Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 324.6/317/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Let's try this again...

And hopefully it'll stick this time.

Hi, I'm a 33 year old woman who has tried to lose weight a lot in the past. And it works, too -- then I get to 20, 30, sometimes 40 lbs down and something throws me off. And I gain it back, plus another 20 pounds. Well, that can't happen this time!

So what are my struggles? Well, right now the major hurdle (or excuse) is that my back hurts. Constantly. I used to walk and hike all the time, but I can't anymore, because that much walking is physically impossible now... which is my biggest wake-up call that I need to get this under control. So I bought an exercise bike. Now I can't say it's too hot to exercise, because I have AC. And I can't say I don't have time to go to a gym, because it's in my home. And I can't say I'll go after watching this show, because the TV's right there - I can watch AND exercise at the same time! Concept.

I'm not following any specific diet. Just counting calories (with an app! Smartphone might make all the difference!) and cutting out junk food. Planning my meals in advance, rather that thinking "what am I going to eat now." Got my scale four days ago (I weighed a little less than I'd expected, which was good... but it was still over 320, which was less good) and I should have the bike early next week.

I think that maybe the biggest struggle is this one family member. You know the one... she has 5-10 pounds to lose (always 5-10) and is constantly trying a new diet plan. And trying to get you to join in on the pseudoscience of the week. And saying that she understands your struggle, because she gained an ounce last week. And on the one hand, you want to support her because she's really kind and completely supportive of you, but on the other hand it gets frustrating to be constantly dealing with her struggles when you are literally twice her weight (and only a half inch taller).

So that's me in a nutshell. Just here because... well, I have a lot to lose (figuratively and literally! Fun!) and I'm hoping to find companions on this journey. Nice to meet you all.
krhsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #2  

Hi krhsg and welcome! Good for you for jumping in the game. You may want to post on the thread that I have become very comfortable with called May accountability. It is under support topic. I joined in April and like the support I have rec'd. See you there if you decide to post Good luck either way.
Terry23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhsg View Post
And hopefully it'll stick this time.

Hi, I'm a 33 year old woman who has tried to lose weight a lot in the past. And it works, too -- then I get to 20, 30, sometimes 40 lbs down and something throws me off. And I gain it back, plus another 20 pounds. Well, that can't happen this time!

So what are my struggles? Well, right now the major hurdle (or excuse) is that my back hurts. Constantly. I used to walk and hike all the time, but I can't anymore, because that much walking is physically impossible now... which is my biggest wake-up call that I need to get this under control. So I bought an exercise bike. Now I can't say it's too hot to exercise, because I have AC. And I can't say I don't have time to go to a gym, because it's in my home. And I can't say I'll go after watching this show, because the TV's right there - I can watch AND exercise at the same time! Concept.

I'm not following any specific diet. Just counting calories (with an app! Smartphone might make all the difference!) and cutting out junk food. Planning my meals in advance, rather that thinking "what am I going to eat now." Got my scale four days ago (I weighed a little less than I'd expected, which was good... but it was still over 320, which was less good) and I should have the bike early next week.

I think that maybe the biggest struggle is this one family member. You know the one... she has 5-10 pounds to lose (always 5-10) and is constantly trying a new diet plan. And trying to get you to join in on the pseudoscience of the week. And saying that she understands your struggle, because she gained an ounce last week. And on the one hand, you want to support her because she's really kind and completely supportive of you, but on the other hand it gets frustrating to be constantly dealing with her struggles when you are literally twice her weight (and only a half inch taller).

So that's me in a nutshell. Just here because... well, I have a lot to lose (figuratively and literally! Fun!) and I'm hoping to find companions on this journey. Nice to meet you all.
Just wanted to say hello and nice to meet you. Hopefully we can get to where we want to be in our weight loss journey.
Dina
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Never give up on fitness!! You have a great fitness bucket,just push yourself!! Walking ,dancing, listen to your favorite music, it makes it more challenging!! You can do it!!

There is a saying,sitting is the new Cancer....Am almost 50 y/o, I walk everyday,climb stairs, and more!! Fitness is the key!!

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Oh, forgot to say... I deal with sciatica..and moving around,rest,and repeat..helps alot.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote