Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default And the guilt is setting in...

I woke up early and went to this gym this morning. Best thing I did all month! I was feeling really good and we were really busy. I didn't bring anything to eat because I was late to work so I grabbed a indiviual pizza. (I work at a kids pizza/game place) Also since today was Dine out for america day I ordered out food for dinner too. While eating dinner I looked up the nutrition fact for my pizza earlier. I was guessing about 600-700 and other people were guessing high 300s. How much?...........................1032 for one with just 6 pepperonies....mine had about 12 pepperonies.....and mushrooms and black olives. I feel so sick and sad I ate it now. I stopped eating my dinner and I guess I'm just going to throw it out. Well Hopefully knowing this new information I will be able to refrain from the pizza at work now. It makes me sad that my work this morning was completely ruined with what I thought would be an ok lunch. I was thinking the 500 or so calories I worked off in the gym would cover it...boy was I wrong!!!

Oh and I had about 12-16 oz of coke too. But I held back from drinking more (Which I usually do drink more) so I was pretty happy about that.

Last edited by Chubby Barbie; 10-05-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Chubby Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #2  

Isn't that the worst?! I hate when I estimate and I'm wrong...but don't feel guilty because it's not like you were purposely cheating...you thought you were within your calorie limits! I saw some South Beach Diet frozen pizzas you heat up in the microwave that say the calorie o**** (I think about 280 if I remember correctly) right on the box. They looked pretty good, maybe a substitute?
IDGRL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #3  
Determined

I feel so bad for you. It's bad enough when you mean too, but when you don't.....ouch. Don't worry too much about it though. You can make up for it. Maybe shave 50 extra calories a day for the week and take an extra 10 minute walk each night. Most important though, don't beat yourself up and let it screw you up the rest of the week.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #4  

Talking

Think about it this way....there may have been a time in the past (recent or not so recent) that you didn't even care how many cals were in the pizza. Now you're becoming aware!

Don't beat yourself up over it, what's done is done. Slay the perfectionism dragon and congratulate yourself for being aware! None of us will ever have a perfect day food or exercise-wise so just know that you are taking positive steps and learn from your mistakes!

You can do this!
TechnoDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 AM   #5  

And just to add to what Mary has said, the old you probably would have had the pizza but no gym!!! So you are ahead of the game. It's all about how you eat most of the time that matters, not a slip up here and there, so long as your pizza is an occasional thing and not an every day occurance, it shouldn't matter. Just smile and move on tomorrow.

(and I thought your post said and the quilt is settling in!!! I was thinking that's just how I felt this week, the weather has changed here and just getting from the quilt to the gym or pool is an effort!!!)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:31 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I thought that about the quilt too.... MMmmmmm duvet!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

It takes time to learn the calor counts (or points) in the food you eat. The first thing you should do is educate yourself. Find out how many calories are in the foods you eat on a regural basis. Then you can make good choices. And plan ahead. Know what you are going to eat ahead of time. If you know you're going to be buying something, know the calories. If you know there are no good choices, plan to bring something form home. Does the pizza place have salads? Do they have diet dressing? If not bring the salad dressing from home. If you have a salad with regural drssing you might as well have a cheese burger!!!

Keep up the exercise! You're off to a good start! If you're not able to give up the coke yet just remember how many calories are in there!!!! Can you replace it with Diet coke? I know it takes some adjustment, but you CAN do it!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, man, pizza is a killer, not to mention all the sodium that make you retain water. I LOVE pizza, and I know if I cut it out completely, I would go insane, so I work it into my plan once a week. I also try to stick with plain cheese (no added toppings unless they are veggies, but of course, I don't like veggies ) and get thin crust (thick crust can add a TON of calories!). At least you are now aware of the evil of the pizza so you can, in the future, either cut back to compensate of maybe only have half of the pizza.

As for the coke, congrats on not drinking as much! Have you tried the new Coke Zero? I really like it a lot more than diet coke (which I am not very fond of). To me, the Zero tastes a little more like regular coke, so maybe worth looking into? Or the 1/2-sugar kind (don't remember what it's called--it will still have calories in it, but at least it'll only be 1/2 the calories, which is at least a step in the right direction!

In any case, like others have said, don't get down about it. You weren't intentionally eating so many calories, and we all make mistakes. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move ahead!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #9  

Maybe you should keep something in your car, in your locker or wherever for days when you forget to grab something for lunch. I have a package of popcorn, and a can of soup in my desk drawer for days when I forget to bring lunch, or am in too much of a hurry to make a lunch. Find something low fat, low sodium that's able to be stored, and hoard it away! Just remember to replace it if you have to use it! That way, you don't feel compelled to eat something quick, cheap or convienent in a pinch.
pioneerprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #10  

You know, what's done is done. It's not gonna help to beat yourself up about it, right? You've learned a lesson, and you won't be doing that again, so it's time to move on. Every day, every meal, is a new chance to get it right. You can do this!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #11  
banned

i know how you feel.... the pizza hut ones are like 14 points! blotting the oil lowers the point value though....
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I thought that about the quilt too.... MMmmmmm duvet!
Me too. ...but the advice above is good...don't beat yourself up for an innocent mistake.
There are pizza alternatives that don't pack so many calories...and there are diet sodas that taste pretty good. (I like pretty much anything with splenda - they should put me on commission.)
Planning ahead isn't always possible but it helps when you can.

WTG putting in the gym time...making that a habit will go a long ways to further your weight loss goals. Chin up girl - yer gonna make it!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
(and I thought your post said and the quilt is settling in!!! I was thinking that's just how I felt this week, the weather has changed here and just getting from the quilt to the gym or pool is an effort!!!)
So did I after I posted...I was thinking why did someone post about a quilt? Then when I realised it was me.
Chubby Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:57 AM   #14  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

You could have just used that meal as your cheat meal for the week.
I have one day and one meal that day where its my cheat meal.
Sometimes I dont even take advantage of that cheat meal.
Sometimes me and the husband will go out for dinner and we use that as our one cheat meal for the week.
This happens and like the others said. Tommorow is another day and you just gained insight on what happened with the pizza and im sure you learned a valuable lesson on what you should do to try avoid this.
It will be alright just keep working at it and it will become second nature to you to watch and make sure you are ready for these situations.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

totally agree with a cheat meal. I often have cheat days... I'm trying to cut down on WHOLE cheat days!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote