Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #103
sf40

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hello!

Screen Name: sf40

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: Married 15 years, one dog, a couple of cats

Occupation: Currently unemployed, but making a career change and exploring various opportunities.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, traveling, bike riding with husband, spending time with family and friends, eating (oh, did I say that??).

Favorite Music: Depends on my mood.

Favorite Color(s): Various shades of blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I really don't like to exercise ... which is part of the reason why I'm here. But I do enjoy bike rides with my husband and I am beginning to enjoy weight training. I am kinda new at working out, so I hope to experiment with various exercises.

What are your fitness/health goals? To improve my general health. Also, to dump about 45 pounds. But honestly, if I can fit into a size 10 (loose), I will be happy.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Several things happened at once, or I became aware of them at once. First, I am tired of being tired all the time and having no energy. Second, I think I need to project a more "in control and energetic" image as I make my career transition. Third, my blood pressure and cholesterol went up. Fourth, I lost about 1/2" of height. These served as a warning to me that I can no longer abuse my body and expect it to look and feel good.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Carbs. Oh my, I love them. I just started a food journal a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at how much I ate. I am really having a tough time limiting carbs to 30-40%. Also, getting enough cardio ...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Most important, eating well and exercising is not selfish (I feel guilty when I work out, like I should be sending out resumes or something). Also, I need to change my state of mind to think of exercising and eating well as a gift to myself, not as punishment for bad behavior. Finally, I tend to be a workaholic, so I worry about eating well and exercising when I work crazy hours.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Former co-worker. But I will be happy to look as good (she really watches her diet, so I doubt I'll look better)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Gosh, almost anything! My clothes are so tight and everything looks awful but I don't want to spend money on new clothes right now.

I am new here. Just signed on last week and lurked for a couple of days before that. I really enjoy the support and info here and look forward to this journey with so many like-minded people!

Living primal and focusing on my health, not a number. Although I wouldn't complain about a smaller number!