Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up May 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-31-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #2  

Thanks Diana for the new month. Thank you for so lovingly tending to this garden. You set the space for a great community. I am grateful to you for that. And grateful to all who bring their challenges, conquests, hopes, frustrations, humor, insights and more. Diana, I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach.

Steelslady sorry you have been having such a difficult time with your health. I hear about more health challenges these days, than I ever remember hearing before. Hope you are headed toward good health for May. And I am hoping that you will be flu free on Saturday. Glad the scale "is going in the right direction" Way to go !

ZCA72 As always, glad the ZC diet is right for you. I am sure it is very right for many people. Glad you are amongst them, and you found your way to weight control and health.

Diana Congrats on the weight loss. Every .2 in the right direction is significant. I hope you have a good time at myrtle beach. Sounds like fun.

Inkrid so happy for you that you found a plan that is right for you. A 1 lb lost in a week is awesome when you are eating foods you enjoy. And it can be a lifestyle change that works.

Nicholsfamily wtg with the weight and the calories !!!

kidsandneedsenergy I have days when I eat way off plan. Sometimes that's when its most important to post, if I can. I hope the Lasagna and Pizza were delicious.

BelovedWarrier you nearly lost 10 lbs? wowwww that is so great. I am happy for you What kind of nest do you have to go knock down? I hope you have a good time at the food truck festival

Diana's post is the last one here. I am seeing a mayo clinic diet plan advertised. Still no Oprah or Ellen.

Today I did not weight myself. I felt it was the compassionate thing to do after yesterday's culinary bender.
Today I think I had about 1,160 calories.
chicken sausage, vegetables, milk cocoa powder coffee and a bit of dried "fantastic" refried bean mix, just to make one of the bowls of soup palatable.

I am hoping the scale will not be too horrible to me tomorrow morning. But there is no telling how long it will take to recover from Thursday's pretzel roll, butter and carrot cake.

I hope you all have a great last day of April. Edited in: The ad beneath my post is 1 yoga tip for a tiny belly. This does look enticing. Still looking for Oprah giving birth.

Last edited by flower123; 04-30-2016 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:11 AM   #3  

I'm new to this sight but would love to join in!
At 10 stone 10 I'm the heaviest I've ever been and very uncomfortable in all clothes. The time to take action is now!
Old 04-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #4  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

I will hop on board this month. I'm not on a structured diet. I just eat healthy foods and avoid all bad carbs (no fast food, bread, rice, potatoes, cakes, cookies, etc., etc.). My calories typically fall between 1,200 and 1,500 each day, averaging somewhere around 1,350. According to fitbit, I burn about 2,300 calories per day, on average. So, I'm at a deficit of around 750-1,000, which means I should be losing about 1.5 lbs. to 2 lbs. per week. My actual losses are a bit slower than that...but so be it. No doubt it's age. I'm 58 with a metabolism that has a lot in common with a snail. Given my age and related issues, my exercise consists mainly of cardio, either in my home gym (treadmill, elliptical or stationery bike) when the weather is bad...or power walking (about 5 km/hr) outside when the weather is good. I try to do at least an hour a day of exercise and walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Look forward to getting to know everybody!

Last edited by Tuscany; 04-30-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

HI ALL! Welcome!

Beloved, the washer seems ok. a friend said since it is a 'low water' sensing thing to add a pitcher of water to the dry load to make it heavier, which I did and it sensed a heavier load and put in more water. I feel better with a little more water doing the washing LOL so far so good.
ribeyes are on the grill or if lazy I cut them up in chunks, throw in some unsalted butter in a hot pan and flash fry. nothing fancy ever.

remember if you decide to do zero carb it doesn't have to be forever etc. You can just have a zero carb day one day and go up into a few carbs the next day. Thing is a zero carb menu is the lowest you can go so if you opt to eat a few carbs the next days and then go back to a zero carb day there is nothing wrong with that at all. You do whatever fits you very important....we all gotta do what feels best and right for ourselves.

HI EVERYONE
day early on the may thread but here we are!

easy relaxing day
cloudy and rain is coming which is good. knock out some pollen from the air and we are in drought almost so we need all we can get.

I am in a do nothing mood. little of this and that around the house and maybe some movies on tv or start that book I have been wanting to read. One of those who cares days happening here!!

tuna and mayo for lunch later with small ribeye

everyone have a fun saturday and relax if you can!!
Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Determinedchick22 & Tuscany Welcome to the check-in!

Last night I did: Sedentary Lifestyle Stretch from Perfect in 10 Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

I'm going out of town for the day so, no official workout for me today. We are eating at a seafood place for dinner. I will have it grilled or broiled. I'm still considering a salad. We'll see how it goes.

It looks like I basically maintained for the month. Nothing is wrong with that since I have spent so many years above 200, above 300 and at 400. So I will take maintaining for now. It's not perfect but better than the alternative.

I did some reading up on the angioedema. Vitamin C seems to be recommended. I did buy some last night. We'll see how it goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 169.2
Down: .4

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-30-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #7  
Warrior Princess

Oh dear, I didn't check in for several days and now I'm too lost in the April thread to keep up.. I will just jump back in here. Yay for May!

I'm still rocking Jillian!

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We just got back home. Whew, I'm tired! Myrtle Beach isn't that far away but it feels like it when you're driving.

Total Approx 1900 Calories + It's amazing at how quickly the calories add up, even when you are trying to make the best choices and eat lighter.

Breakfast (250 Calories + )
Organic Valley Vanilla Shake 190 calories
Coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (350 Calories)
Salad w/romaine, roasted turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, apple, & BHF's ranch 350 calories

Dinner (1300 Calories)
shared she crab soup w/DH 200 calories
side salad w/BHF's ranch 100 calories
grilled salmon, scallops & crab cake 500 calories
baked potato w/tiniest amount of butter 300 calories
shared pie w/DH 200 calories

Exercise:
None
Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 AM   #9  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome to MAY! Tomorrow is May Day. It doesn’t seem as tough people celebrate that any longer. We had the best time to grow up. So much simpler then. Oh well, I choose to look ahead and not behind. So, my final weight loss for the month was 9.6. I missed 255 by .2 pounds. This month’s goal is to get to 245.2 – 10 pounds! to all the peepers here on this thread. (BTW – THANK YOU DIANA for keeping this going and maintaining the new thread each month!)

Flower: Thank you for the kudos. The next I’ve been repeatedly knocking down is a very determined robin … but, I’m even more determined. The other day the little critter stared me down from the tree – I feel like I’m in a Mel Brook’s movie. We taped glittery party trim to the canopy and door. Hopefully that will deter the birds. Oh, I didn’t tell you the location – above the light over my front door. Messy and I don’t want to get dive bombed, hence I keep knocking it down. The food truck festival was fun. I had planned my food out before I went, only to change it (for the better) once I was there. My friend and I split an Elk Burger and Chicken on a stick. It sounds like you stayed to some low calories and hopefully are finding decent things to eat (Carrot cake is considered a vegetable … right?) Have a great Sunday!

Determinedchick … I think your name says it all!! Not sure what a stone is for measurement, but you are at a very good place to rant, rave, encourage, and hug … enjoy!

Tuscany: I see you on the weigh-in forum … I think you will find this place very encouraging and compassionate. ENJOY! BTW – you’re humor will definitely fit in “metabolism that has a lot in common with a snail.”

ZCA: great to hear you received advise on how to trick the Washer. Kind of a pain, but hey! Whatever works – right? Thanks for the info re ZC. ENJOY the rest of the weekend and I hope you had a wonderful “do nothing” day!

Diana: I hope you have a wonderful day trip. It doesn’t surprise me that Vitamin C would help. I’m sure they may be suggestion a mega dose of C. If you look up Andrew Saul he is big proponent of Vitamin C. There a documentary that he put out that is very good too, re: C. Welcome home! Oooo I love th sound of the scallops and crab cake! It sounds like you had a great mini-getaway.

novangel: jumping in works … and, if you are jumping that can be marked as exercise -- right? Good to hear you’re still doing Jillian. Has the body become more accepting to the routine?

Night Night -- hope you all sleep well.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #10  

Hi all
Not going to write personals tonight.
Determinedchick22 & Tuscany good to meet you. Glad you are joining us !

Today's weight: 6 lbs above goal. That's up from earlier in the week.

Food was mostly good news. Except there was a bit of a mishap at TJs.
A guy who works there in mgmt. offered me a chocolate GF cookie. Of course I could have refused. But to refuse free cookies seems like a crime against .......something. Tried to find the calories online. Found the chocolate chip version of it online 70 calories per cookie. So guessing the chocolate version of the cookie could not have been more than 100 calories. Total calories for the day: around 1200. Pretty high in carbs though.

Hoping everyone has a great Sunday !

Last edited by flower123; 05-01-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

HI ALL
big big T storms here. house shaking, lightening going crazy. Love big storms tho.
seems it is on the end now, everything tapering off. washed that nasty pollen off everything which is nice.

easy day
just relaxing and little of this and that
off to moms for a visit later to chat
stop at store and get kiddo new sneakers along the way

'big doings' here LOL

ribeye and pork chops today. All is fab in my little world of ZC! Lifestyle for sure now. No more 'dieting mess of counting, macros, and all that jazz' and boy do I love that!

but off I go to get the day rolling.

everyone have a fine Sunday!!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:10 AM   #12  

Hello Everyone, I am brand new to this website, started yesterday. I am excited to be with a community that marches by its own beat! It seems that people follow whatever works for them, which may not be the same for others. That's awesome. I want to lose 23 or so pounds and plan to be consistent in my eating and exercising towards my goal. I do work a whole lot of hours though which I will have to figure out a balance. My birthday is May 9th therefore I couldn't have joined at a better time. I was heavier in the past and feel good about "getting this done this time." I have already exercised this am. I look forward to checking in when I can which hopefully will be most days this month. Does anybody have ideas on healthy but filling breakfast ideas other than my usual boiled egg/toast. I am not crazy about oatmeal since it makes me sleepy for some reason. Also, lunch on the go ideas would be helpful as well. Congrats to all of you on your accomplishments so far
Old 05-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Terry23 Hi and welcome to 3FC's and the check-in!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning Everyone!

Exercise: Nothing for last night or this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1900 +
Weigh In: 169.6
Up: .4 <-- I am up what I was down yesterday

Have a glorious day!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Back AGAIN.....
Up to 95 kg or thereabouts.
I need to lose at least 25kg, preferably 35kg, STAT.
Starting tomorrow.
Closed Thread