Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #1  
full of thanks

Default Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2016

HI ladies,

I want to invite you to the support group. We offer support to all people on the forum, especially if you suffer from depression or other mental health ailments.

You can post about everyday life or your ups and downs regarding your mental health.

We have a great group of people posting here and always welcome new ones. So if your new, jump right in and get to know us.

Much love to all.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #2  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Angry Arggggh!!!

Well, I just wrote and LOST 2 long posts with personals to each of you. I simply don't have the energy to post again. Please know that I am reading along and doing my best to hang in there. Tensions are very high in my home right now ~ again ~ and I am at the end of my LONG rope. Thank God I have a therapy appointment tomorrow! Thank you, Lisa, for starting the new May thread! I planned to do it on the 1st and forgot all about it. Coop, I think you have Holly (Vermont Mom) and me (Kathleen/IBelieveInMe2) mixed up. I am the one having issues with my 20 year old son. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up and thank you for your concern and insights. I appreciate your perspective! I came here to vent instead of stuffing my emotions with food. Then, I lost all of my venting to cyberspace! Oh well, maybe it's for the best. I might have bored you all to tears. At least I still got the emotion out. Thank you ALL for being here for me. It really helps to know I can come to this group for support! I will try to check back in again soon. What happened to catinhat? She was posting along quite a bit and suddenly stopped. I hope she's okay!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #3  
I can do it!!!

Wink p.s.

Coop: How is your toothache? Please let us know what the dentist says.

Lisa: Best of luck with your interview on the 4th!!! I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:20 AM   #4  

Kathleen - so sorry! I get your names mixed quite a lot, but I usually catch myself memory of a goldfish on forgetful pills... Thanks for asking about the toothache, still sore, but I feel reassured after seeing my dentist

Lisa, thanks so much for starting the new thread

Last edited by Coop27; 05-03-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! Many thanks to Lisa for starting new thread. I am posting from my Kindlefire for this post so I can easily show you the pics from our horrendous back porch cleanup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160423_155652.jpg (30.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160424_180154.jpg (28.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-03-2016 at 03:10 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #6  
Biker Chick!

That is a stacked washer/dryer that we got for free and never took advantage of (roll eyes) and it is at least flush with the wall now. There are a few storage bins that did not get opened or looked at but you can see at least there is a path now!

Lisa - so sorry you are just not feeling up to much here, that is OK!!! we WILL keep it going I hope so much you can find some employment that you enjoy and is not hard on you physically. much love to YOU!

Coop - it is difficult to keep the names straight isn't it, we know who you are talking to Hope your wisdom teeth stop bothering you, and we understand that you don't want to post possibly sensitive job info.

purplecow - well heck girl we are so envious but proud of you being able to drop pounds!!! YES if you have some easy to follow secrets that don't involve being hungry let me know

Kathleen - hugs to you!!! so very very sorry to hear the tension is bad now. You are such a good mom to be aware that you don't want to 'push him away' by offering advice, that is so hard I know! If the situation is working, on having him at the lake house while you aren't, I guess that is what you should do for now. BEST wishes!!!

I don't have a similar situation to commiserate with, except for being a parent, wanting the best for your children; our older son has spent probably thousands of dollars over the years on dvd movies, games, and on online gaming and what I feel are a waste of money AND time AND alienates people from society; technology is great but I KNOW it has kept him from socializing and he is single and only has had a couple dates in his life but I do not bug him about stuff, we are very proud that he bought a house last year, he must be OK financially to do that, hopefully the house takes up all his money and he won't waste it on online games!!

OH and isn't it frustrating when you lose long and thoughtful posts!!

EasySpirit
way to go on being on a South Beach-y type plan, it does work if one follows it, that is for sure. I hope you can stay away from the dreaded sugar monster. We have had some really nice sunny days but the warmth is just not here yet. I have a few daffodils blooming but very tiny green leaves in the woods.

Yes we are missing Miss Catinhat! And I know Fi is ok, have 'seen' her elsewhere on forum.

Tomorrow, just for a quick bit of cash, I am working for the Rat B@st@rd just for 4 hours, I can bear that.

Kathleen I will send from here, I don't know how I have been able to keep up with the workouts, and I just can't keep myself from playing around in the dirt outside when it's nice so someone please send ME to stop eating so much.

I have to face something hard for me, tomorrow evening, at our monthly motorcycle group meetings, I am SUCH a wuss about confronting issues, I am the original "lets not have any conflict and I want everyone to like me"; but I have to face that if someone has a different opinion about something, it doesn't mean they don't like me or are mad at me...it's just sooo hard for me to deal with conflicting opinions. We are very lucky in our group that we agree on most everything usually. Well I am the damn president LOL and I need to buck up.

