View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #7
LovesBassets
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
and the biggest difference is that I approach every situation I can with the question: is the food I want NOW worth the cost to my body (both now and in the future)? Occasionally yes, but usually no.
You got it, chickie!!! That is fantastic!! And always remember: every single positive decision you make is one step closer to your goal! The weight loss comes as a result of 10,000+ teeny-tiny decisions you make along the way, so every time you make a choice like the one above, you've taken one more step towards better health . REMIND YOURSELF of these victories!! Take the time to compliment yourself because only YOU know how tough it is to say "no" to all the millions of little temptations you face every day. NO ONE is going to say "Hey, well done! I noticed that you walked past the vending machine today and didn't buy a Snickers bar!" You have to be YOUR OWN cheerleader because only you know what your teeny-tiny achievements are.

Personal example: Between my house and the gym there's an ice cream stand that's pretty famous in my area for truly heavenly home-made ice cream. And (obviously) I have to drive by it at least 6 times a week. I haven't been in for probably 2 years, but I STILL congratulate myself every time I drive by -- because I've chosen to drive by. So now that ice cream stand (which COULD have become just another symbol of a food that I can't have, etc.) is instead a constant reminder of how far I've come.

You have to actively seek out opportunities to compliment yourself. Instead of thinking "What a bummer. I really wanted that Twinkie," think "Wow. I can't believe how easy it was to say no to that Twinkie." And the more you do it, the better you'll feel about your food choices. And the better you feel about your food choices, the easier it is to stick to it.

Just my opinion .

First Goal: 200 lbs by Namibia trip (May 26, 2013).

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-06-2005 at 09:37 AM.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote