Old 10-25-2005, 08:50 AM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Default Indoor exercise - without equipment

Its pretty cold here in OK. I have a bike and my two feet. I normally will walk or ride a bike but its temporarily a little cold.
Any suggestions on what I can do today? I have some bands for toning but I need something cardio. This is just for today
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I enjoy the Walk Away the pounds series. If you want to just walk in place and speed up and slow down, etc. you can get your heartrate up and only need a small amount of space. (I just walk and then jog on the commercial breaks during the biggest loser for my cardio). HTH
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Walking up and down stairs gives a good, though not very exciting cardio workout.

How cool is it that you're looking for indoor alternatives, instead of dipping out of exercise altogether?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I second Dawnyal's Walk Away the Pounds suggestion. Leslie Sansone provides a GREAT alternative to outdoors exercise when you don't have equipment. You have control over the duration and your level of exertion, you can look like a complete idiot in the privacy of your own home , it's full-body exercise, it's weight-bearing cardio (great for your bones,) and you can grow with it from the 20-minute workout to the more intense 60-minute workout (not in the WATP series.) And it's not expensive! I was skeptical about it before trying it -- but it really is just so much more than just walking in place.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

If it tells you anything I dumped the 1 mile onto my computer at work and do it either 1 or 2x over my lunch break depending on time. This is just one way for me to eak out a few more calories burned in my day. I do have ulterior motives with doing this though. I have two other coworkers who are even larger than I am and I'm trying to show them that you don't have to do a whole lot to get in some exercise and one of these days they may join me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:18 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I quite like the WATP DVDs too, but didn't mention them because Liz was looking for suggestions for today. I think it's a good idea to get one or two for the next time though.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Another alternative that I think is really cool is Maya, aka Yourself Fitness. I got her for Christmas like a week after my cancer diagnosis, so I never got to do much with her (chemo takes it outta you) but the wise Dawnyal gave me a MUCH appreciated reminder that she is great for adapting to your changing fitness capabilities.

I swear, she SO rocks, that Maya!! You can do so many different kinds of workouts with her.....you can get her for PS2, X-Box, or your computer. Check her out! Here she is:

lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #8  

Quote:
How cool is it that you're looking for indoor alternatives, instead of dipping out of exercise altogether?
Exactly what I was thinking!

You could always throw on some loud music and dance your booty off. Or, if you have stairs, you could go up and down 'em several times. What ever it takes to get your body moving should suffice quite nicely. Congratulations on taking the initiative!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You can do WATP without the tape, while watching TV or listening to music. Just walk in place, do sidesteps, knee lifts, wide steps, etc. I've done that before when I got tired of listening to Leslie.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

I don't have WATP but think I will get some for the winter because its bound to be cold another day.
I think since its not windy and just a little chilly I'll go for a walk before dinner. If I don't I'll definetly try walking in place while watching t.v.
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #11  

Boiaby great minds think alike, I love dancing, I can't follow an aerobics dvd or tape to save my life (I've tried) so I stick on loud dancey music (I have some RnB set aside souly for this purpose) and dance away.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote