Old 06-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Wink Jimminy - The Worldly Chicks Find Themselves in June Already

My salute to this month's thread title has to do with how fast the year is flying by. I'm glad to see it's June because for all but Shad, it means summer has arrived. For Shad, it's an opportunity to pick up some new warm clothes. Either way, let's make the most of it.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Ok, so let’s get a response going here from the last posts…

Ceejay – glad you are doing well. Sounds like they did more than just a scrape. Take it easy and don’t overextend yourself. Is it nice having your sister around? Is she pampering you? Don’t go out for a walk, sounds like you might float away!! Sure has been a lot of rain lately.

Annie – Speaking of load of crap, we had to replace the cement cover on our septic tank today. I looked into the pit even though DH said I wouldn’t like it. He was right. Man – who put all that stuff in there???? We just had the darn thing pumped out a month ago. Geez, you betcha I won’t be looking in there any time soon again. Those of you with city plumbing, take a minute to thank your city officials. So Annie, since I saw your load ‘o crap, I will raise you 3 “oh c’mon alreadys … “. The doc did say I could do self injections but the office is only 2 miles from my house and I have to pass it by any time I go into town so not out of my way. If I set it up right, I could hit up the herb farmers market at the hospital when I stop in. We met with the 3 season guy today and went over what else needs to be finished up. He said his wife sent a bill along with a warranty and he did not expect payment until all work was complete. He asked if we got it in the mail and I said with a deadpan face – yes, we kept the warranty and ripped up the bill and threw it away. He looked at me for a minute and then we both started I do not like red wine either – can we just sit and eat red grapes together? Hey, hey missy – none of this talk about checking out early. I am not spending all this time and effort to fix up the commune just so you can watch it from above. You are a caretaker and comforter and because of that, you will have more than your share of pain in your life. It’s hard when you care a lot but we all need someone who knows the value of making us feel cared about. I’m sorry you are in physical pain a lot too – that always makes it harder. How is YOUR vitamin D levels? I am going to try to take some Aleve. It has never worked for me in the past but I’m thinking that different pain relievers work differently and maybe this time it will help me. I have resigned myself to never again feeling well rested or pain free. And I don’t like being drunk any more so I guess I just have to deal with it. If you drive up to give me my B12 shot, you can spend as much time as you want in the hot tub and then we can go out or I’ll fix a nice dinner while you are soaking.

Hey, did I mention we went to get into the tub tonight and the portable control that regulates the tub jets, temperature, lights, etc. STOPPED WORKING. Yep, screen went dark. Now it looks like a bigger version of a smart phone with a touch screen so if you could remember where certain “buttons” were located, you could operate the tub. And there are 2 buttons on the tub itself to start and stop the jets and the lights but you can’t run the cleaning cycle or fine tune things as much as you need to without the control. I guess on the 7th day, the tub control decided to rest. DH will be taking a trip into town tomorrow. I’m going to be really angry if they tell me this is going to take 2 weeks to get this part replaced.

Laura – that is weird about the “new store”. Just as I was moving away from AH in 2004 there was a new store that opened on AH Rd just south of downtown. It was listed as a place that carried prosthetics for ladies who had cancer surgeries as they had wigs and things in the window. But it was rumoured that it was a cover for the real reason – open for fetish folks who liked to cross dress. I saw the store but never went in there. Probably is gone now but maybe there are some wild folks in that part of town? I think you were right to skip the exercise for a few days and instead focus on getting more rest so you will be comfortable on your flight. And yes, to your question, the doctor said she likes to wait at least a month before giving a second shot simply because it takes a while for the steroid to do its thing and there is no sense in doubling up on it if it’s not needed. Also she said the vitamin deficiencies also contribute to the aches and pains, so let’s get those up to speed. I am ok with it – my pain is not as bad as it was. I can maneuver the stairs a bit better – those were giving me fits before and now I just wince. DH is feeling a little better – I’m sure it was all the heavy work he’s done and he finished it off carrying the hundred pound cement septic cap but we had no one else to help so it had to be done. He had me wrap his feet in ace bandages tonight – he said when he was on his feet he felt better – he was wearing his compression socks too but as he laid in bed tonight he said the pain was coming back so he felt wrapping his feet might help. I kissed him and said “Goodnight Lazarus”. I don’t mean to make light of it, he really has suffered over the years with back pain and residuals.

I’m going to post this now. It’s getting late and my printer wants a new ink cartridge and it keeps popping up on the screen and is very annoying.

Good night everyone.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #3  

Morning all. Supposed to be pleasant and sunny today. Getting out at lunchtime for sure!

Annie – Yay for only having one hour left of your CE and then being done for two years. I’m sorry you’re dealing with chronic aches and pains. Would a gentle stretching routine help you? No more gardening?! Don’t give it up just yet. Try some raised beds and/or pots for veggies and flowers. I agree that the weather puts such a damper on motivation to get out there - too dry, too wet, hot, humid, buggy…and not just for gardening, but for other outdoor activities. But for me, it’s kind of like exercising, once I’m dressed for it and get there, I’m good to go.

Ceejay – I’m glad you’re doing well after the surgery, and happy to hear everything was benign. According to our weather forecast, we’re not getting rain today, but there’s definitely some coming up. I hope it doesn't mess with my travel on Saturday.

Happy – Thanks for starting our new thread. Yep, the year is really going by quickly!! Yuck, re the septic tank. Hope to not live anywhere that has one. And I’m glad I wasn’t home when our catch basin had to be pumped out. Just the thought of it…ugh. Anyway, I bet DH is happy he’s done with that job. Now he needs to spend some quality time in a hammock or chaise lounge, or on the sofa and just loaf around a bit and give his body a well-deserved rest. Glad you and the 3-season room guy are on the same page, and I hope he completes everything to your satisfaction. Geez, sucks that the display on your hot tub went out. For Pete’s sake - can nothing last and work properly??? Fingers the part is in stock or doesn’t take long to arrive. for all your pains. I hope getting your b12 and vit. D levels back in range helps alleviate some of the pain. When does your yoga class start back up? Re the AH wig shop – you know, I recall passing by that when we first moved out here, but I’m almost positive it’s not around anymore. When I did a google maps search for this “adult baby” shop to see exactly where it was, it was listed as a “medical supply store”. What a load of crap. (Lot of crap going around here the past couple days, lol.)

Shad – Has the job extension paperwork come through yet?

Hellos to Susie, Dee & Michelle.

==
Had my hair appointment last night. My girl is pregnant and I can't imagine how tiring it must be to stand so much.

This morning I woke up before the alarm and did a workout. I borrowed a kettlebell dvd from the library over the weekend and did the tutorial portion this morning. It wasn’t just the instructor demonstrating the moves, but we were doing them in 15-,30-, and 45- second intervals and was around 30 minutes total. That brought me right back to the kettlebell class I took a few years ago – so many squats, with the weight of the k-bell to boot, so it turned my legs to jelly. And lunges too, yikes. I need to be able to walk today, hehehe, so I didn’t do all the intervals. I’ve got this dvd for a couple weeks, so I’ll keep at it. There’s also two workouts on the dvd, one that’s drills and combinations and another that’s got core work. Should be big fun.

That’s it for me. Everyone have a great day.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Oh my, it is June! Thanks for setting up the thread Happy.
I drove this morning for the first time after having my surgery. Kind of ouches a bit driving over the road. I'm going to try to stay off the pain meds for the rest of the week but I will take them if I need them. I need to work out the soreness. I dread going back to work if I'm still this sore.

I was supposed to have a phone conversation with SS this afternoon but she called this morning. My application has been submitted and my check will start in September. She will have to mail me some information then I have to send her back some information. For some unknown reason my 2015 tax returns still hasn't been on file with SS.

I will try to comment later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Manic panic strikes again. However like most things, this too will pass. Contract for extension signed and sent - no human intervention these days, you get an email with an attachment, you sign via a signature program and it returns to sender. I have now been asked to take over a couple of procurement training sessions as well. As if finance wasn't enough of a problem. But then I am probably more conversant with spending than I am with budgets anyway.

So I'd better go get on with it. Supposed to be a wet weekend, therefore it may be advantageous to work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #6  

Happy
I'm with you on trying Alieve for my aches and pains this week. I don't like the groggy feeling of the hydrocodone. Sigh on the recent problem with the hot tub controls.

Laura
Good for you in getting up early enough to do a work out before you go to work.

Annie
Hang in there. You are much loved and needed. I still need that extra kick sometimes.

I really think I should be off work at least another week to let my body heal. But I have a couple of more days to get better.
More later.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I survived Innovation Review. I will go back tomorrow morning to get our stuff packed up in the car and back to our office. We have 8 tubs full of product and props and such. I do have another girl from the office going with me.

I am taking Monday and Tuesday off as my birthday is Tuesday. DO is ta king off work too. It will be a nice 4 day weekend.

Annie, I am not surprised you heard that verse again. God just works that way. Hang in there. Life ebbs and flows. We are lucky in this world to have tender hearted people like you. It is your gift.

Ceejay: Sounds like your procedure went well and I am glad to hear it. Dont overdue. You have healing on the inside to dour.

Shad:is the contract in place yet?

Laura: I need to get back to my workouts and logging now that the long hours for innovation review work is finished. I will be watching for you there.

Happy, please tell me th as the part for the hot tub screen was there the next day and fixed.
I saw the pictures of the deck,the all season room and hot tub. It does all look very nice.

Hi to Michelle and Dee.

I am posting from my phone so I hope this all makes sense.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #8  
Choose your hard

Well it appears that when they put the battery in the remote, they didn't close it tightly and it shorted out. We have another remote from the store, I don't know how old it is or how long IT will last.

Tonight I helped out at Bingo at the Senior Center - another story to tell. When I got home it was after 9pm and quiet. As I passed by the 3 Season room I swore I heard dripping. I called out DH. He said he didn't hear anything. I saw a board underneath that had a big wet spot. DH went to several places, insisted he didn't hear anything. But I did. Finally he saw it. Dripping. Very promiment dripping. We kind of thought the tub was losing water faster than it should of but this is all new so what do we know??? It's been dripping on the new cedar deck since - oh WHEN WE FILLED IT LAST WEEK???? I am so beyond pizzzed that I can't even describe it. I don't know how I am going to calm down and sleep tonight.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Prayer Warriors needed.

M woke up paralyzed from the waist down. Off to the hospital. Spinal compression from the tumors and cancer. Of course nothing can be done about it. At this point, dear LORD just take him and stop this suffering. I am beyond sad.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:47 AM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I am so sorry to hear about your dear brother. He is in my prayers....as are you and the family. Sending lots of love.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #11  

Annie – So sorry to hear about M. Praying he can be kept comfortable and out of pain.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #12  

Morning all.

Happy – Oh no, sorry to hear about the dripping. Don’t suppose it could just be dripping condensation – hot tub and cold night air?? Probably wishful thinking, especially since you noticed the tub losing water faster than expected. How infuriating.

Susie – Glad you survived the IR. Bet you’re relieved that’s over. So nice you have a 4-day weekend planned for yourself! Enjoy!

Ceejay – I hope you get a lot of healing done the next couple days and feel up to working when you return to work. If you really aren’t feeling up to it, you need to see the doc and get more time off for recovery. Are you supposed to have a follow-up appointment with your doctor? Re SS not having your 2015 tax return yet – I’m not surprised. It’s the government.

Shad – Glad the extension is all squared away. So now you’re on this job for another two months?

Hi Michelle!

Dee, where are you? Miss ya ‘round here!
--
Nothing much to report. I didn’t do any laundry or packing last night. Bf and I went to dinner. When we got home we went in the yard because he said I should see the gigantic dirt pile next door with the huge piece of equipment sitting on top of it. (Our neighbors are getting an addition built onto their house. What a mess – ruined lawn, part of their fence removed, etc.) I then saw the brush piled up by the patio from my weekend pruning session and remembered it had to be bundled and twined, so we did that. And bf brought out the weed sprayer that wouldn’t spray (air was escaping while being pumped). We figured that out and he sprayed the gravel area alongside the house.

I took some Nyquil before bed and slept soundly. I woke up groggy, as usual when I take that stuff. I didn’t exercise this morning. I checked in online for my flight tomorrow morning.

Tonight I’ll be packing and hopefully get to bed at a reasonable hour because I'll have to leave the house at an ungodly hour to get to the airport.

That’s it for me. TTFN!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

Annie - I am so sorry to hear of M's suffering. That is the worst part - the slow deterioration. It is torture for all around. You and he are in my prayers. My heart goes out to you at this time. Be strong for him although you are a big pile of mush.

In other more trivial matters, we talked to the hot tub guy today. He said "gee that's not good (that it's leaking). Yah think???? He said, no problem, it will probably need replacing. Ok, well we built the 3 season room around the tub because it's too big to get into a standard doorway. So.. they will have to take apart the room to get the tub out. Heaven knows what that will cost. I hope they can just get part of the roof up and remove the north wall to get the tub out. *sigh*. Both of us woke up with aches and pains from stress I'm sure. As I was falling asleep I was thinking perhaps it was dripping from the cover which of course has condensation. When you pull the cover back, it does drip on the floor and through the floorboards but that is at the far end of the platform and this dripping was at the near end so that's not it. DH was pretty upset. This is a constant fiasco and NOTHING is going right. DH also called Home Depot yesterday after another 6 weeks of not hearing anything from them. They said they JUST got the replacement front door in and didn't have a chance to inspect it and they will call us back. DH said the ENTIRE door and sidelights needs to be replaced. I swear we should have just razed the house and rebuilt although with the experiences we are having, we'd be better off moving to a bear's den instead. We have not heard a peep from the contractor who was supposed to start work replace the deck and siding last week.

DH called the insurance company to ask about additional coverage for the addition and hot tub. Good thing he called, they substantially undervalued our coverage when we first set it up in 2011 when we bought the house. Good thing our house didn't implode in that horrible almost tornado 18 months ago.

I don't know girls, some bad ju-ju in the air.

Ceejay - I know you don't need me to tell you this but be extra careful moving about even if you return to work next week. You are healing and will be for a long time inside. You might feel better and forget this so nix the lifting and bending. Sitting and walking only.

Laura - I hope you have a safe trip and manage to get a few things done with your Mom next week so that it's a worthwhile venture for you. Good luck at the airport getting through the check in security lines. I don't envy you that - wear comfortable shoes! Yuck on the mess next door - at least you'll be away for some of the pounding and drilling. Is Coal curious about what is happening?

Susie - good on yah for surviving this round of the Innovation Review. Don't strain yourself loading all that crap - um important materials back into the car and into the office I had one of those fold up hand carts with the bunge cords I used to use all the time for lugging stuff. Happy early birthday - so nice that you and DH can get a long weekend to hopefully relax and celebrate in style!

Shad - so you decided on the extention after all? Probably a wise choice. Hope you can come up with training materials without too much fuss. I certainly don't envy you your job. But the rewards will come eventually when you can finally relax one day.

Because I am stupid and don't think things out, I agree to help out with the Thursday night bingo at the senior center. Man, that's alot of work! And you have a testy crowd to deal with as most people are really nice but they are some serious about bingo. It's also at the same time as WW which meets downstairs in the building. Since I didn't cancel my membership and DH likes their breakfast granola bars, I stopped in and weighed in. I'm not sure they were very happy that I did not stay but at least I made an appearance. I gained about 3 pounds between Chicago and just not keeping track of things when I got back and I finally got all of that weight back off again so I'm back where I was a month ago. Need to keep pushing it. Like the others have said, have to just get back on track with planning and writing things down. I may try to finish out the month with attending WW for 30 minutes between bingo stints.

Anyway - I agreed to fill in at the thrift shop this afternoon. We had to terminate one volunteer who signed up for a bunch of shifts and then would cancel 3 hours or less before she was to show up. We are short of people now. A new volunteer signed up - she's 82 but she just retired from working 19 years at a busy candy store in town so I hope she won't be intimidated by the hustle bustle of summer at the shop. I think I know the lady. Anyway, could not leave her alone on her first day. The bad thing is that DH and I usually go out to dinner on Fridays and if I have to close on Fridays at 5 or maybe a smidge later, I might not finish up until 6pm. By then all the restaurants around here are quite packed so I always hated working Friday afternoons. But this is a one time shot, I won't pass out if I don't get fed tonight.

Guess I've babbled enough. Going to make a couple of eggs and some toast to hold me over. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #14  

Happy
I have told myself that I would not be lifting or bending upon my return to work. I do have a follow up visit on June 14th. I was hoping that he would tell me to wait till then to go back to work. I'm not as sore today as I was yesterday so that's a good thing. I hope the hot tub troubles are resolved soon. In all honesty, I'm taking vacation time off to have this done. So it's not on record at work. Just my insurance company and my bosses know.

Laura, Annie, Susie and Michelle

-------
I'm feeling better each day. I still like to take my naps in the afternoon so this will be hard to break once I start back to work. This morning I got up to early and had to go back to bed to get all the rest in for the day.
The hospital called today to see how I was doing.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - so sorry to hear of the new problems your brother has to face. I hope for a speedy and merciful release for him. That will not end the pain for you, but he will be free.

Got to go to work - even on a Saturday - and to face up to some contract woes - some of my own misunderstanding, some lack of communication from the recruitment company, some from lack of hurry from the government. Personally I wonder if I will have a job come Monday week. Don't care much if I don't. This is so not worth it. Like I said, can't organise a piss up in a brewery - even if I brought the glasses along.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote