Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #1  

Default Anyone try the "I Love This Diet" diet?

I've seen it online and of course the website has fantastic reviews, but it's hard to trust a review published on a company site. Has anyone ever tried it or known someone who has? It seems like a good deal.
MsBugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #2  

Default I Love This Diet

Hi. I have been doing the I Love This Diet plan. Starting my second week. Lost 6.4 pounds so far. I'm doing great. Seems so easy. I hate to plan on my own, so this makes it so much easier. Hope to find others on this plan so we can help each other out.
marney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I am not sure why you are paying for a list of meals to buy? Am I missing something?! I have been doing what looks like this diet successfully for years (granted I have binging issues and gain it back! My binges tend to go for months sadly) and have lost significant weight (up to 60 lbs a time). I eat a frozen breakfast (I like the Smart Ones), a bar for lunch (200 calories), a snack bar (100 calories) and a frozen dinner (SO many to choose from these days and almost all are yummy!).

If I am concerned about vits/minerals/nutrients I plug my food into FitDay or similar and it shows me how balanced things are. It is a great diet - Apparently I should have started a website years ago when I started using it!

This time I decided not to weight myself but to go on how clothes fit. Maybe that will help me KEEP it off? I think I am about 15-20 lbs since the beginning of the year based on clothes.

Really easy for those of us with limited time and limited desire to cook!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #4  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriette View Post
I am not sure why you are paying for a list of meals to buy? Am I missing something?! I have been doing what looks like this diet successfully for years (granted I have binging issues and gain it back! My binges tend to go for months sadly) and have lost significant weight (up to 60 lbs a time). I eat a frozen breakfast (I like the Smart Ones), a bar for lunch (200 calories), a snack bar (100 calories) and a frozen dinner (SO many to choose from these days and almost all are yummy!).

If I am concerned about vits/minerals/nutrients I plug my food into FitDay or similar and it shows me how balanced things are. It is a great diet - Apparently I should have started a website years ago when I started using it!

This time I decided not to weight myself but to go on how clothes fit. Maybe that will help me KEEP it off? I think I am about 15-20 lbs since the beginning of the year based on clothes.

Really easy for those of us with limited time and limited desire to cook!
Probably because sometimes a person needs a plan put in front of them. I am feeling like that right now, and that's why I'm thinking of doing Nutrisystem or I Love This Diet. Sometimes a person needs a plan to keep them accountable.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitwayoflife View Post
Probably because sometimes a person needs a plan put in front of them. I am feeling like that right now, and that's why I'm thinking of doing Nutrisystem or I Love This Diet. Sometimes a person needs a plan to keep them accountable.
Fair enough! But you could make your own plan that is simple. Nutri system makes sense to me (but my dad used to do it and the food wasn't good to me so even tho I'm sure the food has changed in the 20 years since then I'm afraid if it). There are so many frozen meals available around 300 calories and yummy low fat/calorie bars/snack options for much cheaper. That said, what works for one person doesn't work for another! I make my plan and obsessively stick to it refusing anything not on it. That's the key. Sticking to it. Pick something you can stick to. For months. After the first week it gets easier. I should know, I'm amazing at losing weight, just terrible at keeping it off!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/158.5/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBugaboo View Post
I've seen it online and of course the website has fantastic reviews, but it's hard to trust a review published on a company site. Has anyone ever tried it or known someone who has? It seems like a good deal.
Oh I finally bit the bullet and signed up. Best things I ever did! Really. Sure, you *could* do this on your own, but then why aren't you? LOL! I mean, there's a reason I've had troubles with my weight. I simply dont have the dscipline or know how to stick to my routine. It's really no different than NS or WW, just less counting and more variety.
MegJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegJJ View Post
Oh I finally bit the bullet and signed up. Best things I ever did! Really. Sure, you *could* do this on your own, but then why aren't you? LOL! I mean, there's a reason I've had troubles with my weight. I simply dont have the dscipline or know how to stick to my routine. It's really no different than NS or WW, just less counting and more variety.
Any updates?
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote