Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 09:42 AM   #1  
Proud Mama

Default The Day Before Friday

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA, struggling (again) with sticking to program and I tend to lurk when that happens. Too embarassed to post I guess.

So, weigh-in this morning and I faced the music. Up 2 1/2 pounds from last week. Practically right back where I started. I'm starting off today in a better frame of mind and at least I didn't blow it at breakfast!

Lori, when is your wedding again? You sound so excited! I didn't have a chance to look at your dresses but I'll look after I post this.

Kirsty, you party-girl you. Thanks so much for the description of how you got to revisit the day's food in the night... At least that should keep my appetite at bay for the rest of the day! LOL

Tonya, I'm so glad your DS is feeling better now. It's so scary to see our kids sick, isn't it? You have such an active "outdoorsy" lifestyle. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Trish, I can guarantee that your ankles have disappeared due to water retention and not fat! It is scary when they disappear like that, but they'll come back I promise! Try to drink extra water throughout the day, and when you are sitting at your desk see if you can't find a box or something to prop your feet up with. Keep them slightly elevated and it should help with the swelling. I shudder at the memories! Lucky for me that didn't happen until about 2 weeks before my EDD, one week later I quit working.. I couldn't stand trying to fit my feet in shoes anymore! lol

Jen, good job at the gym and with your new exercise program! Hey, I think jogging 1/4 of a mile is fab... especially since I can only go about 10 feet.

Kim, I'm glad the proceedure is over and that you weren't too uncomfortable with it. Have faith that the test results will be fine (just like the rest of the girls here) and try not to worry unnecessarily! I know you didn't go to weigh-in, but are you back on track now?

Rina, hope you are feeling more rested today!

Well, my DH is thinking about going for a different job which means we would be moving AGAIN. Really, the place we would move to would be far better for us in the long-run (cost of living is much less and we'd be making roughly the same salaries), but the thought of packing, finding a new job, finding a new place to live, selling our house, etc, etc., etc. has me in quite the tizzy. Trying to take my own advice and not worry unnecessarily, but it's against my very nature!

Better go. I'm off today and I need to accomplish something instead of sitting in front of this computer all day! Tomorrow we are off on a mini-vacation... just two nights away, but it should be fun. I'm packing FOOD! Easier to stay OP, and easier than taking an 18 month old to restaurants... though we'll probably go out for dinner.

TTYL,
Old 08-23-2001, 10:18 AM   #2  

Good Morning I'm not quite awake yet but I thought I'd post anyways! Seems like a pretty quiet morning here. I just drove back home last night from my brother's place in NY and it's so nice to be at home for at least a little while. I've had a hard time with food when I'm away from home.

Janet... a mini vacation sounds great! Ugh moving... I totally understand your hesitation! It's such a pain. I hope everything goes smoothly tho.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:28 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. I am feeling so energized from all the exercise I am getting. I won't be able to go to the gym today because I have a lunch meeting, but I did walk Sadie this morning. I don't know what is being served at the meeting, but I guess I will just have to suck it in and do my best!!!

I also realized that i won't get to go to the gym Saturday after WI because I will be mom to 3 kids instead of 1. The plan (hubby made it)... Visit the cheese factory because they like to watch the cheese being mde and so does hubby (fresh cheese curds are a weakness for me!!). Then Mc D's for hamburgers and play land. YIKES, but it should be fun! I will have them all day. Hubby says he can't handle all 3 while I am at WI, so I have to take Emma. Hope she doesn't Yack this time!

Janet... where do you think you will be moving to??? I agree that moving is a pain, but sometimes it can be exciting, especially if you really want to go!

Shalyne... I struggle with food while I am gone also. No matter what, I can't make the best choices. I do try tho! Are you still doing WW, or on your own now? I can't remember! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!! I like the smell, but a huge fan of drinking it unless it is flavored with yummy creams (irish, hazelnut, french vanilla).

OK, back to work. Hope my lunch is nummmmy... I have to sit through a presentation too... and it is at the nicer country club! Although the restaurant has changed owners and I haven't eaten there since they did (the original chef catered my wedding and it was fabulous, then he quit because of heart problems and opened/bought the restaurant/pub in our office building, quit again because of health... I am so sad because he was the best chef in town (in my opinion!)
Old 08-23-2001, 10:53 AM   #4  

Jen... who needs the gym when you're watching 3 kids?! Actually I've never been to WW yet tho I've thought about going... am seriously thinking about starting soon tho.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:20 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default One more day!

Ugh! Work is so crazy! I am so ready for the weekend!
We're having our friends kids spend the night with us on Friday and then we're all going to go get a doggie. hopefully!
The kids are 4 and 9. It should be interesting!
Boss is back. hopefully i'll be back later!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:35 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello girls. Well, I did really well on points yesterday! Yah me. today is my annaversary but I think I will be ok on points even with dinner out. However, I can not eat too low in the day as that makes me really low energy.

Lori: Your BM dresses are so wonderful. I really love them!

Janet: Move back to IL...oh, and have fun on your vacation!

Ok, I have been doing this post forever. Hello to eveyone else. I am in the middle of a work thing and forgot I was writing this. I will talk with you all soon.

Trish
Old 08-23-2001, 12:18 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TRISH!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 12:53 PM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default I'm back (again)!

Hi Guys! Just got back from Rhodes this morning at 7 after 12 hours on the road and only 2 hours' sleep ... knackered but v tanned and had a wonderful time. We swam in the Aegean, with the fishes (new experience for me after icky cold, dirty English sea), saw lots of the island and ate a lot. And I mean a LOT. And it was all yummy!!! Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts yet, but I did want to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Trish And check in and say 'wotcha ' to the rest of you. Now I'm going to slump in front of our new Buffy/Angel videos and try not to think about how tired I am. See y'all later!!!

hugs
Lxxx
Old 08-23-2001, 01:53 PM   #9  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Welcome back Lolly. Sounds like you had a great vacation!Wow, did you drive? If you did, you going to Greece takes the same amount of time as me going to South Carolina. That is so amazing to me.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. 4 years, wow time flys.

Trish
Closed Thread