Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I've joined!

Well, I followed through and joined the gym yesterday. My first session with my trainer is on Thursday. I have one peeve though... The lady who was enrolling me did a quick virtual fitness model thing and said I should only look to lose 75 pounds. WTF is up with that? I'd still be over 200 pounds! I don't agree with her and I hope that when I do the official virtual fitness planner on Thursday my trainer tells me that it is a good idea to try to be 145-150. I mean, I am a medium frame and that is the median weight for me to be at for my frame size... So, now I am all in a panic that I am going to HAVE to be around 200 forever. I could cry...

Here's hoping that I can really make it to 145 (150)!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry!! You don't HAVE to be 200! you can work until you get down to a size or number that works for you (as long as it is a healthy weight!) I'm not so sure 150 would be a healthy weight for someone your height, though......
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #3  
Obsessive Poster

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that being a healthy weight, Jeanette. It's right in the "normal" range for her height. I'm aiming for the same goal, and I'm a couple inches taller. That also puts me in the "normal" range, because I have a small frame.

Sarah, is it possible that the program is giving you a weigh over 200 because it's scaled? Will the numbers continue to drop as you lose weight? Maybe when you get closer to 200, the numbers will drop down around 145?
WinterWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for following through on it. . It could be that that is where you would be expected to be at at the end of that program. (maybe a set amount of time) and then you would start the program again or something similar to get even lower.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #5  

First congrats on joining the gym, great decision!!!
I say take it a day at a time.....you have a way to go, look at smaller goals. Besides that way you get to celebrate victory more often....lol
For your age and height I see nothing wrong with 145/150.....

Last edited by Star; 10-11-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #6  

Congrats on joining! I never did any other formal programs then WW but I have a feeling that the first person is trying to set an obtainable & realistic goal. Its not like you can't lose more weight and get closer to your ideal weight, but more that losing 150 pounds can sound like soooooo much that its easy to get frustrated & quit. It looks like from your signature that you are setting short term goals- that is great- we need to celebrate all the small steps along the way instead of beating ourselves up over not being a 'perfect weight'. I think it is a good idea to have a general goal for a weight range you would like to be but until we get closer to goal we really don't know what its going to look like. If you are very muscular, you are going to be much healthier at the same weight then if your not. The number on the scales isn't the only thing that determines our size & health- we have to set other non-scale measurements too. Let us know how it goes with the trainer~
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #7  

Good for you Sarah! Who cares what that chick says, you go ahead and get to whatever weight you are comfortable with, and don't worry about what anyone else says. Dawnyal may be right, perhaps that would be the target weight for this particular program, and then you would re-assess after that. BTW, 150 lbs. sounds perfect for your height, that was my original goal too. I hope you enjoy your gym experience!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #8  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I agree. So long as you are a healthy 150, then I see nothing wrong with shooting for that goal. I am a few inches taller than you, Sarah and my goal is 15lbs over yours. It may change (lower) as I go along, but I like my figure with a *little* extra meat on it (key word*little*). And so does my DF. Right now I have a lot, too much. I hope I can get the confidence to join a gym too and I would love to get a personal trainer. Good luck! And have fun!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #9  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

I agree that she simply wants you to not give up when it takes a while to get to your goal. Don't let anyone else's goals be yours. I let myself give too much weight to a statement by a nutritionist and gave up on my goals (though I have to admit, I was at twice the attainment she said I could make it to!). Now, I'm back and I KNOW what my goal IS. I know my body, and the better goal is what it is going to take to get back my health. THAT is my goal. Don't give up on yours!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote