Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #1  

Default What do you all do with your hair?

I'm so sick of my hair lately. I work night shift so I'm not expecting to go out in updos every night but I want something other than a claw clip and messy bun with poofed bangs. Has anyone tried that french braiding tool? I recently also got one of those little bow-rubber bands to go in the messy bun too. I dunno, I'm just bored. It's finally at a length where I can start doing more with it but I don't have any ideas!
mymagicnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/255/140

Height: 5'11

My go to is always a messy bun or half up/half down type thing. Sometimes I'll do a french braid (I don't know about any tools for them, I just do them by hand since they're pretty easy, at least to me). Lately I've also been experimenting with victory rolls and/or doing a little bump in my bangs--they're both really easy to do but they still look nice. Or at least they will look nice once I practice enough.
There's a lot of other styles I've been meaning to try as well (finger waves come to mind). I'd suggest looking at hairstyles on pinterest--there's usually something interesting there in my experience.
FredZesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #3  

My hair is so burnt right now... I have heard that coconut can save it, is it true?
Jessi901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I was terrible at doing my hair and so I sat myself down one day and followed a YouTube tutorial to curl my hair with a tapered curling wand. It came it ok but it took a long time and it wasn't perfect. But I kept up practicing, learning easier ways to section my hair and getting my hands used to the coordination of curling and it REALLY paid off. Now I get it done in 10 minutes flat and I can have loose curls, spiral curls, beachy waves, you name it. I even learned how to curl my hair with a flat iron. It just takes a little patience and a little practice and I don't regret a second of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi901 View Post
My hair is so burnt right now... I have heard that coconut can save it, is it true?
It will probably help but there is no saving burnt hair, once it is damaged there is no way to reverse it. You have to cut it and regrow it and try it to fry it next time. Taking care of hair is really important. I heat style my hair a lot but I always use heat protectant spray. I also try not to blow dry, I only color twice a year, and I only wash my hair once a week. You'd be amazed how much damage soap and water can do.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #5  
blubberbutt

S/C/G: 250/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, I'm totally having a hair crisis at the moment as well.
I moved to Spain last October and this summer heat has my hair looking like I stuck my hand in a socket.
So much frizz :c I'm not sure what else to do either.

I've never heard about coconut saving burnt hair. What happened? D:
nolimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/176/150

Height: 5'6"

I have very thick hair down to my butt, and had to get creative when it came to surviving summer and those 'I just don't care' days. A twist braid ended up being one of my favorite 'it takes two minutes' ways to pull my hair out of my face.
Wikihow has a nice rope/twist braid tutorial if you're not familiar.

It also looks incredible if you do a basic two strand rope braid in a knotless high ponytail, then twist it into a bun. Looks flawlessly smooth, no stuck-out strands (if your hair isn't heavily layered)
Maerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

I recently chopped about 6 inches off my hair. It's shoulder length and blunt cut. Watched some tutorials on YouTube about how to use hot rollers and foam curlers. Been playing around with both depending on where I'm going...hot rollers if I'm going someplace more dressy and foam curlers work for everyday. Definitely giving my hair some more volume and big soft curls which I love.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #8  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

I have very long hair and am a braiding fiend. French braids, dutch braids, herringbones. I like to put damp hair in two dutch braids over night because when it dries I get the most beautiful mermaid waves.

Here is my hair inspiration:

thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

This is my favorite. Takes less than a minute and I get so many compliments.
http://www.wikihow.com/Do-an-Inside-Out-Ponytail
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #10  

Quote:
I have very long hair and am a braiding fiend. French braids, dutch braids, herringbones. I like to put damp hair in two dutch braids over night because when it dries I get the most beautiful mermaid waves.
I'm the same

I have medium hair, I use to braid my hair all the time and I love my hair this way..

Last edited by stream26; 03-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
stream26 is offline   Reply With Quote