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-03-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #7  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Well, I just wrote and LOST 2 long posts with personals to each of you. I simply don't have the energy to post again. Please know that I am reading along and doing my best to hang in there. Tensions are very high in my home right now ~ again ~ and I am at the end of my LONG rope. Thank God I have a therapy appointment tomorrow! Thank you, Lisa, for starting the new May thread! I planned to do it on the 1st and forgot all about it. Coop, I think you have Holly (Vermont Mom) and me (Kathleen/IBelieveInMe2) mixed up. I am the one having issues with my 20 year old son. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up and thank you for your concern and insights. I appreciate your perspective! I came here to vent instead of stuffing my emotions with food. Then, I lost all of my venting to cyberspace! Oh well, maybe it's for the best. I might have bored you all to tears. At least I still got the emotion out. Thank you ALL for being here for me. It really helps to know I can come to this group for support! I will try to check back in again soon. What happened to catinhat? She was posting along quite a bit and suddenly stopped. I hope she's okay!

Kathleen,

Truth be told, I forgot to start the new thread too. I went into the old thread and someone mentioned the month had changed so I started this one. I half-assed the first post in this thread. I couldn't remember what we usually say when starting the new thread.

I feel really bad. I am so focused on posting about my problems, I don't tell you how worried I am about what goes on in your life. I am concerned about your family and your son. I do care. I don't always tell you like I should and i'm really sorry about that.

Much love to you, Kathleen.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 05-03-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #8  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Coop: How is your toothache? Please let us know what the dentist says.

Lisa: Best of luck with your interview on the 4th!!! I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how it goes.
Kathleen,

I go tomorrow at 1 pm EST. There is a list of stuff I'm supposed to bring, I won't have all of it. There is always a crap load of paperwork new jobs require. I do have some of it but not all. I'll get what I can and worry about what is left later.

I'll let you know how things went tomorrow night.

Love to you.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #9  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Kathleen - so sorry! I get your names mixed quite a lot, but I usually catch myself memory of a goldfish on forgetful pills... Thanks for asking about the toothache, still sore, but I feel reassured after seeing my dentist

Lisa, thanks so much for starting the new thread
Coop,

I am glad the dentist helped your tooth. Hopefully, it will feel better in time.

Your welcome about starting the thread. I almost forgot, myself.

Much love to you, Coop.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #10  
full of thanks

Quote:

Lisa - so sorry you are just not feeling up to much here, that is OK!!! we WILL keep it going I hope so much you can find some employment that you enjoy and is not hard on you physically. much love to YOU!

Dear Holly,

Your porch looks great. That must have been a ton of work. I bet your are proud of it now, though.

I am going to make myself post. I know you all are doing really good posting but I can't leave it to you to do all the work on the thread. I would miss it if we all stopped posting. Even if I only post small stuff, I'll keep coming back.

Working as a Home Health Aide will be hard but it's not as physical as the Hallmark job. It is important for me to get back to work, maybe, it will pull me out of the funk I'm in. I will probably have to get some new scrubs, the old ones have seen better days, plus they are a bit tight on me.

Much love to you, Holly.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #11  
I can do it!!!

Default Wow!!!

Holly: Holy cow! I am so very impressed with your porch clean-up job!!! The photos show such incredible progress. Good for you!!! Wish I could clear my clutter so effectively. I'm gonna channel my "inner Holly" as I aim to tackle my own hot spots!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 PM   #12  
I can do it!!!

Default Lisa

Lisa: Thank you for giving me the time of your interview. I will be sending extra prayers at 1pm EST tomorrow (the 4th). (I'm in Ohio, too!) I will be anxious to hear how it went! Good luck!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #13  
I can do it!!!

Default Coop

Coop: I didn't intend to make you feel bad about mixing up me and Holly. But I must admit that you cracked me up with your comment about a goldfish on forgetful pills!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #14  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

Slowly but surely getting back on track. I'm doing basic calorie counting now and am using myfitnesspal. Not currently exercising but trying to add that in soon. Still working on my anxiety and this job is still stressing me out but I can only do what I can do. Focusing on things I can control and continuing to pay off my car and slowly losing weight. I'm finally back down to 228 now.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #15  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
...Focusing on things I can control and continuing to pay off my car and slowly losing weight. I'm finally back down to 228 now.
Yay to you for focusing on things you CAN control! Paying off a debt does give you such satisfaction, chipping away bit by bit. And congrats on dropping pounds!!