South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Arctic Weekend- Feb 13-14

Good morning! It is really cold outside but the coffee is hot! Anyone ready for a cup?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #2  

Okay, we only got about 6 inches of snow but now we are truly in the icebox: we have -16* this morning and the forecast is for it to stay there all day with the windchill another 20-30 degrees lower. Brrrrrrr! Luckily I stopped at the grocery store yesterday so I don't have to go out if I don't want to.

I should probably do a bit of cleaning today and maybe I will make some sort of soup or stew....I will have to see what is in the freezer...

Keep warm today chicks and have a great day!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We have a balmy 10 degrees compared to you Beth, with a real feel of -13! My family was supposed to go without me to NC this weekend, but the ice storm that may come through on Mon/Tues stopped them. Good thing I have food in the fridge so I don't have to think about that! (of course, tonight is taco night. Not exactly cold weather food, but do they care?!?!)

I have a 30% off coupon at Kohl's, and both kids need shoes and we need a few other things too. We'll definitely bundle up for the trip!

I officially changed myself to tea in the mornings. I have my favorite right now, Vanilla Caramel....Mmmmmm......
Old 02-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Great title Beth and thanks for starting us off. Soup or stew sounds perfect. Will make the house smell great too. Enjoy your week off from school. Hopefully we will get a reprieve from the cold soon.

Another work day. Luckily I ran all my weekly errands yesterday too. I bought everything I need, well except an area rug, to get DS's room in shape. My goal is to pain the ceiling, hang the ceiling fan and prep one wall tomorrow. I bought some vegetarian crumbles and may try making Creamy Mexican casserole with them. Also will add to sauce for spaghetti squash marinara. I need to take stock of the freezer. I don't want to over cook, but love just pulling something out for the week.

Keep the coffee coming today brrrrrr!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #5  

Morning Tammy you snuck in on me. Your tea sounds delicious! Have fun at Kohl's. Love their coupons!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Beth! Thanks, too, for the coffee!

Stay warm everyone! I promise warmer weather is coming. It's 41° here right now and it looks like the next week is pretty decent as well. I know we will be back to cold and snow at some point so I'll enjoy this while it's here. I'm going to do some stuff in the yard then take it easy for the remainder of the day.

The tenant paid enough last night that he won't be evicted which is good. I didn't want to have the hassle of rerenting. Yay!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The funny noise coming from slightly NW of you, Beth, is my teeth chattering and dogs whimpering. We are way below both zeros - when it's this cold, it's almost the same in F or C and the Delta Carnival is still a GO! Hardy folk around here!

I need to be at the rink for 11 and have decided to wear my jammies under my corduroy pants. The rest of me will be Michelin Man layers, with my fur hat with the ears all topped off with my long red hooded coat. I sure hope there are no pictures and that my hands stay warm enough to use the scissors to cut the ribbon to open the event.

I'm hoping the rest of the day will be quiet. Our Delta "Family" dinner will be on Monday which is Family Day here in Ontario. I also have a Board meeting that morning but just need to do scalloped potatoes and some frozen veggies to have with the ham which just needs a short oven time. The 3GFs will bring dessert, a salad and pre-dinner nibbles and cleanup is always a group effort.

Beth, it's definitely a soup or stew day but I'm almost out of stew-type veggies so will have to rummage around in my freezer and forage. I do have a spaghetti squash so it may be a pasta night.

Stay warm Beach Buddies.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a nice 16 degrees here not counting wind chill. We have more snow coming in this evening but just need to hang in it will be going up in a couple of days to the 40's.

Today is more carpet ripping and then going shopping with my 2 girls. Tywnn I also have the 30% coupon.

Beth stay warm, stew or chili sounds good.

Jekel hope you get everything accomplished and drive safe into work. I want to get another corner of DD1 room done so I only have 1/3 of the room to rip up left.

Tywnn glad they are being safe and not risking the drive. Bundle up and stay warm

Debbie glad you have some warmer weather to enjoy right now. Glad the tenant came through with enough money.

Ruth I would be a michelin man as well if I was up there. DH and I went to PBR last night and I wore 2 pair of pants and 2 shirts under my winter coat, did the trick, kept warm.

Have a great Saturday everyone
Old 02-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! We are -22F with a wind chill of -38F this Valentines Day! The dogs did the fastest potty trip ever and we are now snuggling by the stove.

I do have to go out for a few groceries later since I have the family dinner thing tomorrow but that will be "it". I have a financial report to do for tomorrow's Mill Board meeting which will be a challenge since the Excel program is very different on this machine. I may end up and and hand write the thing. Too bad I don't have a quill pen.

Hope your day is warm and lovely with lots of love and just the right amount of chocolate.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, I am so sorry it's so cold! That sounds miserable stay warm and take care

Super slept in so all I have time for coffee and head to work. I made my smoothie yesterday so I'll take it with me.

I had good news yesterday. Amazing! I've been looking to get my trees trimmed they are all mountain ash. It's usually pretty expensive. My coworkers husband is a supervisor for a company that trims trees for the utilities. He's decided he would do it for me and haul the wood away. The dead stuff is super great firewood.I'm sure I'll still have branches and scraps but that's OK.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-14-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #11  

Good morning, guess I shouldn't complain about our temps. We are at -3. I don't remember the last time we were truly in the negatives. My poor new boiler just can't keep up with this old house. Upstairs is toasty warm. Downstairs it was 59! Temp is set for 70. At least I will be working upstairs today.

Ruth glad you have a quiet day planned.

I have chocolates here for DS and Joe. I've resisted them this long, so I think I will be ok lol. I'm staying put today working on DS's room and other household stuff. Otherwise I see hot chocolate in my future today.

Stay warm!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:00 AM   #12  

Morning Debbie, very nice of your co worker's husband!Hope work goes by quickly so you can have some free time.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is also very cold here, the snow is on its way should get another 1 to 3 inches of snow. Almost there warm weather will be her by Wednesday.

I did get most of the carpet up, just have one corner left to do, then it's on to removing the nails stage.

Ruth sorry you are so cold, stay warm. Is it a different version of excel? Have you tried using the help or just google whatever you are having trouble with finding in the new version.

Debbie hope work goes by quickly, that is great news about your trees, it can be very expensive to get them trimmed.

Jekel, I am the same have chocolates here for everyone but have not gotten into them at all. Staying the course.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day everyone!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #14  

Morning! We are also cold....I beat Ruth's temperature by a few degrees but we currently have glorious sunshine streaming through the windows.

Pearlrose and Jennifer, I specifically told DH not to buy me any chocolates; I am also trying to eat clean during Lent and I saw the scale tick down this morning. I will confess I bought myself some flowers at the grocery store Friday. May you find success working on your respective projects.

Debbie, that is awesome about the tree trimming. I love it when the deals work out like that.

Not sure what is on my agenda today. Coffee and probably staying put. I should shovel the walkway; our neighbor plowed the driveway yesterday but I didn't go outside at all so the cleanup shoveling still needs to be done. I finished a novel yesterday; at some point this weekend I should do a bit of paperwork.

Have a good day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 02-14-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The house was just 55 this morning, so we used that as an excuse to sleep in. Yesterday was another trip to CT, this time to move MIL back to her house. Apparently the cousin lasted less than 48 hours before realizing she had taken on more than expected. Luckily MIL is actually doing well enough to be home alone, and it was good for her to hear we all thought she could be. I think there was some fear after the ambulance trip. We got her settled in, bought some groceries, arranged her meds, and visited for awhile. hopefully she will be moving up with her sisters in early March. Today we are relaxing and enjoying a day together. DH is making me a Valentine breakfast and I'm making him pot roast for dinner. I'm also choosing a yummy, but not unhealthy dessert, probably a peanut butter pie with dark chocolate drizzle. We are doing what any sane person would do on a day this cold, planning gardens and summer trips

Now I'm off to catch-up because I never got in here yesterday. Happy weekend
Closed Thread