Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #1  

Unhappy Does Anyone Feel This Way??????

I RECENTLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR SINCE MOVING FROM
N.C. TO ARIZONA. SHE SAID I NEEDED TO LOSE 45LBS. I AM ON 2
WEIGHT CONTROL PILLS, WHICH MAKE ME SO AIRHEADED. I FEEL SO TIRED
ALL THE TIME & I CANNOT SEEM TO FOCUS ON ANYTHING, BESIDES 5 HOURS
OF SLEEP DOESN'T QUITE HELP.
I HAVE CUT DOWN SO MUCH FROM MY NORMAL "PORTION'S" IT FEELS LIKE
I'M GOING INSANE. IT HAS ONLY BEEN 4 DAYS.....
HAS ANYONE FELT THIS WAY???????
ROXIROBIN
ROXIROBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #2  

Maybe I'm not the best person to respond to you because I'm anti-diet pills...but I still have a few questions. Why are you on two diet pills? Is that safe? Did this doctor recommend that?

It seems like two diet pills wouldnt be safe...but like I stated, I really dont know since I dont have a medical degree or any experience with pills.

As far as food and portion sizes (trust me, I know because I love to eat) maybe you could gradually reduce the portion size. If you are a big fan of food, it would be incredibly difficult to go from eating whatever you want to sever restriction.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:41 AM   #3  

Default Agree with NO diet drugs!!

I totally agree with the last poster on this thread!! I think today's weight loss "drugs" are still not up to par with what is needed and that many people are wanting an easy fix. My doctor told me to go for a half hour walk every day and said nothing about food. I read a great article on Yahoo Health yesterday about the new thinking that there are at least 10 genetic variables in many people's weight gain--the drugs will not be ready and tested for another 10 years.

I would rather wait for proven findings and in the meantime up the exercise and the fruits and vegetables in the diet. When I eat out I take half home. Part of life is living and enjoying what you like--and moderation is the key.

Besides, if the drugs work and then you go off them, you will be right back to square one. Please find a new doctor--you should not be feeling so sick and who knows what is in those drugs--you don't want a repeat of the Fen-Phen situation of a few years ago!!

Vickie
Vickie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #4  
Author

Default Does anyone feel this way

I am new here, but take it from one who knows. I was on Phen Phen when it first came out. I lost like crazy, but gained it all right back.
I have tried every powder and potion, and diet pill known to man. I have learned there is no easy quick way to lose weight and keep it off.
Learning to control your portions means you can eat anything you want in moderation. Stay on a set amount of calories. Nothing gets the fat off without watching what goes into your mouth and exercising your tail off. There are no quick fix, that lasts.
Donna Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #5  
stbakd

stay away from the junk food,foodswith fat ansd sugar. drink lots of water. water fills you up and flush out your body. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #6  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

I'm curious about the multiple diet pill prescription. My GP wants me to get on Meridia and stay on it, but in addition to the cost factor, I'm not sure how safe the product really is. Especially since the Redux scare I had a few years ago. I have to agree with the others, I'm not sure how safe 1 pill is much less 2.
kaliannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:55 AM   #7  
Opulent

Diet pills are scary. Merida? Just eat less fat and more vegetables, I say
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #8  
Puggy Balboa

I was on diet pills also. The thing with the diet pills is you aren't really changing any of your habits. The pills wipe out your hunger, but true hunger wasn't why you were eating and gaining weight to begin with.

Supposedly, there is a new drug in the works that actually effects the part of the brain biochemically or some such thing. The difference between a thin person and heavy person ... one brain says "eat, eat, eat." It could be a load of crap, but that to me sounds a lot better than what I've had.
Looking4TheWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:28 PM   #9  

I would look into the possible side effects of the diet pills you are taking. Most of them seem to have a side effect that relates to elevated blood pressure. The fatigue you are describing can be a symptom of very high blood pressure. I would stop at the local pharmacy that has one of those blood pressure machines and keep a record of my readings. If it is up and stays up I would call my doctor or stop taking it. When you look at the drug literature see if insomnia is a side effect too. I don't know about you but when I am doing an insomnia thing my eating is totally out of control. You really tend to crave high carb, unhealthy foods at times like that. Also I would look into the possibility that I was anemic with my doctor. Personally I agree with the others that it is best to not be on diet drugs because the side effects are nasty and in the long run they get you no where. The only way to lose weight permently is a lifestyle change that includes healthy eating and exercise.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:56 PM   #10  

I'm not anti-diet pill. I am anti-abuse of them though. I think two isn't good. My biggest question is why two? You mean two prescriptions, right? (If no, don’t bother taking them they don’t work. They just make you feel crappy so you don’t want to eat, make yourself sick, and then give up on your diet.) Did the same doctor give you both? I don’t know any doctor who would think that was ok. I think diet pills can be good to help you get started on the right track and curb those cravings when you first start eating healthy but not as your biggest/only way to lose weight. Are you working out? Did you just cut down your proportions of crappy food or are you trying to change it to health food? Obviously your body is trying to tell you something is wrong. If you are going to the doctor maybe you should look for a new one, and if you aren’t maybe you should. You should limit how late you take your last diet pill so that you don’t disturb your sleep. You can’t burn yourself out or starve yourself; you will end up worse than you began weight and mentally.

But anyways…..yes…..I have felt like that when I overdo exercise and eating to little and when I misused diet pills. (Yes I did misuse them when I was young and first trying to lose weight.) I tried to correct it ASAP though. I also felt like I was “Barely” eating when I started eating right but looking back it was still pretty bad of a diet. Goodluck!!! Watch out and make desicions based on what is healthy for you!
Chubby Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote