Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #1  

Post Hi and stuck and on WW

Hi!

I've lost 25 lbs on WW but have been stuck for quite awhile. The new Points Plus program doesn't seem to fit me well anymore. I saw there was a forum here for it but not a lot of information. It's not recipes I need but very low point food that needs little to no preparation. The WW frozen meals are awful and full of sodium, imo.

I'm 62 and work in a sedentary job, so that's no help either. How are other folks doing? Have others found plans that work better?

Ashli
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

I quite like the WW smart points plan -where are you I'm in NZ.. it seems it works better if you go low carb high protein also try using some of the weeklies over two different day's perhaps wed a Saturday to give your metabolism a boost - have you searched the ww site for low point meals - there is Egg white omelette as egg whites are 0 points - I don't touch the WW food and refuse too - Hate pre packaged also include plenty o fresh veg if you can - eg carrots spinach tomato raw mushroom are all 0 points - but remember starchy veg like potatoes sweet potatoes Yams have points ... and fruit its recommended that you only eat two to three serves - try and include apples and pears they are supposed to be metabolism boosters!
Other things to do - make your own burger - leave out the bun ... if purchasing burgers/hamburger sandwiches have them leave off the bun too

Also find meals that are pre prepared that you like - work out the points values for them on the calculator - just plug in details of the nutritional panel - or look them up online and work out first if not already in the points tracker food log

not sure if this helps or not... As if you are in USA I am not sure of the tools you have there
Guess you could always try a delivery meal service if convenience is what your after - just google "healthy ready made meals" followed by the county you live in?

My go to easy snack /light meal is canned tuna - flavour tomato and basil on either rice thins/corn thins - look for low sodium and organic brands if you can ... or rye cruskits with an apple- whole lot comes in at 4 points
or another topping 1 triangle of laughing cow lite cheese spread with baby spinach and tomato - this is 2 points
Kebabs or wraps with grilled chicken and either light dressings or skipping the dressing and cheese is always good too....
things to avoid - fruit juice that is bad ... smoothies only do these once in a while as they are higher on points

I've tried - 6 week body make over- too restricting didn't last more then 4 weeks, calorie counting didn't have the tools or time
tailor made gym program gained weight didn't loose any there

so for me right now I am working the WW program with some success so far 37 pounds lost on the smart points plan ..

regards to activities I did find some people are doing what is called you tube walking - its like a guided aerobics at low impact on u tube and can vary 30 min up to 1 hour from what I have seen - I originally thought it would be pictures you looked at when you walk on the spot- very wrong.. its music and movement put together so you can work out anywhere and in not much room

Last edited by Karencat; 05-02-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #3  

Thanks, KarenKat, and good ideas about protein! WW changed to this new system so lean protein is now fewer points. Tuna is a good idea, too, thanks.

Yes, I'm in the US and I suppose we have similar tools. I've looked at meal delivery but it just never appealed to me. I appreciate your ideas. And your encouragement!

Ashli
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote