Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Help Pump Me Up!

Hey everyone,

I am having some major issues with everthing the past few weeks. I'm completely losing focus. I mean, yes, I HAVE joined the gym and it is taking a little bit of time to get going with that because I am finally getting my strength training program today but in the mean time I should still be doing Taebo or going to the gym for cardio. But NOOOO! Eating has been all haywire the past week with moving to my mom's and before then too. BLAH! So, I don't know if I need encouragement or some buddies to hold me accountable or what. Someone help! Thank gals and guys!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #2  

Hey, I'll be your buddy. I'm within 1 pound of your weight and 1 inch of your height...I'm just 7 years older!

Last week was last week. Mistakes were made, and can't be unmade. This week is THIS week, and you've got the whole thing stretched gloriously before you, ready for you to make good decisions that support your goals. Next choice you make, make it one toward those goals, and you're on your way!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #3  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

I hear you. I made a similar post (dfferent issues but same theme) yesterday. Good advice Mousie. Sandi suggested to me that I make one small change today. So that is my task for today. Find a small change that I can sustain. Good luck
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #4  

I'll be your buddy, too. I'm right there weight wise, and I had the same problem when I joined the gym. It took my 2 weeks to go, but then I just started going every day, and now it's not so hard...as a matter of fact, I usually look forward to it.

Mousie is right. Just move forward, don't dwell on your mistakes, that won't do you any good at all.
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #5  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys! I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything. I know what I need to do to reach my goals. I just don't know why I keep letting things slide. Like, I haven't been completely terrible just not on my A game. I'm kind of just maintaining but I don't want to maintain SO close to 300 pounds...lol So, I figure if I make myself more accountable and have some people I have to answer too MAYBE just maybe I'll stay more on track.
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:02 PM   #6  

Hi Sarah, good for you for coming here rather than letting your focus slowly slip away. Keeping this new lifestyle up is definitely a major issue. Once the honeymoon phase is over and you get into the nitty-gritty of livin this way day in and day out, well... it can get down right boring!! Accountability to both yourself and others should make a world of difference, as long as you're still willing to put in the work it's gonna take to sustain this lifestyle forever. It's not easy, and you're gonna want to quit, but as long as you never give up on yourself, you absolutely cannot fail! Good luck Sarah, we're all behind you 100%.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #7  
One pound at a time...

I agree, I think we all hit that slump once in a while. For me it has been for about a month, where I have not been following the plan the way I should. The best thing that you are doing now is that you are aware of the issue. Beverly is correct, once you get over the honeymoon stage, I know for me, my brain is rebelling a bit about the lifestyle changes . Just keep at it and you will be back on track in no time.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote