Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Default wrinkles after weight loss

Sorry, I posted this on another forum, but now I think this might be the forum to ask these questions.

I think I have seen this subject mentioned a few times, but I can't remember the products that people were using.

It is great to be losing weight, but when you get past a certain age your weight loss is sometimes accompanied by MORE WRINKLES on your face and some loose skin under your chin.

Has anyone found any products to help with the increased wrinkles on the face or the skin under the chin? I have the feeling that the skin under the chin can't be helped by products or exercising but I thought I would ask anyway.

I onetime saw a soft exercise ball that you held under your chin, but I have no idea if that type of thing works and I have not seen it lately anyway.

Just in the last 6 months 3 deep wrinkles have appeared across my forehead. I never had them before so I will probably grow my bangs a bit longer now.

Any input on forehead wrinkles or chin skin would be appreciated. Also what do you use around your eyes.

Has anyone used those handheld electrical machines that are supposed to exercise & then tighten the facial muscles and thus soften wrinkles? Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-02-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

About 2 weeks after I started using Olay Reginerist Daily Reginerating Serum twice a day, I could tell a really noticeable difference in my face. I don't know how well it will work in just tackling wrinkles, but it certainly gave my face a younger appearance.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

I don't have a wrinkle problem (YET...I'm almost 43 so I expect to see them soon...) at this point, I'm mostly concerned with sun damage, skin redness, and dark circles under my eyes.

I really like the Eucerin products (my plastic surgeon recommended them) I use their Extra Protective SPF 30 moisturizer and their Redness Relief products. They make some anti-wrinkle products but I've not tried them.

I personally know at least two people who do/have done Botox injections for deep forehead wrinkles and are happy with the results, if you want to go that route.

Here's an interesting page on wrinkles - including OTC products, facial exercises (hint: don't bother - could make things worse!), and surgical options including Botox

Paula Begoun's article "Battle Plan for Wrinkles" can be found here. (note that she highly recommends Retin-A!)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #4  

Paula is the High Priestess of skin care and makeup -- I trust her implicitly!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #5  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs up Thanks :Good ideas & links!

Thanks AlmostHeaven & MrsJim & Funniegirl:

I have heard good things about the Olay Regenerist Serum and also the Eucerin Redness Relief products that you mentioned. I do have a touch of Rosacea. I also know others who use the Eucerin Extra Protective SPF 30 for sensitive skin as a sunscreen and really like it.

Thanks for the informative links MrsJim.

At this point I am not brave enough to try the Botox.
Maybe I would be braver if my forehead were not so close to my EYES.
The thought of putting Botox so close to my eyes really scares me. The one thing you don't want to lose is your eyesight.

I know that thousands do Botox and they think it is safe, but I worry they might find things out down the road like they did with Vioxx. I am also not sure if I could get used to the "look" of having a forehead that does not move. But who knows somewhere down the road I might be willing to try it if I get unhappy enough with the deep forehead wrinkles in the future.

I knew I would get good ideas from 3FC and I am sure others will add ideas as well. Thanks, Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-03-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:11 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88
Thanks AlmostHeaven & MrsJim & Funniegirl:

At this point I am not brave enough to try the Botox.
Maybe I would be braver if my forehead were not so close to my EYES.
The thought of putting Botox so close to my eyes really scares me. The one thing you don't want to lose is your eyesight.
That makes two of us actually! It's that NEEDLE that scares the poo out of me... which is why I'm not in any hurry to get Lasik eye surgery. I'm a total wimp!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I actually would love to get the Lasik, but they won't guarantee me any success while pregnant or breastfeeding, so bought another pair of glasses. But from talking with them and someone I knew who got it, it's not like a needle and shouldn't be painful.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8

Pookie88-

Just browsing and came across this- I work for an Ophthalmologist who does Botox, and just wanted to say that getting Botox will not affect your vision in any way. There are many other risks, but vision is not one of them. I know that a lot of people are all about Botox, but it is a very expensive and TEMPORARY solution, lasting only a few months. I personally think money is much better spent on other things- things that will last. Wrinkles are unavoidable, and are what make us beautiful as we get older
Closed Thread