Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for October

It's hard to believe that it's already OCTOBER!!!

Anyone is welcome to join us. We have at one time or another all weighed in on Thursday. We are a close group and have been through thick and thin together.

I'm off this week so I'm hoping to have a better week and get things under control.

Tammy, not all fo the districts here have a fall break. It's nice because about now you need one.

Tina, you and Larry need a vacation!!!

Sis, how cold does it get there?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Susan,
Thanks for starting us off. It seems these months go by so fast!
Houston and surrounding area does not have a fall break. Y'all are very lucky.

Everyone have a great Monday and stay OP!!

Old 10-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

NV doesn't either, but I love the fall. It is so nice to get away from 80-100's degrees! I am playing on the computer waiting for the sun to come up a bit more before walking. It is chilly out.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #4  

Well tonight it feels like I might have to turn the air back on as it was about 28* with high humidity (mid nineties for Y'all).
I found a winter coat plain black wool pea coat with toggles and a big hood, in only 1x size. Now I need a bright red scarf to jazz it up. No shoes though I will have to go to the specialty store apparently my feet aren't going to shrink. d@*&$

Susan I will be thinking of you and Pat and little Seamus tomorrow, we all will.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #5  
Susan

It was a hot day here. I ran lots of errands and tried to stay busy all day. My girlfriend is taking off 1/2 day tomorrow and we are going to go to lunch. She is one of my best friends and we've been through a lot together.

Mimi, You are so sweet. Thank you for thinking about us. I know you will look just beautiful in your new coat! We are suppose to have a high of 70 on Thursday. (It will only last for the day)

Tina, How is Smokey? Give him lots of hugs and kisses!!!!

Tammy, How is school going? Is the administration being civil to you or do we need to make a trip up there?

Flower, I like fall too! Just here in Texas you have 2 seasons...... Summer and Winter (for about a week)
Old 10-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #6  

School is ok. I told the kids this morning that I'm going to start sending home weekly reports. So many of them are doing silly things, and I'm going to start nailing them for it. Maybe a few weeks of notifying parents of some of what is happening, they'll straighten up. I sure hope so anyway.

It was hot today! I was glad that Bob had the AC on when I got home.

Mimi, your coat sounds nice. The red scarf will look great with it.

I am only working 1/2 day tomorrow. I leave at noon. Heading to visit my doctor. Nothing big, just a checkup. Tim gets his Senior pictures taken later in the afternoon then. I'm going with him Bob isn't going. He said he would just make Tim nervous. lol

I'm staying away from the administrators at school. My brother's letter about all of the crap that has gone on hit the papers. He has had so many calls in support of what he said. I'm sure if anyone questions the board or admin., they'll say my brother is lying. But I think there are enough people in the school system who know the truth, and the community can talk to any of us.

278 days. I'm awful!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Your brother did a great thing, Tammy. I'm so glad the papers are carrying it.
Be sure and let us know how your doctor's visit goes.

Mimi, that coat does sound great. You should come down and help me accessorize. I'm not good at such things.

Susan, you've been in my thoughts all day.
(Smokey is eating if I coax him. His vet might try a new food on him.)

Hey, it's supposed to get down in the 50's at night, the last part of this week.

Erin and Jody, we haven't heard from ya'll in ages !
Old 10-04-2005, 07:45 AM   #8  

I'm up and getting ready to leave for school, but I had to post a loss on the WI thread. lol Anytime I see a loss, I'm counting it.

My doctor's visit is just to get weighed, BP, and get new prescriptions for my medicines that I'm running out of. I usually try to make them after school, but this year I decided why bother? No one cares if we are at school or not (except maybe the kids!!). I have enough sick days that I could take an entire year off. That shows that I haven't abused the system.

Toodles!!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #9  

Tammy; no you aren't awful but it really sounds like you are stressed to the max this year. Both of my son's had the same teacher, and the younger one had her in her final year, I never saw someone so happy to be leaving a job.
Tina; is the special food that Smokey is on for his kidneys? I know what it is like, we would do anything to keep our pets with us. I know the vet wanted to put my Fred on a special diet, but I just wanted him happy. You know you have given him a good life sometimes that is all we can do.
Susan; Enjoy your lunch with your friend. Sending you a big
Old 10-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #10  

Mimi, I am stressed for sure. When I told the kids that there would be a sub there after recess, one of the boys started to cry. He thought that I would be out a long time again. I told them I was going to the doctor, and that I would be back tomorrow. That eased their minds a little.

Had Tim's Senior pictures taken tonight. It went well. Hope we get some good ones.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #11  
Susan

Hi,

It's been an ok day. I'm really tired and feel like I could go to sleep and sleep for years. Pat had to work today but my girlfriend took a 1/2 day off. We went to lunch, cruised Target and then went to Chili's and had margaritas. It was nice just to sit and talk.

Tammy, I'm glad you got a good report from the doctor. YES, TAKE THOSE DAYS!!!! They aren't going to pay you for them when you retire. I took a bunch off before I quit, actually everytime I had a doctors appointment. I got 7 state days when I went back to work because they carried over even without teaching last year.

Tina, We gave Betty ANYTHING she would eat. Does Smokey like Friskies' treats? My cats love them and just started eating the crunchy treats and are addicted to them.

Mimi, you are always so sweet and positive. I am glad to be your friend!! Thanks!!!

Ok, where is everyone else? Amy... where are you? Do you want me to tell Mom?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I'm glad you got a good report. All that mess at school. It seems the administrators have no feeling for the children, just themselves. That was so sad about the little boy being upset.

Susan, I am glad your friend could be with you. It was probably good that Pat had to work. It's so hard on men trying to be brave. Why on earth were they taught not to show emotion!!!!!

Mimi, Smokey has been having trouble having too many hairballs come up. He doesn't eat and has lost lots of weight. The vet put him on Prednisone (I'm not too wild about that.) and gave him Hill's prescription a/d food. Today he finally seems to feel better--no hairballs in over a week--and loves the food. He does have minimal kidney failure. He will not eat that kind of food. Like you, I decided to let him eat what he wanted. I hope he continues to feel good since our vacation is coming up soon.
Susan, he likes Fancy Feast cat food.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
I miss all our members who haven't "checked in" recently.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #13  

hey everyone, i think i did ok this week (tomorrow will tell !) i'm excited for my next meeting, and for some reason the last couple of days food has been tasting really good !

kate
Old 10-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #14  

Kate I am sure you will do well, amazing how food tastes when we aren't stuffing ourselves.
Well, my resident chef cooked tonight beef bourguignon c'est magnifique.
beef with red wine, onions mushrooms I made mashed potatoes which we could have done without and green beans almondine. Well worth every point!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Ooooh Mimi, my mouth is watering! Your supper sounded wonderful.
We had meatless spaghetti and sugar snap peas. Nothing to write home about.
Closed Thread