View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 05:48 AM   #62
Valarie250
IR:0, Valarie:1

Smile

I am new here, so here is a little about me...

DATE: 11 Oct 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Valarie250/Valarie

BIRTHDAY: 27 Oct 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Married 1 year, 6 months

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ryan

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Judo! I was an international competitor when I was 16-19, had to take a break when I hurt my knee. When I stopped working out constantly I gained like crazy… turns out I have PCOS! It was really hard to gain so quickly. I went from an athlete on my way to the Olympics to having high cholesterol, BP, resting HR of 89... That's not me! Judo is still my love, and I'm losing so I can start competing in the -171lbs division again.

PETS: Two dogs, Maximus (3yrs), and Otis (8mos)

TOP WEIGHT: 255

CURRENT WEIGHT: 249

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'4”

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Atlanta, GA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I produce almost 4X more insulin than I should, even taking Metformin. No matter how hard I work, fat stays! It has taken me all year to lose 6lbs.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am going to have RNY gastric bypass. I have read several studies that show people with insulin disorders often level out shortly after surgery. Pain is worth it if I make less insulin! After that, I have to just keep doing what I have been! I eat a lot less than I burn- I work out at Curves 3x/wk, lift weights with a trainer 3x/wk, play judo 2x/wk, and go to dance class 1x/wk... I don't lack for workouts! Hopefully after surgery I'll be working out again in under a month... I hate sitting aorund!

Valarie250 is offline   Reply With Quote