Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 09:38 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default It's FRiday

Wow, I start classes on Monday and I have been given a huge work schedule next week, I'll be going nuts I am sure, but that's okay. I'll finally have internet access from my apartment.

My brother is moving to Denver today which he is really looking forward to, since he'll be going to UC denver. He's a smart guy and he's following his dream whcih is really cool. We're just currently waiting for his student visa to come in by purolator.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone is doing well, it seems to be very quiet here today. I can't wait to start classes though it will be a new challenge definately. I have the sniffles though right now thanks to the ragweed which seems to be all over my parent's neighbourhood.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 08-24-2001, 10:40 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello...

Hi Ali! Your post made me wish I was going back to school! I loved having new classes and books and profs and challenges. I think I need to take a course, even a just for fun course to stimulate my mind again! Let me know how it goes! You lucky girl...

Anyway, how are things with the rest of you? I have been lurking here and there, but so busy at work, I have had no time to write anything. I have a minute today, but not a long one!

Things are good WW wise - except I haven't had much time to work out, which is bad. My leg injury is healed now, its been three weeks, and I am ready to start jogging again, not just walking. So I think I"ll start this weekend.

This week should be fun, afte rhte weekend I am dog-sitting for the week, then going camping for the long weekend with b/f and my dogs - its the dogs first camping trip! 2 dogs and 2 humans in a 2 person tent, should be fun.

Well, I better get going and do some work, my sister and niece are meeting me for lunch - YAY! My first lunch of the week....its sad, I know.

Have a good OP day girls!
Belle
Old 08-24-2001, 10:40 AM   #3  

Good Morning! Gosh it is certainly quiet around here the past couple of days. Where is everyone?? Things are pretty quiet with me in any case...not too much new at all. I've been starting to look for a job... ick! Actually I shouldn't say that... I think it'll be nice to work and have something productive to do aside from class stuff.

Ali... What does your brother want to study at UC Denver? Or was the dream just to study in Colorado? Colorado is a beautiful state, although I haven't really gotten the chance to spend too much time there.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday
Old 08-24-2001, 10:42 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Ali: Thank you for starting us up today. I think the end of summer people have been very busy. Don't run yourself too crazy with work and school...but hope you love the start of your new classes.

I have been doing well. Did great yesterday at dinner to be healthy and low in points!!!!

Ok, I have a meeting but just wanted to pop in anc say hi

Trish
Old 08-24-2001, 10:43 AM   #5  

Hi Belle We were posting at the same time... Camping with your dogs sounds like fun! I can't imagine going with mine, he'd be a handful...
Old 08-24-2001, 10:48 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Hi Shay - Yeah, I think my guys will be a handful as well - they aren't the most outdoorsey dogs in the world, and they are both spoiled, so we shall see! Its close enough to home that if they don't do well, we can take them home the next day. B/f is really looking forward to it....

You WANT to work?? No!! Studying is way better, WAY better....

Trish - glad your anniversary dinner went well. Igot my anniversary gifts from b/f - a beautiful silver bracelet and a fondue set (the one I wanted!!) I was so excited. wE are having a fondue tomorrow for our romantic dinner, but rollerblading in the day so we can burn some calories - it'll be a BIG point day tomorrow.

Kay, really gotta go.

B
Old 08-24-2001, 11:33 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Yipee!! FRIDAY!

Yeah! It's friday and I don't want to do ANY work!!!
I can't wait for labor day weekend!!
I'm slowly getting my desk cleaned off. I actually have one!
Trish: what did you have for anniv dinner? yummy!
to everyone else:
HI! and I hope to be back later!
Old 08-24-2001, 12:20 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hello everyone.
My supervisors are off today so I can get in a bit of chat. Things have been going well WW wise but other ways not so good. The BF and I are not having a very good time. It's taking him a really long time to get the work done at his mom's house and we can't move in together until it's done and now my car has gone and broken down so I won't be able to move out for a couple of months. and I'm working two jobs for a couple of weeks so we never see each other and when we do it's at his mom's house with her there AAAARGHHHHHH!

Anyway, I'm sure things will be fine but sometimes you just need to vent. I have my entrance exam for BC Ambulance Service Saturday morning - Keep your fingers crosses for me!! It's my dream job but they're only taking a few people and testing like a hundred. I think I'm way too stressed. My second job has me walking for 6 hours a night - the bonus is - you can't get a better excuse for a treat.

Trish - I never told you but after seeing your title (Diet DR Pepper) I went out and bought a case and now I always have some in my fridge - IT"S GREAT.

Belle - I'm going camping in September but no dogs - they'd sure be a good way to keep warm. I watched the superdogs perform last night - are your dogs superdogs? (one was from calgary and did a whole dance routine

Ali - hope you enjoy your classes this year

To everyone else - WoW this was long but hopefully entertaining - have a great friday!!
KT
Old 08-24-2001, 12:43 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!

KT ~ Good luck Sat., I will be thinking of you!!!! Try not to stress too much, things with BF will work out just fine!

Stacey ~ I feel the same way about work! I decided to take off this afternoon and play hooky with DH (which he NEVER does!)

Belle ~ Your camping trip sounds like fun. I love being in the outdoors.

Trish ~ WAY TO GO on the points! Keep up the good work!

Shay ~ Good luck finding a job, I know what you mean about something different than school. Now I am to the point that I would like to go back to school just to have a break from work!!

Ali ~ You are doing a fab job with maintenence! I am sure your brother will love living in Colorado. It is a beautiful state. He better by a shovel though, their winters can get really nasty!

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I are going out for lunch, and then to his chiropractic appt, and then bummin' a bit. I have been doing awesome as far as points this week, and working out every night faithfully. I feel so in control again, its good to be back!!

I have come to the complete realization that I will need to journal and count points (and exercise) for the rest of my life for me to maintain my desired weight. I watched a really good obesity show on Discovery channel last night. 51% of Americans are overweight and more and more children are overweight. It also showed that most Americans eat fast food 6 days a week, that is terrible!!!

I am happy that we don't eat out much and I cook well balanced, lower fat meals for my family. It would be very hard to see my children become fat at a young age.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. It was a good show to watch, just re-emphasizes how important it is to maintain a good weight, and fitness level.

Well, better get my desk cleaned off! Have a great weekend everyone! See ya Monday!!
Old 08-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default I'm so drained

Emotionally, that is. I'm working on a story about the year anniversay since the mass shooting we had in a gay bar that killed one person. I've been interviewing the survivors, and every interview is very emotional. I had one last night, one earlier this week, and then sandwiched in between an interview with another murder victim's family. I just want to sleep!

Some good news ... the doctor got the pathology results back from my procedure and it definitely showed mild dysplasia with no extentions anywhere. So that's a relief. I go in two weeks for a checkup. What really sucks in that I have my period this week and I have to use pads instead of tampons and I HATE IT!

Belle: B/f and I have gone camping with our two dogs in a 3 person tent. They each weigh about 50-60 lbs. and take up a lot of room! It was interesting. We're taking them to the beach in October, but renting a house. Still, I'm sure they'll be covered with sand constantly!

Trish: Happy anniversary from yesterday!

KT: Good luck with the exam!

Well, I better get back to work. Maybe I can get out of here early and get home to b/f, who's off today. Maybe I can get him to buy me dinner. Tomorrow we might go to a blues festival at a winery. We tried to go last month and it rained on us.

See ya! Hi to everyone!
Old 08-24-2001, 06:57 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hi girls!

Hope everone is doing reat today! I for one. totally am! Lots of anniversaries going on in here-yesterday was our four year anniversary too It was a great day. We finally picked out our wedding bands yesterday and put a down payment on them-very exciting! I ate way too much yesterda-I was 15 points over my max! Brutal I know but I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm doing so awesome today-so far I've only used seven points and it already 5pm! I had the best sleep last night. I think I'm finally rested again. In fact I have lots of energy today. I am going to do lots of exercise after supper. Then later I'm going out with a good friend of mine who is moving away next week. Should be a good night.

Kim, so sorry to hear about you being drained. Remember not to take on other people's grief. Yep its sad but its not yours to mourn. That's the only way I can ever talk with people about tragic things like that. Otherwise I take it all on and get really sad and drained. Hope you feel better soon. Good news from your doc I agree though-pads totally suck!!! Eww...

Tonya, those are some scary stats!! Wake up call I'd say. Glad to hear you and your hubby are having a great day together.

KT, good luk with your exam. Be confident and you'll do awesome!

Belle, you're making my mouth water with your talk of fondue! Are doing a cheese one or a chocolate one or a hot oil/meat one? The cheese ones are my favorite especially with apples. I love cheese! My Dad used to call me Cheese Monster when I was little-that's probably how I ended up the size I am. (Sigh)

Ali, we have the ragweed problem here too. Its horrible for allergy people (like me) Makes it really hard to want to go outside-yet who wants to stay inside when winter is coming sooner than we want! LOL

You know what I miss about not being in school anymore? New school supplies! I love opening a new notebook and writing on its fresh crisp pages with a new pencil. I know I'm weird but that's ok-I'm used to it

Anyway, everyone that's taking off for the weekend have a great one! I'll stop in here tomorrow afternoon sometime so if anyone else is around and wants to gab you won't be alone. Talk to everyone later -take care

Rina
Closed Thread