View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
Heather

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBassets
NO ONE is going to say "Hey, well done! I noticed that you walked past the vending machine today and didn't buy a Snickers bar!" You have to be YOUR OWN cheerleader because only you know what your teeny-tiny achievements are.
See, this is why I love this forum! I hadn't really thought about it that way, but it is spot on. For example, our secretary keeps a little basket of candy on her desk which I used to frequently sample from. Very frequently. I had wondered how I would EVER be able to resist it. Yet, since I started all this back in July, I have not once sampled from the basket. "25 calories for a tiny tootsie roll?? Not worth it!". Yet no one knows of this victory -- only a few people at work even know that I am eating better and exercising. One knows I have lost 30 pounds, but it's not apparent to most yet. And even if they did, who is going to even think about the candy basket?!

Rather than eying it with longing, I so like the idea of making that basket a symbol of my victory so far -- my Victory of Choices, if you will. Because I do make that choice every day!

Thanks!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences

Last edited by Heather; 10-06-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote