Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread December, 2015

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #2  

Happy December!

I have a slight headache but otherwise my carb flu is OK.
I am starting to get the diet high and I'm loving it!
How is everyone else doing?

Sam would you mind re-posting your link to your latest picture on this thread? It is so inspirational.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! I can't believe it's December already! Nothing too exciting going on here today.
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Yay! December! So close to vacation and home time! Not much to report but happy to star packing a suitcase soon!

Hope you all have a great day!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have not posted since right before Thanksgiving. My life has been pretty crazy since then. DH and I are house and dog sitting for two weeks so that has been a huge change of pace for us. It's for my grandma's neighbor. He and his DH went on a cruise so we are watching their two bichons.They're really sweet. We've been here since Friday and just got finally settled in here on Sunday. The dogs had a rough first day but they're warming up to us. With us being here DH and I have had to drive over to our place taking turns caring for our animals, then walking the dogs here and somehow get our workouts in. I am so exhausted by the end of the day I have just been passing out without needing much time to get settled into bed.

Thanksgiving was nice. DH and I spent over 9 hours cooking so we were exhausted from that too. I think for the most part I did good with keeping my portions into control but I did eat a ton of carbs where I normally don't do that so my weight has fluctuated. I'm not happy about it, but I'm doing what I can. Also being in this house has been hard because these people have cabinets and cabinets full of junk food. It's hard not to sneak a little piece of something here and there, and I know that isn't helping me any either. I want to get to my goal for this year so bad but it seems like time is working against me. I'll be bummed if I don't make it but it won't be the end of my journey...I'll keep moving on.

The end of last week was such a blur that DH and I didn't make it to the gym but I forced myself to do some cardio videos at home. So far this week that's all I've done. I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things and moving my schedule around these dogs is what has been so hard. Tonight we walked them for an hour so I got a little bit of a workout in. We tried to get them to run, but they are such babies lol. I didn't feel like I got a good enough workout in with that so I did a 30 minute Turbo Fire video and just finished. It's already late here and I still haven't eaten dinner lol...I'm getting there though.

Melissa Sorry you've been sick. Hope you are feeling better. My vacation is getting closer too and I can't wait. I don't even know if we are going to go out of town but just to be away from work is good enough for me

Ubee You are rockin it girl!! So proud!! Here is the link to the photo you asked me about: https://www.instagram.com/p/-hfkt4J3JZ/
Going to need your support big time over here!!

Mae Happy December!!! Hoping this is a good month for all of us!

Going to cut it short but will try to check in again when I have a free moment.

Take care all!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #6  

Hi everyone!
Sam thanks for putting up the link. I went through my closet today and found all my cute smaller clothes. I had forgotten about them until I saw your picture. Stay away from the junk food!!! Look at your beginning picture! Junk food got you to be 300+!!! Stop now!
Hi Mae & Melissa! Glad you stopped by even if it was just for a quick "Hello".
I seem to be in my clear all the junk out of my life mood which is really a good sign. I was not eating healthy, not taking my vitamins and not exercising. I started to gain weight and got depressed at the same time. I am now back taking my vitamins and a big dose of D3. I am eating healthier, exercising and the depression is lifting. It feels good.
See you tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #7  

Ubee Thank you. I needed that. Although I haven't gone off the deep end with not eating the right foods, it could swing into that very quickly. I'm glad to hear that things are turning around for you.

I'm exhausted today. I wanted to go to the gym today even though this is usually my rest day since I want to get this weight off so bad, especially with the holidays being here. I got off work and went to my house to feed my animals. By the time I got to the house I'm sitting I shut down. My body and my mind is tired. I thought I was busy just doing my every day life stuff but having to watch two sets of animals while going to work every day and trying to eat right and fit in gym time has been hard. I've gotten all of my workouts in so far this week. I just need a day where I can relax and get a good night's sleep. I'm trying not to beat myself up over it, but I'm getting discouraged at not seeing my weight fluctuate much this week. I'll get there though, just have to be determined. I think I'm already in the right direction. Haven't gone off plan at all today. I just need to keep telling myself the little piece of candy here and there is not worth gaining weight back and possibly derailing all of my goals.

Hoping to get back in the gym tomorrow. As much as I love doing my HIIT at home, I miss picking things up and putting them back down again

Hope everyone's had a swell day. Take care
Old 12-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!
I had another good day.
Sam I had company this afternoon so I spent all morning picking things up and putting them down where they belong. Not sure why you would miss that.
This sure is a mind battle. I am trying not to beat myself up for my regain. Let's tell ourselves we are doing great. We can and will do this.
See you tomorrow.

Last edited by Ubee; 12-03-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #9  

Ubee Something about testing my limits to see how far I can go with my strength. It's something I never though I would enjoy. When I sit and really think about how much my life has changed...it's incredible. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday You are starting to sound like the old Ubee, and that makes me happy. You are right, we can do this, and we will! Just keep on truckin down the road

Yesterday was so exhausting to me so that's why I didn't get a chance to post. After work I had to go to my house and feed my animals, clean the turtle's tank and the litter boxes, then ended up going to the grocery store twice, then pick up my package from Target. I ordered some boots, DH a Doctor Who t-shirt and a new sports bra on Black Friday. Then after I left I forgot I had to stop at the ATM and had to turn all the way around and go back there. By the time I got home last night it was after 7 and I hadn't even eaten dinner. Needless to say I didn't get a workout in. I'm not upset about it, I did something that was far more important to me and that was to check on my grandmother. The house I am watching is her neighbor's house so I am right across the street. My mom has told me that she has had really bad bleeding coming from her back end and they had to take her to the doctor earlier this week. The doctor didn't want to give her a colonoscopy unless it came back that she was anemic because of her age. They called last night and she is anemic so she will be having the colonoscopy next month. I just worry that there may be something bad going on in there and maybe a month is too far away? She's supposed to be leaving next week to fly to Texas for my cousin's graduation and she said she is not missing that no way. She doesn't seem to worried, but I told her to be careful with what she is doing and what she eats until the colonoscopy so she doesn't make things worse.

I got home a little late again today. This seems to be the trend while I'm house sitting. But I did manage to get in a workout. I did another Turbo Fire video. It just made sense to stay home and do something. Hoping to actually get to the gym tomorrow since it's the weekend, and hopefully color my hair. The pastel purple I had attempted to do has now turned white is most places so it's time to do it again lol. I was trying to quick fade it so I could redo my hair. My first attempt at pastel purple came out a little darker than I wanted, and I have figured out why so hopefully I'll get it right this time

Oh....So I did something that was very hard for me to do last night. I was so excited about getting this new sports bra. Honestly I've been wearing the same 2 that I've had since I started losing weight and there was nothing holding the girls up at all. I tried it on (size L) and it fit perfectly and my tatas felt like they were being held in! I decided to snap a picture and posted it on Instagram. That took a lot of guts because as you all know, your body from a lot of weight loss is not perfect, but for some reason I felt confident even though my body isn't perfect. Here's the photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/-2fN0UJ3...sameatsclean26

DH is making dinner and I'm a sweaty mess. Time to relax for the night

Take care my friends......
Old 12-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

I'm back! My long sabbatical to finish the house projects and reclaim my yard are finished. I found myself checking in here every day starting a couple of weeks ago, but decided I wasn't going to start posting again until I was back to the "current" weight......and decided to just update things, accept that I basically haven't lost one pound this entire year, and figure out how to get myself in gear.

I've printed out my meal plans for back when I was losing weight and realize that my weight loss periods always center around doing IF or limiting my eating to 2 meals a day. And since most of my friends my age have also cut back to 2 meals a day -- even if they don't need to lose -- I've decided that I'll do that.

The other thing is that I read an article about secrets to weight loss (one of thousands I've read over the years!). One "secret" that hit home was believing in yourself that you could lose the weight. It kind of hit me like a sledge hammer because deep down inside no matter how many times I say "we can do this" I don't actually believe it. So, I'm focusing on believing in myself.

