Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333

Height: 5.11

Default I'm new to the whole online support thang...

So my name is Dan. I have been overweight my entire life. Just turned 31, and I feel like I need to do something and don't know where to start. I weighed in last April at my doctor's office at the highest weight of my life, 356. I got it down to 333.

Things have been hard. I have been using the MyFitnessPal app on and off, but can't find a way to stay dedicated to it. I try to get to the gym at least three times a week, but often find it hard to meet that goal.

Back in 2005, I was 330lbs and over two years I got down to 245. I met a girl and my bad habits came back and the weigh started to come back. That girl is now my wife.

I want to start moving the scale's number down seriously. I think doing it alone is screwing me up. I need to find a group that can help and I have never done any type of online support system. So this is new to me and a little frightening.

I want to get to 300, and from there I want to lost another 10%. When I lost the 85lbs, I did it with weight watchers, but I don't have the money for that this time around.

Looking forward to the journey.
agentd5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:40 AM   #2  

Welcome to the forum.

You have done this in the past so you know how to do it! It's your wife overweight as well? Maybe you could both support each other on embracing a diet and some exercise. There are plenty of resources here and in general in internet, so even if you don't have money to follow WW you can either 'replicate' the system by your own or choose another option. Here in the forum there is also very supportive people but to feel the pressure of the group you should commit to post everyday ir with certain frequency, reading I think is not enough. Good luck with your journey, you're not alone

Last edited by Sonrisa; 02-09-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Sonrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #3  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I agree with Sonrisa - you've done it before... IT CAN BE DONE.
My husband is 32, 5'11" and only one week ago was 327 lbs. He's been too tired from work to exercise, but just by eating healthily is down 5 lbs. as of this morning. If he can do it, you can.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote