Old 10-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #1  
Will work for yarn!

Default Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself...

Howdy!

I've been a member of the forums here for a while, but I haven't veen very active. I've decided that in order to kick my butt into shape I need to become active here and make friends. The more accountable I am to others, the better I'll do!

I'm Barb. I'm 32 years old, and I have about 100 pounds to lose. In 2003 I started Atkins and lost 55 pounds before I stopped and started gaining. As of yesterday morning, I've gained 25 of those pounds back. <sigh> My doctor suggested that I try South Beach last year. I did, but I couldn't stay on it very long and I've flipped flopped for the past year with my weight, gaining and losing the same 20 pounds.

That stops here.

I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 2 boys. In my spare time I like to be crafty... I like to knit, scrapbook, quilt, and make jewelry.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  

Hiya Barb, welcome aboard! I'm glad you decided to let us help you kick that butt into shape, you've come to the right place! I look forward to getting to know you too.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #3  

Hi Barb and welcome!! I'm in about the same place you are. I've been a member here for awhile but I'm just now coming back and getting myself in gear. I'm 27. A former homeschooling mom, I would love to still be doing it but I don't like the laws here. I'm still a SAHM but now I have my days to myself.

I just know we can both do it this time.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome! You've picked a great place to hang out.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome, Barb! You've definitely come to the right place for support and pals.

I've recently started card-making and scrapping after 18 months of stash stroking. That's about my limit as far as crafts go.

I see from your profile you're giving South Beach another go. Do you know what it was that led you to stop following it last time, so you can prevent the same thing from happening again? Forewarned is forearmed and all that.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Welcome to the forum Barb! Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

hello and We are the same age and have about the same amount to lose. I also have lost and regained the same 20 pounds this last year and decided it's time to get healthy.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #8  
Big Ol' loser

Hi! I am also 32 and have a 11 yr old and a 2 yr old boys.
I began this journey in Aug 2005. I also have dieted off and on losing and gaining the same 20 lbs until it turned it 30 then it was a slap in the face!!

There is great support here!

I post when I'm at work in between calls and I read all day
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #9  
Will work for yarn!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Dishy, I wish I really knew what stopped me the first 3 or 4 tries. I used to blame it on the freedom. There's a lot more freedom in the choice of foods out there than there was with Atkins. But it's not that. Once I hit maintenance, no matter what plan I follow, there's going to be more choices. I know that when I stopped doing Atkins religiously it was because I was missing certain foods in my diet. I'd cheat by going to the local mexican food places and get burritos with beans. And then I just got lazy. I will no longer be lazy about my health.

Thanks again for the welcome!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote