Old 10-19-2005, 06:52 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink "Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Make it happen!!

Okay, everyone, as is becoming the tradition, I start a new thread when I personally start a new challenge. Also, some people may have trouble downloading a long thread, so I like to start new ones.

Below is a short explanation of how this challenge works so all you newcomers can take a look and decide if you're game or not! I hope you are! Hop aboard and enjoy the ride. We've got a great bunch of supportive people, so I hope you'll give us a try. A lot of people try for a while and then disappear.. I hope some of you will keep trying. There is NO shame in starting over. Remember, it's not over till you give up. And our motto around here is:

NEVER GIVE UP!!...Just start OVER!!

EXPLANATION:

It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime. You get ONE "pause day" for your first challenge and one more for each perfect round of 21 days you complete up to a maximum of three days.

With a pause day you pause in your counting and continue the next day with the number you left off with. Pause days are NOT substitutes for days, i.e. Day 12 -- Day 13 -- Pause Day -- Day 14..... I suggest taking a pause day late in the game (better to go back to Day 1 early on) if you need a break or screw up when you're well into the challenge, meaning, when you're on Day 15 or something like that.

In any case, the trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to START you go. And the really great thing about this challenge is that you are forming new habits that will wipe out the old! AND, you get to do it with a great bunch of really supportive people to whom you are accountable! And, YES, we are watching YOU!!

Ready to join us!!?!?! You BET!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-20-2005 at 12:56 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face starting up tomorrow.....

Okay, all, this is it!! Gray shamed me into it!! I started the new thread and am starting my challenge tomorrow morning. Wanted to get under way with the thread. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing but I have a good idea. It'll be the same as last time with some additions.

Hope to see you all here real soon! No excuses now!!

Later ALL!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 AM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Smile day 15

After much talking to myself.. umm the devil on my left shoulder said >>> its 6:30 go back to bed..u have 2 hrs before u have to be at work..and its too chilly the blanket feels tooo good!

the angel on my right shoulder said>>>> better go get moving ..get that metabolism going.. cant lose weight if ya dont get out there..

sooooooooooo i did walked 2 miles.. what a beautiful sunrise!

Friends for fitness: You arent doing that gazelle w/o shoes are u? i got on bare foot the 1st time and its much easier with good supportive shoes..

and dont beat yourself up.. shoot when i started this i couldnt walk a 1/2 mile ..and now i can do 3 like a breeze.. you just have to add a few feet or minutes each day and push yourself a little bit more..

I am doing the same thing with the gazelle ive worked up to 10 min and each day will add a bit more time..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  

Red face Thank you so much Curly!

I feel much better after hearing you are doing ten minutes a day that's all I could take today, so now I feel better knowing it's normal I guess. Oh and just so you know I'm not doing it without shoes either. I have very weak ankles, always have. I am almost flat footed they lay so close to the ground.
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

hey all just checking me - got sick again trying to start too fast but will be back on this soon - I am going to vacation to my mom's house in a week and half and just going to get back too working out some. I think I am going to start a mini goal while there and just take a walk everyday and not eat any of the junk food she has over flowing all over the house. Once I get back I get back on my old 21-Day Challenge, since I was 2/3 there last time..
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #6  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning all! Yesterday was day 1 (again ), but i made it through with 1245 calories total.

On another thread I am doing a week-long challenge of no booze (I figured 7 days would be easier than 21 ) so that should help keep my calories down as well.

I am so proud of you, Curly, for getting up early each morning to walk! Just to show how little of a morning person I am - our neighbor knocks on our door every morning around 6:45-7:00 and takes our puppy for a 45 minute walk. I stumble to the door, hand her the leash, and then crawl back into bed until the puppy comes back home. Could I get up and go with her, and even take our older dog? Sure, but I crave that last little bit of sleep so much!

Friends - just keep building up your time on the Gazelle. before you know it, you will be on there an hour!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Hurray For The New Thread!

The other one was getting to big to follow easily, perhaps it's time to split into a couple of sub-groups? (just slap me if I'm interfering in tradition)

OK, I've completed Day #8 WITHOUT MY COACH!!!! (carla). I did 13 mins. of wts./cardio-rebounder....and my *reward* seems to be this annoying muscle spasm in my left lat....I can't cough or breathe deeply and I keep hoping it will work itself out as I have much to do at work! I need a thermacare wrap!

Yes, Red Balloon, I'm starting to build a bit of momentum and adding on 1-2 mins. every day will surely pay off
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Ok ladies line up and give me a swift kick in the @ss!!!
Yesterday was my son's birthday and I thought I stayed in my points. I logged them in today then noticed the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate 60% Cocoa .375 oz wrapper. I ate that 1st thing in the morning and forgot about it!!! I'm OVER my points!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO MAD at myself!!! Here I was all proud that I sayed in my points even after having some birthday brownie. (my son didn't want a cake so he wanted brownies) I made them into cupcakes so I know just how much I could eat!!! I blew it and I just started.... kick away !!!!!
I'll be back after I stop stomping on these keys and can type correctly!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #9  

Talking Thanks Fish!

That's what I am going to try to do, should I add a minute a day? What do you all think?

Mez- Just had to say I love the pic! so cute!

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #10  
Cynical RedHead

Mez - Oh no! So is that a pause? or are you back at day one with the rest of us? That is how i felt tuesday morning, when I input my dinner from monday night and realized that what I *thought* the calories were was about 100 calories less than they really were and I was at 1535. Over my limit by 35 calories, and back to day 1. Cheer up we will all eventually make it through!

Friends - I would say either add a minute a day, or, add one minute, stay there for 2-3 days, then add another minute. Whatever your body can handle. You certainly do not want to overdo it, because then you won't feel good. Good luck!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #11  

My I join in this challenge?
crd43123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

crd43123 - Yes please do!! Your going to love it here the support is great! Welcome to the 21 day challenge!!

FishWoman - I'm not going to count this as a pause day because it just to early in my challenge to do that! I'm not going to give up and got right back on today! Rolling up my sleeves!! You know if you think about it there really isn't any way you lose by not making your 21 days. You still have the days you worked hard and one should be proud of that and try again. ( that is what I'm telling myself right now)

friendsforfitness - That sounds good and doable. I know I had to add a few minutes each time I jumpped on my machine. It was to hard for me to say I'd do X amount of minutes. The picture is my grandson. He's just turned 9 months. (today) I need to update his pic. Thanks very much he's my pride and joy!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ain't it amazing what a new thread can do. You all sound much more motivated and on the go.

When I started on the cardio machines, I only did five minutes on each and worked my way up with both time and levels. Still haven't got to the max. So go for it, an extra minute a day will be fine.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good day. I ate my apples today and wrote down everything that I ate. At a staff meeting I hate about 4 butterscotch candies, but other than that I ate healthy foods. I am going to keep this up!! Finally, I have no diets mountain dews in the house or diet cokes so I am drinkings A LOT of water. I am craving Diet Moutain Dew terribly, but I figure it will pass in a couple of days. I stopped smoking about 5 years ago when I first found out I was pregnant with my son so I figure it I can give up smoking, I can give up drinking so many diet drinks. Many studies have recently shown that drinking diet drinks can actually make people hugrier and crave more sugar so that's why I am trying to kick the habit.

I haven't set a calorie limit for myself yet, but I may do that on my next challenge...right now I am just trying to establish healthy routines.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #15  

My goal for this challenge is not to eat more than 1500 calories per day. I usually start out great in the day but by the end I have gone way over. So I want to eat better and not splurge in my numbers.
crd43123 is offline   Reply With Quote