Anyway, it's good to be back. It's a lot quieter group, but so comforting to see so many good friends here. Back to the personals in a couple of days.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey everyone,

Just a quick check in. I have no motivation to do anything. All I can think about is going home. So the next two weeks will be a struggle.

On a positive side I have been openly admitting my fears, weaknesses and real feelings to some people over the past few months and I think I'm actually becoming a stronger person for it. Normally I keep most things inside, but I'm learning that sharing what I feel or why I feel weak/inferior etc. gives me more control over things. Maybe this is a break through I needed?

Hope you all have a great day!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone!
Melissa when I let go and start to accept myself as I am and face my fears I stop stuffing all my feelings inside of myself with food. You are having a very important break through!
Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in. BETSY! I thought I would never hear from you again. I went through a grieving period when you left. (No guilt trip intended. Just want to let you know how much you were missed!) How is your health? Last I heard you were having trouble getting around. We will get this weight off and we will keep it off. I am so glad you are back. Sam is going to be jumping for joy too. Do not ever leave us again! Please when you have time let us know what you have been up to. How is Toby? How is Bill?
Sam nice tata picture! Your skin really bounced back nice. Hope your grandma is OK. You are so sweet to check up on her. I know I keep saying it but you are so motivating to me. Keep on being you. You are perfect just the way you are.

As for me, food has been good. My new plan is that I eat very healthy all week and on Fridays hubby and I go out for a nice dinner. I will make a somewhat healthy choice but not completely on plan. My problem is that the chef is amazing and I want to also share dessert with my hubby. Do you think I can still lose weight if I am an angel the rest of the week? (Angel with my eating, not the rest of my life!) Betsy it is so good to hear your laugh again!

See you tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

Hello! Didn't get to check in last night, was crazy busy at work and when I got home, I had to prep for today's craft fair. Went to my WW meeting this morning and I was down 3lbs, which I'm super excited about! Craft fair was eh. I sold 5 of the 25 homemade candles I brought, but also spent some money on some beautiful handmade soaps. Usually Sunday is my rest day for workouts, but decided to take my rest today after being on my feet for 10+ hours. I'll find a DVD to do tomorrow morning

Betsy, welcome back! I have a lot of respect for people who do IF. I would be straight up hangry, and I think my coworkers would probably tie me down and force feed me

Sam, that bra is CUTE! Congrats on posting that selfie, you look great and it takes a lot of guts to pose without a shirt on, period.
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning everyone from the very soggy, very windy, very dark Northwest. I don't care if it's not December 21st yet -- winter has arrived!

Ubee -- I missed you, too. Actually missed all of you, but Ubee and I share the same warped sense of humor. Toby is now full grown, 101 pounds, and king of the house. Becky is his BFF and it only takes 3 days to clean the house after Becky has been over for a play date. And she's here quite a bit because Bill has a girlfriend and he's in the throes of elder love. It is evidently results in people acting just as dopey as teen love or any age new love. I'm happy for him, but the girlfriend and I are going to have a talk soon since her answer to every question that involves leaving Becky for a day or so is "Betsy will take care of her." On the diet front.......well, I guess I year of not gaining any weight should somehow be considered a success although I'm having trouble viewing it that way!

Sam -- I've missed you, but child you are the poster child of our group. Your confined ta-ta picture is inspirational. No sagging skin and you look great. With the weight loss slowing down this year, I've been really impressed that you've stuck with it and are so near getting into Onederland. WOW! Can't even imagine what seeing a one as the first weight number would be like. Heck, right now I can't even imagine what seeing a 2 as the first weight number would be.

MaeCrochet -- Hi back at 'ya. I'm in awe of being able to stand for 10+ hours. I did chuckle at the craft fair with selling five but buying a few things. My BIL (that would be Bill) carves decoys and he almost always buys something at the shows where he sells his decoys.

Time4Me -- I used to live across country from my family so I understand the anticipation of getting to go home for Christmas. Self reflection is something I'm finding is helping, too.

Terra -- I've seen you post on here and just wanted to say hi.

Off to the gym and then home to do the dusting of the upstairs and clean up the bathrooms and start working on the Christmas cards. Oh yeah.....need to make an appointment with the cardiologist which hopefully won't be until late January so I have some time to lose weight. Anyone else have successful weight loss before doctor appointment so we can avoid the "look?" Maybe I just need a drill sergeant to stand in front of the frig and give me the look!

Have a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #15  

BETSY I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have missed you terribly. Fi has fallen off the planet, and I worry about here. I hope she is ok and will come around soon. I'm glad you've been able to do the much needed house work and get your life in order. Sometimes we need to drop off to get ourselves back in order. It's ok that you haven't lost. What matters is you came back, you're here, and you plan to get back at it. It doesn't matter how many times you fall...I can't stress that enough! The weight loss has slowed but I knew that would happen eventually. I'm not giving up!! Thank you for your kind words about my picture. I think angles are everything though. Granted, my skin probably isn't as bad as others. Below my belly button is the worst of my sagging skin. My "chef's apron" hangs down to my thighs and has a weird overlap on my hips. I really want to get it cut off but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I couldn't even tell you if I'd ever have the money to do it. That is the one thing about weight loss that no one mentions unless you're in a group like this. If it weren't for my stomach I could probably be in a size 12 right now. But I have to buy pants that are bigger just to be able to fit my stomach in them. A lot of times now I have resulted to wear stretch pants or leggings because the fit my legs and my belly so I don't look like I'm wearing droopy drawers. I'm still happy with my progress. I wish I was doing better but I definitely can't complain.

Melissa It's normal to be in the state you are. You can't wait to get home Don't worry about those things, you need to take time to enjoy yourself. It's so hard to be so open with people. I totally get that. DH gets mad at me because I don't even like to speak up when it comes on deciding on a place to eat if we go out for dinner. I'd rather let him pick and deal with it even if I don't want it. Hope you enjoy yourself, you've worked hard for that vacation!

Ubee Haha, thanks for the compliment. Like I told Betsy, looks are deceiving. However, I really like the fact that I have a bra that doesn't show how saggy my tatas really are. They look like two deflated balloons lol...I think if you treat yourself once a week you can still lose weight. It's all about eating things that are good for your body, cut the junk, get some movement in, even if it's only a little bit to start and portion control. When I have a cheat meal portion control is what saves me. I'm not going to lie, sometimes portion control goes right out the window, and that's ok too. So long as you pick up the pieces, don't make a cheat meal into a cheat month, and you get right back on track and push yourself in your workouts come Monday.

Mae I haven't been to a craft fair in such a long time. They are fun and it's so cool to see all the stuff people have made. Sound like you got a good workout in with being on your feet, great job! Thank you for your kind words. It definitely was hard to decide to do that. I have contemplated taking a photo that really shows my excess skin but I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. Enjoy your rest day, you've earned it!

Had a great weekend. Didn't work out once and I loved it. I actually got to spend time with DH and enjoy his company. Watching these dogs and going back and forth to check on my cats has been very tiring. When I have worked out it was at home. I'm thinking that will probably be the case this week. Luckily we have just one more week until they get back then I will be back on schedule. After that I'll have 10 days until I go on vacation! I'm so excited to finally get away! I'm not stressed about work anymore. I'm getting ahead fine now and haven't had to come in and work on the weekends. Just so close, I keep telling myself that

Not much else going on. I made this cool recipe I found online, it's called eggroll in a bowl. The title is pretty self explanatory. I've brought it for lunch this week with a side of green beans and it turned out pretty well. I need to tweak the recipe though. It ended up having about 900 mg of salt per serving and it was low sodium soy sauce. Does anyone know if there is a very very low to no sodium soy sauce out there you can buy? I've heard of vegans using Bragg's liquid aminos as a substitute for soy sauce, but have never tried it.

Well I'm off. Work is done for the day and time to check on the kitty cats! Take care all!