Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #1  

Unhappy Fallen off again!

Well, here I go again. We just celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday (Canadian) and had a lot of food! It is almost midnight next day and I am still eating! I have absolutley no self control and am so worried that the 34 pounds that I have lost since June is going to creep back up on me.

Any advise on how to stop eating and get back on track? I lose willpower after trying to lose weight for a few months. This happens all of the time! How do I stay on track?

john_and_peters_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi! guess what.....I did it too.Couldn't resist all the great food!Oh well tomorrow is another day,just because we slip up once in awhile does not mean we give up!!!So, whats your poison??I mean are you on a diet?Exercise?Both?I am doing slim in 6 from My beachbody.com,1600 cals a day,and I'm on day one!!Lets keep in touch and relay our progress!
WJMc
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:56 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just get back on the wagon and pretend it never happened. Write it off and start the next day with a clean slate. If you were bored before, look at doing some new and exciting exercise or look at eating different but healthy foods.

Everyone slips up now and again, for success you can't obssess about it or let it knock you off track, just start again!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:24 AM   #4  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi John amd Peters mom,

I can relate to you so much. The only difference is I've been so off plan now for about a month. I have about 3 to 5 pounds put back on and I DO NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT.

I have to get back to doing what I did before. Exercise, drink my water, and record my points when I eat. As a matter of fact, I am going to go for a walk right now.

I'll see you all when I get back.

Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_and_peters_mom
Well, here I go again. We just celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday (Canadian) and had a lot of food! It is almost midnight next day and I am still eating! I have absolutley no self control and am so worried that the 34 pounds that I have lost since June is going to creep back up on me.

Any advise on how to stop eating and get back on track? I lose willpower after trying to lose weight for a few months. This happens all of the time! How do I stay on track?
It's Thanksgiving! Even as strict as I was last year while losing weight I definitely didn't watch what I ate AT ALL on my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas day.

This is just my own experience - everyone is different, so you have to figure out what works for you.

1. I never overly restricted - I kept my calories up so that my body never felt like it was starving and my body binged to make up for dramatic calorie loss. Not one binge in over 15 months!!

2. I cut out all sugar for about 8 months (except for the three days mentioned above). I didn't realize I was a sugar addict until I went cold turkey on the stuff. I still ate tons of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth, but I quit eating sugary cereal, packaged baked goods - any of the foods that in the past I had never been able to eat 1. This included foods like Snackwell's cookies, since even one cookie made me want to eat the box.

I have been able to slowly add back in some treats after reaching my maintenance weight - but I don't really crave them anymore. It's kind of a miracle.

3. Keep the house a junk free zone.

To me, the most important thing to do would be to throw out all the bad food currently in your house (if you can), plan a healthy menu for the week (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner) go to the grocery store and stock up on foods you want to eat.

Do not react to an overeating episode by restricting - just go back to a healthy plan of good foods and eat a healthy number of calories for the day (for me that number is never go below 1600 - but that is just my number based on my age, weight, gender, height and activity level).

It's not like a test you can only take one time pass/fail - just keep going.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone!

I woke up this morning and told myself a lot of the things that you have offered. I have to think Positive and just "dust" myself off and start again.

I wish I could make the house a "junk free' zone. My kids would "divorce" me. They have comprimised for me but there are few things that I have to have.

This site has been a great help. It's nice to know that I am not alone and when I am feeling down I just need to log on and I know that I can get great support from great people.
john_and_peters_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #7  
stbakd

another thing you can try is eat less for a day or two before a holiday so your food levels will come out even. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_and_peters_mom
I wish I could make the house a "junk free' zone. My kids would "divorce" me. They have comprimised for me but there are few things that I have to have.
Pick stuff they like you don't. I'm not wild about Sun Chips or Fritos and would never seek them out. John and I have a deal where he only brings Sun Chips into the house - I have no problems staying out of the Sun Chips but woul be very tempted by a can of Salt & Vinegar Pringles.

In retrospect, I wish my parents had had less junk in the house, more healthy treats. I had to train myself to like healthy foods and it made it that much harder to lose weight.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #9  

Default Hello Again!!

Hello Girls! Thought I went MIA didn't you?Not a chance!I'm in it for the long haul this time!All is well ,only ate a few chips today not a whole bag as usual!! I am having a hard time trying to find the time to workout,with work,school,being a full time single mom,and trying to deal with my ex I find myself frazzeled Oh well,such is life!!Hope you are all well!Talk again tomorrow!!

Ciao,Wendy
Old 10-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #10  

Talking

Hey ya, so I was thinking that maybe I'm the only one left on this thread so I'll write to myself.I LOST 5LBS in 5 days!!Can anybody beat that without starving themselves????? Anyone up for a weight loss challange?? Lets make our dreams come true!!Any takers?? Until tomorrow!.........
Wendy
Old 10-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #11  

Question

P.S.
Where is : john and peters mom ????