Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 PM   #1  

Height: 168cm

Smile Weight Struggles

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and am hoping to stick to it this time. I live in Australia and i am 38yrs old. I have tried so many diets and fail miserably everytime. I have an 8 yr old and 3 yr old daughter who i want to do this for (and myself and husband ofcoarse). I am at my heaviest of 103kg (227lb) and i am hoping to lose 30kg. There is no real timeframe but would like to see a steady ongoing loss. I am starting the Optifast diet tomorrow and will be exercising at home on a treadmill and water rower. My hubby has put a tv in front of my treadmill so i dont get bored lol I will be doing a weekly weigh-in and figure that if i post it i=onto a forum where people will see it then i have to succeed. I dont speak to my partner as he thinks i am just being lazy. I know he loves me but recently he has been making jokes which hurt but i just go along with it.

SW: 103kg
CW: 103kg
1st GW: 95kg
2nd GW: 85kg
3rd GW: 70kg

Week 1 weigh-in: 19/2/2016:
Week 2 Weigh-in: 26/2/2016:
Week 3 Weigh-in: 4/3/2016:
Week 4 Weigh-in: 11/3/2016:

Last edited by rjburke1; 02-10-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: wanted to add weekly weigh-in
rjburke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

All I can say is best of luck to you. Honestly, if I can do it (I was a real lazy bones) then you can.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/183.2/110

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome, I will be glad to be on your journey with you. Also, probably not my place, but you might want to ask your hubby to stop making jokes and explain to him you want him to stop as it hurt yours feelings. Like if someone else was making jokes of my weight, I would likely feel bad and not even want to work out.
shymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Good luck to you! It's great you have a treadmill in your house and what a bonus having a TV right in front of it! I know it's hard with a 3 year old and if you have to have her in the room with you while you exercise you may want to schedule your exercise around those few shows that you can find mutually enjoyable. Waiting until she's sleeping can leave you behind on things you normally do during that time and then working out will become that much more difficult for you. (I have 4 kids and a nephew who spends several days a week with us and this is what I've found over the years).
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:55 PM   #5  

Height: 168cm

Thank you all for your replies :-) I have spoken to hubby and he said he loves me no matter what but knows that i am unhappy with myself and he knows that i work harder at things when i am trying to prove someone wrong. I can see he is helping. Hubby has also said that he will keep the girls entertained so i can have some time to go on the treadmill which is very helpful.
rjburke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/183.2/110

Height: 5' 2.5"

That is good, I am glad he is bring supportive and whatnot ^_^
shymouse is offline   Reply With Quote