Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/222.8/180

Height: 5' 11"

Default Entering a new decade, leaving old weight!

Hi All,

I am 30 years old and don't want my 30s to be like most of my 20s was: marked by being overweight and at times feeling like a slave/addict to food. I am now the heaviest I've ever been (5'11" and 230ibs) and just don't want to bring the metaphorical and literal baggage into this new decade. I hope to have kids sometime this decade and don't want to pass on these habits to them!!

When I was 23 I went to WW (was 210 then) and lost 30 Ibs. I felt wonderful, but felt like it wouldn't be enough unless I could get back to my HS weight of 160s. I plateaued then got stressed and haven't been below 200 since 2010.

I rejoined WW, tried all kinds of things, but nothing has worked. I am a stress eater big time with some binging tendencies and am working hard to shift my whole lifestyle, not just food/exercise to help. I pulled out my old WW momentum materials and am back on my old plan. Weighing in Monday's, with only 2 days left in week 1 and feeling good/hopeful to see progress...trying not to peak before Monday am!

Anyway, I miss my old WW group but they have all dispersed, so am hopeful to connect more with folks here - I hate keeping my weight secret and I clearly can't do this on my own. Thanks for just being here, and I hope I can be there for you too!

N
NacieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Good luck on reaching your goal, NacieP!
It seems that a lot of people have specific WW plans that worked for them, better than others. How many times have they tweaked the WW program?!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote