Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Feeling Fit & Flirty on Coreboard 30!

here are some new pages. enjoy!

Last edited by ontarget; 10-04-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Whew! What a relief that you started this and came up with a title -- all I could think of was "Getting Down and Dirty on Core Board #30!" Probably inappropriate but my rhyming skills are down for maintenance right now, as is my patience, appetite and sleep.

I could have had a major case of road rage on the way to work this morning if I had allowed myself. The car in front of me was going soooo slow, but there were cars in lanes on either side and so I couldn't go around them. Plus, they were driving with their left tires pretty much on the line, and a few times I just knew there was going to be an accident. I fumed all the way here. Grrrr ... bad drivers are probably my biggest pet peeve.

I went to bed at 9:15 but woke up several times during the night. Judd is still sick and so he wasn't sleeping very well. I'm a light sleeper and so every movement wakes me up. I guess it's something to do with being a mommy? I had left a note on the front door for Shaun, and this morning the note was gone but so was his car. I guess he either had to be at work early or didn't come home and one of the girls removed the note. We'll see. Scale was the same this morning in spite of not having dinner, but I understand fluctuations. I'm not putting any merit into those numbers until next Monday morning, at which time I'd better be down a bit of I'll throw a mini-tantrum.

My menu is all planned today and I'm happy about that. Melissa and Sandra, I completely understand what you mean about being able to better stick with a plan if the DH is doing it too. That's what usually gets me off track -- when Judd says "let's go eat ..." Now he has decided to drink Slimfast at breakfast and lunch, and have a sensible dinner. Which means all the unsensible food in the freezer that I ordinarily cook for him, like smoked sausage and burritos, etc. will stay frozen for a while. Maybe I could talk him into WW pasta and shrimp; baked potatoes with FF cheese; things that I'll be making for myself. Last night he had fish, broccoli and white rice cooked in beef broth (I didn't have any brown rice) and pronounced it healthy and tasty.

Terry, she is SO cute and getting SO big! I love that smile!! My company is gone, thank goodness. I think they were as ready to go as we were to have them gone, but I know they appreciated the help very much.

Melissa, I'm making the crab salad tomorrow night to have for lunch on Thursday. Actually, my big DD liked it too so whatever I make will probably not last long. Sandra, I'll send you some but it might be kinda icky when it arrives. You'll smell it before you see it.

Vickie, you sound like me with the Christmas shopping. I started the week after Christmas and have already bought my mom's, MIL's, all nieces and nephews, a few things for my kids, and a few more things but I haven't decided who they go to yet. No way can I wait until the last minute, especially when I shop the after Christmas sales for things that keep, like gloves and scarves and fleece throws, etc.

Shaun just called from work and said he got there at 6:00 this morning so that clears up one mystery.

I'd better get busy now. Angela, I hope the sleeping went okay last night. I don't envy the position you're in but let me tell you it doesn't get any better when they're older. One of my DDs works until midnight and the other until 11:00. I don't usually sleep well until I know they're home ... but they can sleep until noon and I have to get up at 5:30! Not fair!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #3  

Yikes, I wrote a whole book there!

So guess what? You guys will be proud of me. I have decided that as long as I'm eating Core, I'm not going to put anything in FitDay. Who cares how many calories it is? I'm not an overeater anyway so it doesn't matter. I still write it in my journal because I need to know what I was eating to track gain/loss patterns, but I'm so used to journaling that it's no big deal.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! I put the crib back in the playroom, but kept the toys in there as well. That way, we can have fun, but sleep too! The night went much better. I think little dd is just too light a sleeper to share a room with her sisters right now.

Kathy, I remember my mom bemoaning the lack of sleep when we were teenagers/young adults. I remember her saying, "Why must you guys always have a crisis in the middle of the night???"

I also slept better. I made myself quit my computer game an hour before bedtime, so I had time to relax and turn off my brain. I folded laundry and watched mindless TV...it worked like a charm!

Well, little dd is feeling neglected, judging by her hanging on my arm and crying, so I guess I'd better go be a mommy.

Later!
Angela
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls! Feeling punky today and not much like being online. Still battling the UTI. Have a postseason baseball game to watch at 3:30 and I'm looking forward to that. I'm not going to exercise. I'm going to finish my coffee and then go shower. Jim went to get some things from the store. Hope you are all having a great Core day.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #6  
Melissa

I can't stay but I'm just checking in on you guys for a "pick-me-up" while at work.

Sandra, thanks for coming up with that cute title. All I could think of was flirty or dirty but couldn't think of a good way to incorporate those.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well both Dirty and Flirty works for me??? what a combo that would be!

Kathy - I too hate people that can't drive - get off the road!...and do people know what signals are made for? I'm glad you were able to control your road rage, but sorry about your restless night.

Terry - your darling is adorable and so sweet - love that smile - I bet you are really enjoying her!

Sandra - Thanks for the clean pages - how r u and Curtis doing today?

We did go out for about a 1 hr walk - stroll really - not very fast - I love walking in the dark and being able to look into people houses (was I a peeping Tom in a previous life?). Just like seeing the decor and wall colors, etc. There are some really nice big beautiful houses deeper into our neighbourhood and we love looking at the landscaping and details. My hips were a bit sore as we headed back tho and this morning my back didn't feel great, but feels fine now.

Took kids to synagogue w/me - wanted to leave at 9:45 - didn't leave til 10:45 but the miracle was we did find parking a block away (the later you arrive, the less chance of finding a good spot). Left around 1 pm and took kids out for lunch (I was starving). Had a greek salad, but did snitch a few handfuls of these great fries from ds's plate. Now having diet pepsi at home to get rid of some sugar cravings!

