Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #1  

Default Hello! BFLer here!

Hi,

My name is Julie and I am not sure if this is where I introduce myself or not. But, hello! I am doing BFL and am making progress (albeit slow LOL). I am enjoying the program greatly but seem to be a "slow loser" and hope I will see more results toward the end of the 12th week. I'm NOT giving up, that's for sure! Hope some of you ladies (especially the over 40 ones) can give me a heads up on when you really saw AMAZING changes. Any who, looking forward to chatting with you all.

All My Best,
Julie
tarustiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #2  

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have just finished my 6th week. And I might as well write out my total stats. So here goes:

Weight: 152.8 (started w/161.6" - so loss of 8.8 pounds)
Body fat: 33.3% (not sure to start but probably about 38 - 39%
Chest: 39" (started 40.74" - 1.74 loss)
Waist: 33" (from 36.5" - 3.5 loss)
Hips: 40.5" (from 42" - 1.5 loss)
R. Thigh: 24.5" (from 25" - .5 loss)
L. Thigh: 24.5" (from 25" - .5 loss)
R. Calf: 14.5" (from 14.75" - .25 loss)
L. Calf: 15" (from 15" - no change)
R. Bicep: 12" (from 15" - no change)
L. Bicep: 12" (from 11.5" - a gain of .5)

As you can see, there ARE changings occuring, just not as fast as I would like LOL! Love to hear how others like myself are doing. BTW I am a 43 year old 5'3" woman who gains all over but especially in the waist. Thanks much.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  
Mel

Hi Julie
I don't think you're are "slow" at all! Yu are doing great! Remember, unless you were aleady doing a lot of weight training, you are building muscle as well as losing fat. There are a lot more changes going on inside your body than are being reflected on the scale. Your measurements are showing that.

I first did BFL when I was 46. I didn't lose any weight on the scale ( I had previously lost 45 pounds on another diet plan) but lost 2 pants sizes and 8% body fat by the end of 12 weeks and really looked quite different

Hang in there

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Julie Welcome to LWL we LUVS newbies!!

I'm an extremely slow loser too, I'm 48, but remember this is a lifestyle, so your hard work and lifestyle WILL reflect on your body in the long run.

I did BFL by the book for a 12 week stint too about 2 years ago. I didn't lose a heck of a lot weight but I did love the new way of eating and how I felt. I still eat basically the same but with tweaks here and there. The tweaks that I did is that I eat 5 meals/day instead of 6, try to eat between 1200 and 1500 cals/day, I count calories. I don't do the BFL workout I do a 3 or 4 days split.

Keep up the great work and welcome again, please also join us on the weekly thread...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:29 PM   #5  

Smile Hi..I'm a fellow BFLer

Hi ..I'm visiting over here from the BFL tracker website. Looking for more inspiration, friends, and helpful hints. I saw your updated photos taurus and you look GREAT!! I hope to see you around. I, too, just joined this website. Looks to be pretty cool. Kana
Kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #6  

Smile Thanks for the Welcome

Sorry I haven't posted in a few but it has been a crazy time here at my household. My son got an infection in a bee sting on his foot and had to go to the emergency room! That was the worst thing mind you (he is going to be ok - cellucitus (sp?) developed and is being treated). It WAS scary though.

However, I have stayed on track with my program and seem to be still making progress. I am down to 150#s now from a beginning of 161.6#. NOT BAD Huh? And like you all said, the best part is how I feel. I have DEFINITELY lost inches and am wearing smaller clothes (my "thinner" clothes LOL). SO, I'm happy. I'm on my 8th week and am really looking forward to the 12th! (I'm going ot post this on the weekly thread too - just to say hello others!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #7  
Mel

Congratulations for sticking to plan through a crisis! That's one of the toughest lessons to learn. You're making great progess

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #8  

Thanks Mel! And you are absolutely right about sticking to the plan. I have found through this programs that my stressor haven't lightened in the least BUT the way I react to them sure has. In the past, during a "bad" time, the fridge was my solice. NOW, buckling down and working out even harder AND planning and following my nutrition program give me the comfort I so need. It really IS a wonderful feeling to be in control of your life in SOME way. I'm have made it through 8 weeks and feel GREAT. I can hardly wait until week 12 comes LOL!! Oh, and I will be updating my pictures either tomorrow or Monday as well as my stats. TTYL