to have a box to check on the RSVP with "here is gift in lieu of attendance"? Re DH and throwing things, Sounds like what you are doing works. And there are threads full of 3FCers that can attest to your being a nice person Btw, I tried the cauli pizza you once mentioned. It did not get great reviews, people complained the crust was soggy. But I thought it was great. It's a cauli crust and it isn't chewy like pizza, it's soft like mashed cauli. It tasted great, I even felt the pizza-guilt until I remembered I did not eat an actual carby pizza. Thanks for that lead!

Magistra WTG on the getting in the walking!

Terry23 Congrats sticking to plan and getting in the exercise And D-Day--must feel wonderful to get your life back! Is it a permanent break from call?

Beloved Warrior Did you get your thyroid tests?

I'm glad it's Friday! Yesterday I ate ok but started grazing in the evening. If I had cooked up the cabbage I bought, it would have been ok, but as it was I grazed on higher calories things like turkey chili and coconut oil. So today I will try a little harder to rein in the snacking.

In other news, I had my first session with a special kind of massage therapy called neuro-kinetic programming for my hip. It's a bit strange, but they are so popular here it's hard to get an appointment. One thing i learned is called Brain Buttons. I know this sounds strange & I pooh-poohed it at first, but after doing it, experienced a sense of well-being. You rub your navel area with one hand and with the other, you rub your chest in the area right above the the most prominent rib. And move you eyes from left to right.

Here is a link to a demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbGi76SXkE

The spinal alignment PT seems to be helping & I just need to continue the home exercises. The last thing will be pilates. I feel like jello these days & am both dreading and looking forward to toning up the core.

TGIF All!

Last edited by Sundove; 06-24-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

We made it to the weekend!

Sundove I think, when people try something like the cauli pizza, they expect their regular pizza experience. If you have an open mind and are a bit flexible, I think you can make stuff like that work for you with great success.

Ciecie Have a great day!

Ennay Hi

magistra17 Sounds like you enjoyed, in moderation.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 169.8
No Change

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 06-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Weigh in: 136.2
Calories: 1270
Exercise: 15 minutes stationary - Hoping to get a 30 minute walk in

Did extremely well yesterday. Summertime isn't turning out to be as great as we'd hoped. Not only have we lost every game we have played with our girls softball team (which we were pretty down about)...my mother-in-law found out she has stage 4 breast cancer 2 days ago. My daughter (who is really close to her) and my husband haven't slept at all the past few nights so it's been a really bad 2 days.

Since we were at the hospital we had to eat hospital food which ended with me getting up to 137.8 ..I have put on almost 8 lbs over the past month ..I don't know what is going on I just haven't been able to make good food choices and feel like I am not in control of my food intake..I have been taking 1 hour at a time...trying to think hard about my decisions..hopefully I can get back down to 131 before August..

I hope that everything has a great Friday and are losing like crazy!
Old 06-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #12  

Happy Friday Everybody! I am off of on call duties Yay! Sundove, I will probably have to be on call again in the next month or so if someone can't do their week, otherwise it will be Labor Day week. All is well. I am at work and it is quiet since my office mates are out. Boy do I love this type of day, quiet, peaceful, so far. I already completed my 30 minutes of intentional walking before work on the treadmill. That was the longest I have done simply because I thought I would be bored out of my skin. I usually do Jillian Michael and Tracy Anderson (30min) then tack on 10 minutes of treadmill. I think I like the walking! Who knew))) Trying to change it up to see if I can make some weight loss progress and be more consistent with moving. NicholsFamily, sorry about your mother in law. I pray that things go well for her and your family. Hang in there. You have done exceptionally well with your weight loss and you'll be fine))) Everyone else, have a fantastic Friday!!))
Old 06-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Ugh I am up 3 lbs today. I never used to be affected by sodium but I am going to hope it is that. I did go on a pickle binge yesterday
Old 06-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #14  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

sundove - yes, my mother's garden is amazing She has quite the green thumb! If I can find a picture of it I will post it - she's very talented. She has more than one bird feeder and a birdbath, plus she actively keeps the neighborhood cats out () She was telling me and my DH about a hawk that zoomed down and grabbed a dove yesterday while she was out there...yuck! poor dove! Hawk has to eat, but so sad

scale not budging! Doing everything right!

I had one snack last night, and it was a very small handful of edamame...whatever. I will not give up.

today:
b - small piece of ham steak (2 ounces? wasn't very hungry) 67 cals
s - shelled edamame (1/2 cup) 100 cals
l - trader joes chicken patty, sauer kraut 200 cals
I have a greek yogurt for snack also, but I forgot my nuts so I may not eat it...dinner is TBD

going to try to make it to gym tonight for cardio! Back later
Old 06-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good Morning, All.
Nicholsfamily - I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law. What devastating news. Prayers to your family...

TGIF! School was out on Monday, so kiddos are home. My coworkers father passed away last weekend, which left us a little short handed at work. I took today and tomorrow off, as tomorrow is my daughters 4th birthday. Nothing major was planned, we had just thought we'd go see Finding Dory. Well, our youngers sons birthday is next Friday, so I got a wild hair and called my husband yesterday at work, and suggested celebrating them both this weekend at Great Wolf Lodge! We are leaving today when DH gets home. We told the kids last night. They are thrilled Should be a fun time!!
Sunday after work, I am meeting up with my sister and 5 cousins for a yearly dinner. One of my cousins lives in Taipei and comes home for a month in the summer. (she is a teacher over there) We do our annual dinner every summer. Always a great time! Next week is our first round of VBS for the summer. Lots of commuting, but worth it
I was really feeling irritated this morning as I was logging my numbers in my journal. I feel like I've plateaued...in the beginning I was dropping like crazy, but as it should, it has tapered off. However, we spent last weekend at the ball park, had pizza, beer, etc. I've still be doing the treadmill daily, but I haven't been super motivated since the scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like. Weather is a bit cooler today and somewhat gloomy. The heat is coming back next week, maybe that will help a little. My allergies for some reason have gone bonkers and my nose is dripping like a faucet. My daughter asked if I was crying.
I'd love to say my eating will be under control this weekend, but I know that is far from the truth. We're obviously eating out tonight since we'll be at the hotel. I ordered the BDay package since we're celebrating 2 birthdays, so there will be cake...Sunday meeting for dinner with the cousins at Red Robin. (Tradition for the past 10+ years) I'll order a bunless burger, but gotta have my fries with ranch! Back at it Monday...I'm pretty good about getting back on track once I've strayed. My problem is there is too much straying
Everyone have a great weekend - I'm sure I'll pop in and read here and then. I read thru here a lot, just don't post frequently. I'm still here, though
Closed Thread