Dinner guests expected around 6 pm - but what I did last night was as soon as I cleared the dining room table after dinner I reset it again! What a great idea that was! So fresh placemats/napkins, china, wineglasses and silverware are ready to go. Dh picked up some of the additional groceries and cleaned up kitchen/family room to make them presentable (which reminds me I better check powder room to make sure it's okay too!). I am really looking forward to dinner with my very best girlfriend - we can certainly chat up a storm when we're together (and she is a also a Core girl which really helps!).

About 1 more hour of relaxation before I have to start preparing stuff!

Later,

Frouf
Old 10-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

kathy, curtis has road rage--a lot! i think some of the worst drivers in the nation are here in montana. (curtis is probably one of them.) i used to feel like we were in a war zone every time we got in the vehicle. he is better now but he's been known to give the "texas salute." i hope you can get judd to eat that sensible meal. sounds like he and i are a lot alike. we like our junk food.

vickie, i'm not exercising today either. i hope you get to feeling better. go, white sox!!

i was weak again today when we went to practice. i am getting worried about this lack of energy. i'm hoping that not treading will help. also, i called the podiatrist and told his nurse how my foot's hurting. i don't know if he'll want me to come in or not. i'm ready for surgery if that will stop this pain. guess i'm hurting on both ends--heart and foot. oh, well, it's a great life.

melissa, i like to come here for pick-me-ups, too. this is a grand spot, isn't it?

angela, are you still getting goodies from your garden?

frouf, enjoy your company this evening. (i like looking in windows, too. always have. it's fun to see how people decorate, isn't it?)
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #9  

You guys would love walking past my house. I don't have a single curtain on the entire main floor, and I have a lot of windows!

Yes, we're still getting produce from the garden. We planted a 2nd planting of cooler weather crops (beets, lettuce, beans, spinach etc) so now we're enjoying all that again. Plus, the tomatoes are still winding down, and the squash are coming on. I love my garden!

Gotta help dd practice piano, then make dinner.

Later!
Angela
Old 10-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

angela, our roses have halted in mid-bloom. it's already pretty cool up here. 49* today at 1 pm.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #11  
Melissa

49!! Wow!!

Terry, she is beautiful!! What a grin!!

Kathy, I hope that you can get some sleep tonight. You have too much to worry about between the kids and Judd. I bought two more packages of crab today. I'm addicted, it is so good! It was on sale, so I thought I'd better take advantage.

Vickie, I hope that you are feeling better by now.

Frouf, I'm sure that you are enjoying your evening. It sounds like you've had a good day!

Sandra, do you think that you should visit your doctor about being so weak? Or do you believe that it is linked to the heart problems? Of course that might be a good reason to go anyway. I hope that you feel better soon. Don't push yourself!

A couple of months ago I was contacted by my college about writing a short "devotional" for their advent publication. I forgot until about an hour ago that it is due on Thursday!! So guess what I am doing tonight? I'm getting off of here to work on it because I really want to watch the biggest loser. Unfortunately I probably won't exercise during it so that I can write during the commercials. I'm just hoping that I can get it done and that it will be good.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

melissa, you're very sweet to worry about me. i'm not going to the doctor unless i get a lot worse. the only thing she would tell me to do is rest. i'm doing a good job at that. i did call my podiatrist today, though, cuz my left foot's very swollen and hurts. i left a message for him. i don't know if he'll have me come in or if he'll prescribe me some more anti-inflammatories. to tell you the truth, i'm ready for foot surgery. i don't know what's bothering me the most right now my foot or my fatigue. oh, well, life goes on.

is the crab recipe here on the boards? kathy and melissa, you're making me hungry for some good crab dish.

i won't be exercising during bl tonight either. let us know what you write about.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #13  

Sandra, the crab salad recipe is very simple. We just chopped up the crab (imitation), celery, onion, maybe some bell pepper, and added FF mayo (I used Miracle Whip), salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. to taste. It was so good. I'm making a big batch tomorrow night to have for lunches for the next few days.

Judd and I went to the grocery store tonight for all of his diet supplies. He is so pumped up about this so I hope he can stick with it. We got all sorts of fruit and vegetables, WW pastas and crackers and brown rice and low sodium this and low fat that and reduced sugar everything. We'll see how he does with it -- plus he has said he will cook for himself so that I don't have to cook multiple meals. Hmmm ... like I said, we'll see.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #14  
Melissa

Sandra, take care of yourself! I need you to help me to get to the 180's. Like Kathy said the crab salad is super easy. I put green onion, celery, a little red bell pepper, herb seasoning, salt, pepper, and miracle whip. It is super good. It is just imitation crab of course, but very tasty. I have been eating it with rf triscuits but I think it is quite tasty all by itself.

Kathy, it sounds like Judd is really ready to go with his "diet" doesn't it? Was there something in particular that caused him to get a jump start like this? I'm hoping that Aaron will stick to his plan as well. I know that it would help. He's determined to stop eating out so much (our downfall) so that will help a lot.

I've been writing away tonight. I don't think it's very good yet, but at least I have a start. It can only be 300 words, which for me is a negative. I'm wordy. I've got to pack a lunch and get ready for the morning. Everyone have a good night!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

kathy and melissa, thank you for the recipe. i'll get some imitation crab next time i'm at the store.

wow! judd sounds pumped, doesn't he? i hope he's able to stick with it. maybe his enthusiasm will rub off on me. you're lucky he'll cook his own meals. i'm guessing he'll do a lot of outdoor grilling. sounds good.

good luck with your writing. i'll bet it turns out well.

night night, everyone.
Closed Thread