General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #1  
Aleta

S/C/G: 160.2/156.4/125

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default Autistic teen daughter diagnosed with C-PTSD

Well, I wasn't sure where to post this for support. I am a single mother of two teen girls on the autism spectrum. I left their dad back in 2003 due to domestic abuse/verbal & mental, and through those years up until 2012, my girls were court ordered to visit him every summer for 6-7 weeks. Through this he remarried, his new wife had two boys of her own, and they had a girl together who is now 8. To make a long story short, my 15 year old, who was the oldest of all the kids, took the big part of his alcoholic raged abuse. After retaining a lawyer in the fall of 2011, I finally got full custody. Just this year my daughter has opened up about the verbal abuse and neglect her and her younger sister endured during the summers. I left in 2003 to protect my girls from the very thing that is now affecting my oldest daughter. All these years everyone assumed her autism was the root of her anxiety, depression, hating school, having no friends, and overeating. After moving a year ago this month for a new job, we found a new therapist for her that has really been a huge help! My daughter sees the counselor every week. She sees a psychiatrist there for her medication and just saw a psychologist a couple weeks ago for a 4-hour psychological evaluation. We're still waiting for the report. We've been fighting to get her on hospital homebound through the schools because her anxiety is so high she hasn't been able to go to school.

So with all this...and being a single mother, who hasn't dated in over 2 years, I myself am recovering from PTSD. I was a gym nut and lifted weights 5 times a week. After moving last year, and my schedule changing, along with all this stress, I have ZERO motivation to start doing my yoga, walking and lifting free weights at home. I don't even need to go to the gym. It's a known fact that autism mothers suffer from PTSD just for the fact of taking care of special needs kids. But adding on the spousal abuse, it's even more. I have been on a low dose of Zoloft...which helps immensely! My eating habits are fairly good. I had a coach who would write my diet plan and exercise plan, so I know what I am doing. But I just can't find the motivation to walk out the door after dinner and even do my hour fast walking. I want to start dating again. I feel like a blob, no energy, etc....and I NEED to get back into shape.

I don't have any new friends up here yet, except at work....and I need social time....but more importantly to make me happy I need to get fit again. I need some support. Any support.

Last edited by Kitiaraven; 05-02-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Kitiaraven is offline   Reply With Quote