Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Incredibly easy Fish Parmesan

This recipe is famous on another SBD Board I visit. Best with a firm, thin, white fish fillet, such as tilapia or cod.

2-4 fish fillets
2 egg whites
2 T milk
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated fine
salt and pepper to taste
1 T parlsey flakes or fresh parsley

Beat together the egg whites and milk. Mix together all other ingredients except fish on a plate. Dip the fish fillets in the egg white, and then coat well in the Parmesan mixture. Let sit at least 5 minutes to set. Meanwhile, coat a nonstick skillet in olive oil or a mix of OO and Canola oil to hot but not sizzling (med to med-high). Cook the fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily. Enjoy!

This is SO good and you can add whatever you want to the Parmesan to adjust to your taste. It seems breaded and tastes fantastic.

Jessie
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #2  

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds great. I think I will try it tommorrow night.
crd43123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I made this last night and it was incredibly delicious. In my freezer is a box of talapia, each individually sealed. I cooked 3 for the 2 of us becuase they looked so small. One would've been enough but I could've eaten several.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #4  

I made this the other night with tilapia, and it was excellent. My husband loved it too, which is a great thing! I was worried that the cheese would just melt off when I placed it in the pan, but it made a nice "breading" for the fish, and tasted great.
amelie77 is offline   Reply With Quote