Old 10-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Full Time Working Stiffs!

We are a fun group of working stiffs!! We love to chat about our crazy days and trying to stay focused on losing weight! It dosen't matter what your weight goals are, it dosen't matter if you have kids or not, it dosen't matter what diet plan you are following, and it dosen't matter if you fall off the wagon. (who dosen't ) We love to chat about surviving the parties at work, the mad dash to get home and get dinner together, staying ahead of the laundry, and trying to make healthy choices among it all! And above all we like to have fun!! Anyone is welcome to join in!!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chickies !!!!

It's another weekend, I just love sleeping in, even if it is only until 8 AM.

I think fall as arrived here in PA and I soooo don't want to turn on our furnace. It's been a crazy week, I've not been behaving food wise since Thursday night. I had my parent teacher confrence and no time to cook, things have progresively gone down hill from there. And today is not looking any better either. DH's boss is having a pinic at his house and then we will be at the kid's football game all evening! I REALLY need to work out this morning before we start running, then I can at least say I've kept up with something.

Well I'm going to run, I'll check back tomorrow!!! Hope the new thread picks up some new smiling people!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #3  

Hello

I work 12 hour days so I have a hard time eating at regular times. I work in a hospital and all the time someone is bringing in some kind of "junk" food. I try to stay at my desk so I won't be tempted but sometimes the chocolate is just calling my name.
crd43123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #4  

Hi Christina,
Yea I know about that. I work in a small office and it's always a birthday, holiday, or excuse to have not so good food floating around! And the longer you're day is at work the worse it gets! I'm at work usually about 9 & 1/2 hours every day. You should see the lunches I pack trying to keep myself out of there ideas of party food! Welcome aboard, check in with us when you can.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  
kpe
Paige

Thanks for starting the new thread Lori! I think this is what we need to get a jump start again. I know I have been really bad posting lately.

I have been struggling lately and it has had me in the dumps. I have gained 6lbs in the last 2 weeks. And the worst part of it is I have been staying on plan. It is all water weight!!!! My fingers and feet have been so swollen and I can even see it in my face. I started taking a water pill and I have been drinking extra water so it is getting better. I got on the scale this morning and I have already lost 5lbs of the water weight so hopefully by Thursday I will have lost all the water and maybe an extra pound or two. I need that to keep me motivated.

On the upside I am so excited that I was able to buy several pair of pants 4 sizes smaller then when I started!!! It's weird because although my body is changing my eyes aren't. When I look at clothes I think oh this looks like it will fit me and I try it on and it's too big!!!! I'm still seeing myself the size I was and not the size that I am.

Welcome Christina!

I'll check back in later!
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:30 AM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone,

Lori, I think starting the new thread was a good idea. Good luck at the picnic and football games. Eventhough they aren't conducive to good eating, I bet you'll have a good time. That's what's truly important.

Christina, welcome to our little group. 12 hour days sounds horrible. I used to do that and was a workaholic, but after we moved, in my interview from my current job I told them that work was second, my personal life was first. They hired me anyway and so I work 8 hour days - usually. Once in a while I have something I just have to finish and I do. Don't you just hate it when chocolate calls your name. I can hear my kitchen calling me as I type.

Paige, 4 dress sizes. Way to Go!!! That's just amazing. You are doing so great. Careful with those water weight pills. Just keep chugging the water and it'll go away.

I've been okay eating wise, not good and not bad. Just maintaining basically. What I have been doing is walking. I've been walking everyday whether I have someone to go with me or not. It's strange - I'm actually enjoying it. Today I'm not sure if DH and I are going to go hiking with the dogs (hunting season is finally over so the dogs can run on the mountain again) or whether I will take them for a walk around the block (it's a steep 1.7 mile block). That's what I've been walking daily. Anyway, I haven't decided.

I started a drawing class (beginners) on Wednesday night. I'm not very talented, but I'm hoping to get past the horrible talent to bad talent. I'm not setting my expetations too high. Either way, it's something new and just time for me.

I think I'm going to work on my knitting today and see if I can finish the white sweater. I have the second sleeve half done (it's been hanging on the machine for a couple weeks). Then All I need to make is the front facings and the hood. I already bought more yarn so I need to get on with it.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend. I'll be back later to check in.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #7  

WOW Paige!!!! I didn't realize your loss was so big! I am so excited for you, talk about motivation!!!! You are going to force me to snap back on track and get a real grip on my eating again.

Marie, that drawing class sounds like fun! Honestly drawing is not as hard as you may think. With a good teacher you can learn to draw almost anything. We had a good art teacher at our high school and I did some amazing stuff with her help and gudiance. If your walking again then I'm going to assume your asthma is doing better. Which is good!

The games ended as usal tonight, youngest son's team lost and oldest team won. We will have play offs next weekend but it will be at home and won't be too bad only one game to sit through and freeze our cans off! Yea I ate some bad pinic food and pizza at the game. I've got to get a grip and stop eating like this on the weekends. I'll have this pooch belly forever if I don't try and take a stand!

Ok I'm going to bed, be back later!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:34 AM   #8  
Hanging in Texas

Mind if I join in this group? I posted in the obstacles group already. My obstacle is working grave yard shift. Along with that, mandatory overtime which is 4 hours added on to our regular 8 hour shift. I try to walk at the track in the morning but its hard when you're tired. Great to meet everyone!

Pam
pamintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:30 AM   #9  

Welcome Pam glad to have you join along!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Pam, great to have you here. I can't even imagine working that shift. How yucky. I sure couldn't do it. My DH works swings and I coudn't do that either.

Yes, Lori, the asthma is better. Not perfect, but better. I didn't walk yesterday - I slept a chunk of the day away. It was a rainy day and it just seemed like the right thing to do. I do plan to walk today. Sorry about the youngest son's lose. That's not any fun.

I'm making turkey for dinner tonight. I bought it last year and it's been in the freezer ever since. So I thought I should use it before Thanksgiving this year. I just love trukey. I plan to watch football today and then I don't know what else. I love lazy weekends.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 10-17-2005, 06:20 AM   #11  

Good Morning Chickies

Another work week begins, man the weekends are just way too short! I spent all day yesterday shopping, mainly for groceries, not fun! And my favorite, when I'm putting the ton of crap away that I bought I realize what I have forgotten.

Well I'm going to try very hard to behave food wise this week and weekend, that's the plan. I got up early this morning, but just can't bring myself to work out in the AM. So I'll be slammed again toninght with a ton of stuff that needs done and a work out to squeeze in too. Shoot me now! Oldest DS's football team has an extra practice tonight because their play off game is this Sat. and the weather is looking like it is going to be a crappy rainy day for the play offs. We will have to wait and see if the forecast changes by the end of the week.

Ok, I've yacked enough I'm going to get a shower and drag my butt to work. Be back later!!!! Marie, glad the asthma is doing better!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:02 AM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Yes, here were are at work again. Where does the weekend go???

Lori, I can't get up an exercise either. A nice, cozy warm bed vs. sweating and huffing and puffing. The choice seems pretty simple to me. Sleep.

I have a slow day at work today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Probably work on the new webpage and/or work on learning MySQL. sounds delightful. What I'd really like to do is go back home and crawl back into that cozy, warm bed. I'm already yawning.

We did go for a hike yesterday. That was nice even though I was being lazy and didn't want to go. I did and it was good. I made a turkey for dinner so eating wasn't too bad.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 10-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #13  
kpe
Paige

I guess everyone has been as busy as I have been!!! Hopefully everyone will find their way back.

Kerry- How are things going??? You haven't posted since we started the new thread.

Welcome Pam- We are always glad to have someone join us!

I just don't have much time by the time I run the kids to dance, swimming, and karate. We don't get home until 7 or 8 and then they have to eat, do homework and get ready for bed. By the time they are in bed at 8:30, I'm exhausted!!!!!!! Things are going ok. I can't believe what a haircut can do. I got my hairstyle changed a few weeks ago, and wow all of a sudden everyone is noticing that I've lost almost 50lbs. I was out in front of the school yesterday morning helping the kids get out of their cars and I bet I had close to a dozen parents tell me how good I looked, or asked what I did because I looked different. I have one dad that tells me almost everyday, "My eyes see what your doin....and it looks good!" If I'd known all it took was a haircut I would have done along time ago!!!! It's nice that people are noticing! It helps to keep me motivated. Tomorrow is WI so hopefully it will be better then the last 2 weeks. I'll try to do better and check in tomorrow.
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Congratulations on all of the compliments, Paige. You truly deserve them. I love getting a new haircut. Certainly make one feel good.

I'm at work and trying not to work. Unfortunately other people seem to want me to do stuff. The phone rings, emails and here I am trying hard not to be here.

Drawing class went good yesterday. It was a little better than the first week where I determined I have no talent. We drew hands yesterday. During the week, my homework is to draw a grid picture and I chose one of my dogs. That should be fun.

Well, I have to go to staples and return the mouse I bought yesterday. It doesn't work. bummer.

Talk to you all later.
Marie
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #15  

Hey gang, fast check in from me tonight!
Our weather in PA is getting cold, the furnace starting running last night, it dipped into the 30's.

Paige, compliments are great! 50 lbs, you go!!!! I love hair cuts too, but I keep going shorter and shorter, it spikes in the back now. I have to get a grip or I'll be at a crew cut soon! I know about crazy with the kids! One more week of football if we win this Sat. Yea!!!! No more muddy, smelly uniforms. Basketball is next and it isn't near as demanding. I can't wait to go to bed tonight, I couldn't sleep for some reason last night and I wanted to die when the alarm went off this morning!

Marie, I'm glad the drawing class is better. You will find in time it will get alot more fun too. I'ld love to hide at work too, but the new phone system gives the customers the option to paige me if I don't answer. If you've ever been paiged when you sat down to pee you can understand how annoying this feature really is. I didn't answer the phone because I'm not at my desk!!! Hello!!!

Ok I'm going to run to get dinner and the chores done so I can work out and hopefully get to see CSI tonight!
Check in again soon!!!!