Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #1  

Default Such an embarrasing lifting question

So everytime -- and I mean EVERYtime I lift weights -- which is 3 times a week BFL for Women style, I need to have a pretty serious BM right in the middle of it. . I do my weights first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach or with maybe a banana or apple or a little NF cottage cheese. Is this normal? Is this the unspoken secret of lifting? I remember, while pregnant, wondering why no one had ever told me how much round ligament pain hurts. Is this that thing no one tells you about weight lifting?
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

IMO, I think it's because you are working out first thing in the morning and the movements are just pushing things down faster....This is a very good thing doncha know?! ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #3  

I work out after work and I sometimes experience the same thing. I think it's a pretty common occurence -- along with flatulence. In fact, fart jokes seem to be v-e-r-y popular with weight lifters, not for no reason I think. heh heh
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #4  
Mel

Hmmm, I alway that it was due to the stupendous number of egg whites and truckloads of broccoli that I eat

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Haven't had that problem while lifting, but when I was running regularly I found it kept me very, um, regular.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #6  

Whew!!! So this is normal. I'm not ? I am glad to hear it happens to others. Thanks for your candid replies.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

I think it's really common, especially with squats. The same thing happens to me with yoga and running as well. It's a good side benefit of exercise for those of us with slow metabolisms
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote