Old 10-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default I exercised today (Oct. 10-16)

We didn't have one started last week and I'm a day late this week. Don't forget anyone can start the weekly threads.

I was in a bit of a funk over the weekend but I did get in my 6 days of exercise I was aiming for last week.

Yesterday I did just over two miles on my bike. It's a gravel road and has several hills so I'm using it at HIIT cardio (High Intensity Interval Training).

I was up way too late last night and was up late last night and didn't get in my exercise this morning. Planning on 1 hour of walking during the biggest loser.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #2  
Obsessive Poster

Thank you for starting this! Next time, I'll start the thread if it doesn't go up. I just wasn't sure if there were rules to how this went.

Sunday: 30 minutes of jogging.
Monday: None

I haven't exercised yet, but I will get on the treadmill (with my new sneakers!) as soon as I finish posting.
WinterWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #3  
Obsessive Poster

Thumbs down Ouch!

I guess my new sneakers weren't as great a thing to motivate me as I thought. I got in my 30 minutes of speed walking, but my sock slipped down, and I now have a nasty blister on the back of my ankle. I guess I'll need to put a bandaid over it.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #4  

Ouch. You sound as accident-prone as me when I was starting to get in exercise again.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #5  
Obsessive Poster

Apparently, I'm determined to knock myself up each and every time I move. I tried a little weight training earlier, and I dropped the dumbbell on my foot. I'm glad I was wearing my new sneakers for that.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, I hope it's OK if I jump in here.

Thursday will be two weeks I've been going to the gym 6 days a week! I'm so happy! I'm determined not to let myself have an excuse to miss a day.

So, for this week:

Monday: 45 min (bike, treadmill), 45 min weights
Tuesday: 45 min (bike, elliptical)
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #7  

Welcome Amy. That is great. I know I've been feeling loads better now that I make exercise more of my routine and the norm rather than doing it on occassion.

I walked almost the entire hour of Biggest Loser last night, even jogging during the commercial breaks.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #8  
Obsessive Poster

Oh jeez. I'm great at typos. I meant that I was knocking myself around. I think it's pretty unlikely that I could ever do what I actually typed. Anyway, I haven't done ANY exercise yet today. I did get some weight training in yesterday. I'll head up to work out as soon as I get some food.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #9  

Winterwonder, that's too funny. I didn't even think about it, and when I read the last message I was laughing so that my son came to see what was going on.

I'm very determined to make a habit out of exercising, and since I have been, I've felt a lot better.

Today I did the bicycle for 20 minutes, and the treadmill for 20. Then it was off to the weights for 45 minutes. I was very tired when I came home.
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #10  
Obsessive Poster

Good for you Amy! I just got off the treadmill and came downstairs to post how good I feel (before I forget) so that I can look at this tomorrow and once again manage to get myself up and jogging. I did thirty minutes on the treadmill today, and I'm planning on doing 30 minutes of weight training this evening. If it ever stops raining, I'll take my dog for a walk. If it doesn't, that'll be all the exercise that I get in.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #11  

I really wish I had a treadmill. I may have to put it at the top of my "wish" list. Jeff was just saying last night that I really could use one since I was just walking/jogging in place while watching TV.

My plan for exercise tonight is to bike the 2 miles beside with house. I'll go with my stepson if he's finished his homework. I'm going to try and make it with only stopping 2-3x on the trip instead of the 4-5 times
Old 10-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #12  
Obsessive Poster

Dawnyal, treadmills are fabulous. It's cold and wet, so I can't really do much walking outside. Thanks to the treadmill, I get all of my exercise in. On an unrelated note, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're very beautiful.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  

I did not get to my 2 mile ride last night like planned. I had to listen to an almost 3 year old cry for the 30 minute drive home and I was drained from the drive (she didn't sleep much the night before and everything set her off.) Myself and the little kids went to bed just after 7 and I feel much better this morning although again I didn't exercise. I will walk/jog during survivor and then do yoga after I get the kids in bed tonight though.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

I've kept up with my daily exercise this week. It ain't much -- still only about 10-15 minutes on the Gazelle. But I have done it consistently, every morning. And even a few evenings as well. The nasty scales don't show it. They took a jump last week, and have stayed there. Ah well, I'm not worrying about those numbers - I'm just going to keep going with the exercise.
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #15  
Obsessive Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff0518
It ain't much -- still only about 10-15 minutes on the Gazelle.
Good for you, Darla! Every little bit helps.

I don't have much to report. I did my 30 minutes of jogging despite my horrible, crippling cramps. I'm about as proud of myself as a girl can be right now.