Old 10-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #1  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Exclamation Emerging theme???

Hey folks. As someone else noted, there is a definite theme emerging over the past few days. Some of us are REALLY STRUGGLING to stay motivated, make healthy choices, etc. I propose that we forgive ourselves, forget the sins of the past __(insert time frame)__ and pledge to move on.

Personally, I am giving myself this week to ...mmm pull up my socks, screw my head on straight etc. I have a business trip and then a visit at my moms until Sunday. Certainly enough to put me into a tail spin.

Soooo I pledge to myself to figure out a strategy over the next few days and post it on Sunday Night to implement Monday morning. Not sure where the best place is? Journal? I have been fortunate enough to recieve some really great support and ideas through this group. I am going to digest all that I've heard and learned and emerge stronger on Monday.

Who's with me?
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 AM   #2  
Obsessive Poster

For all intents and purposes, I'm back on my diet. The only problem is that I'm still having the horrible sugar cravings that I always feel on the first few days of this diet. There is a lovely bag of chocolate calling to me, and I'm planning on sleeping on the couch because I won't be strong enough to face it until at least tomorrow.

I probably won't have a plan by Sunday night, but I will be back on track by then.
WinterWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I'm noticing the theme, for sure.

I've had a really tough time the last week or so too

Not too sure what it is... it feels almost the same as when I hit onederland a few weeks back..this strange feeling of being afraid to fail....and also afraid to succeed.

189 lbs. is the lowest I had been in YEARS, since I was probably 16-18 ish (like I said..it'll be my 10th wedding anniversary next summer and my wedding dress is a little too big for me right now)
I'm 188 right now and this is more than I've ever lost...further than I've ever gone before, and I feel.....really frightened.
I'm also very proud of course, but it's just so strange..
VIRGIN FAT TERRITORY

I think the weather could be a factor also..like someone else said.

I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point...but I'm sure the encouragement from you guys will help

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

VIRGIN FAT TERRITORY

I agree...a scarey thought. I like the comfort, the rut, the familiar. Anything else is disconcerting. And, as much as I want to be normal, not skinny, normal, I'm scared to be as well. I guess it's part of the emotions that my fat is wrapped up in. Hmm, I'm with you all on the theme. I can't seem to "get it together" and some days am eating with abandon. I know what I NEED to do, it just isn't what I ACTUALLY do. I wish the wagon would slow down so that I can jump back on....
Please list your strategies that you implement. They will help generate some ideas with others/me and help us all together, afterall, we are in this together, so we can help each other, together.
Lynne
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #5  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

I bet some of the folks here who have successfully lost weight and have crossed into some of those "scary" areas where we maybe haven't been for a long while may have some insight. If they don't speak up here you may want to start a thread Linda so they can hear you and offer support. Good luck!
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #6  

I am glad to hear others are having the same experience. I have found myself really craving sweets which has not happened in about three months. I have no Halloween candy around so that is not the problem. I figured it was stress from school and work. I had the test from **** yesterday in A and P and I walked out afterward and got a candy bar. I didn't just crave it I felt like I HAD to have it. My blood sugar wasn't low but I was just feeling totally overwhelmed. I got way behind on everything when I hurt my back and am trying to get things under control again. My workouts have been few and far between because I have been using my morning hours to do other things before I go to work. Today I will be going to the gym so that will help a lot. Who knows maybe we are all having a change of eating habits due to the change of seasons or we are just all really stressed because the fall has brought new changes into our lives.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:33 AM   #7  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Yea, there does certainly seem to be a theme here. It's okay. I think the fact that we recognize the problem is a really good thing. At least we're aware of the problems and we can fix them! We just need to reevaluate why we want to lose weight and work toward it again!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:51 AM   #8  
One pound at a time...

Yes Sherri, you are right, there is an definate theme this week. I know I have been on a couple of threads where everyone has said they are struggling. It is good in way, because as Sarah has said, you recognize the struggle and instead of giving up, you fight your way through it.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  
Big Ol' loser

RAISING MY HAND!
I am the worst about it. I have been struggling for at least 3 weeks. I gained .4 lbs because of TOM. My home scale shows this has come off even after a bingeing weekend of fried chicken, fried okra and beer. So I am being VERY good. Actually it has helped that there is NOTHING absolutely nothing in the house to 'cheat' with. I could over indulge but no harm no foul if you eat two apples. Anyway I'm hoping with dh piggy backing it'll be easier. I've been walking and stuff.

Normally I would've quit by now but I made a promise to myself that I can't quit for 6 months. I figure by then I'll be so motivated I will want to make it one year. Heck you'd think this would be habit by now - you know that say it takes 30 days to develop a habit- not with eating it doesn't!!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #10  

I think a lot of it is the time of year, at least for me. I could almost have that seasonal disorder LOL. I don't feel depressed this time of year, but with the weather getting colder & the days shorter, I just feel sluggish or something. But there are no excuses. I can work around that.

As far as emotions & weight go, I can say that I really want to be thin and I'm not afraid to be thin. I feel like the same person no matter what and I really like myself as a person; I just want to be at a healthy weight so I can enjoy my life longer. What is really going to be interesting is dealing with my family as I'm losing weight.

I have kinda a messed up family dynamic with my parents. As sad as it is, I still don't feel totally comfortable around them & I doubt that I ever will. To add to that, I feel they are partially responsible for my weight problem. They were cruel & insensitive about my weight since I was in first grade, and yet they set up the lifestyle of overeating & no exercise since they were too busy to properly parent me. Yeah, there's no resentment there *sigh*. At any rate, the stress of being around them & their commentary will send me into a tailspin if I'm not careful. And one of them is coming to visit in two weeks.
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Linda, congrats on entering VF territory, first of all. I have a ways to go, still I do think about what emotional resistance I might have to getting down there (and even to losing my next 10 lbs).

I'm working on it, and came up with the following: I tell myself that I don't HAVE to do anything that I wouldn't have done at my larger rate, and that I can make changes in my life at any speed I feel comfortable with.

Takingbabysteps, family visits can cause me so much stress Ahhhh! Hang in there and picture them in their underwear when they start to talk.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I struggled this weekend and did horrible. So much so that I'm not weighing in until next week. I just don't want to face the scale this week. I don't know that I'm scared of being thin. I do worry about being able to maintain. Right now it is so goal oriented. Got to lose, got to lose, what does the scale say this week. Then when it comes to maintaining I'm afraid that the motivation won't be there. You won't be looking for a loss each week. Maybe it will be fine I don't know. It has been hard this week. I probably did it to myself too. I had calories and had a cheeseburger Friday night. Old habit and it seemed to kick the weekend off on the wrong foot. Then we had our treat day with friends that we let go over into Sunday and had scones and pizza. Why does it have to be so good.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Luckily it's not my week to be in y'alls boat but I've been there more times than I care to count and just wanted to let you know to just keep your chins up. This will pass and you'll get back on track.

Howie--I too struggle with my weekends and it does seem that Friday meal just kicks off a binge-fest. This last weekend is the first one I didn't allow myself that liberty. You'll get back in the groove of things. (Remember to try and plan your meals for the weekend. )
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Yes I know it's all about the planing. I am back on track and this weekend I will not have any treat. I need to go awhile without straying from plan. So since I had too treat days this past weekend I will not have any this coming weekend.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote