Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #1  

Red face Someone willing 2 support / I'm new here and need help.

My name is Teresa. I am new here me and my fiance have been together almost 5 years we are planning our wedding around August next year I want to lose weight. I feel terriable about myself..and I don't like feeling this way. I need some support to help me with my diet. I want to walk down that isle and feel georgious...and I want to leave for my honeymoon and feel georgious and sexy. Please help
Thanks,
Teresa
TsOnAMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #2  

Hey Teresa!! I'm getting married Sept. 2nd after 10 years!! nothing like long engagements huh! Congratulations!! The good thing is if we stay on it we have plenty of time.. How much do you want to lose? What is your plan? Now I'm older.. 45.. second trip down the isle for me.. but I'd still like to be georgeous and sexy on that honey moon.. and I don't want to get married in a fat dress!! Jeez! White makes me look like a polar bear!! You'll find lots of help here.. just jump in and post.. develop a plan..and stick to it!! I'll look forward to getting to know you!
dona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:21 PM   #3  

I can help. Eat less and exercise more. Really. That's what you have to do. That's what we *all* have to do.

There is tons of great advice here on 3FC's on how to do this. There is more at various other websites. It can be helpful to go to other people's personal weight loss pages to see accounts of how they are doing what they are doing.

Start doing whatever it is you are going to do to lose weight, and let us know how you are doing!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #4  

Thanks for replying. I am trying to get started with my diet. I joined curves and I love going there and working out. It is the diet thing that I have a hard time with. Did it get easier for yall after yall had been on it for awhile?

Teresa
Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsOnAMission
Thanks for replying. I am trying to get started with my diet. I joined curves and I love going there and working out. It is the diet thing that I have a hard time with. Did it get easier for yall after yall had been on it for awhile?

Teresa
Yes, it does get easier, really! My suggestion is to make changes that you can live with for the long term. Cut out unhealthy foods that you don't really care that much about, but leave in and use portion control on the things you really love. Everybody is different, but that really helped me to not feel deprived.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

There are many changes you can make, it all rests on your sholders to go thru with them.
If you want to really understand why and what you need to do for yourself.
Stand in front of a mirror naked turn around. Sit down on a chair. You will see all the areas of your body you want to work on and see that getting healthy will help change what you see.
Most of us never really look at ourselves when we look in a mirror. We never really see what is really there.
Then after you understand that you need to change the way you live. You can junk out al the junk in your home. Why keep it who cares if you spent the money for it. You just dont need it in the house with you.
Read labels and understand what you shouldnt be having and why you should be having it or not having it. After you eat a meal then go grocery shopping and refill your home with heathy options for snacks and better choices to cook with.

Also keep a jornal of what your eating for a while until you see and understand what your eating and how much of it you should be eating. You might be surprised that your either eating to little at certain times or to much.
Eat every three hours. Breakfast , snack, lunch, snack, dinner snack.
Most of our troubles begin because we are not eating enough at the right times.

You can eat all the right stuff you want. But if you dont move more than what your normally do in a day then you wont lose one single pound.
Alot of people I encounter at work feel that because they walk at work thats their exersise. Wrong. Thats your nomal activity and you need to do more than that to lose anything.

Be honest with yourself. We are our own worst enemy. You can not talk yourself in to something you know is wrong for you. What you need to be saying is " This is wrong for me and I should" not have this. Or I need to get up and get moving now. Other wise I wont.

Some people can benefit from one particualr plan. But then theres some of us that had to take certain ideas for many diffrent plans and if they worked for us then great. But change is good and variety is exciting. Try and do.
Your your best and worst critic, you know what you need to do its just a matter of how bad you want it.
On having lost the weight I have I can defintly , without a doubt say that its made certain areas of my marriage alot better. If that helps describe some of the many diffrent areas losing weight has changed my life for the better.

If you really want this and are willing to put in and give the effort it needs to lose the weight. You can do it.
Its going to take time and your will. As long as your willing to give it those then you can do this.

Last edited by MorticiaAddams; 10-25-2005 at 04:48 PM.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #7  

Thank all of you for writing back. It helped me alot hearing your oponions on everything. So are any of you on the low carb diet? If so had it worked well....I have a couple of friends that have done that one..and they said it worked for them. Or do yall just kind of what you want and keep it under control?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #8  

Teresa, Hi! It is such a wonderful and healthy easy way to diet. The recipies here are fantastic. Just take it day by day. You can do. It will become a way of life as it is for all of us or we would not be here.. Good Luck in your wedding plans and all the weight that is going to melt off...
principina is offline   Reply With Quote