Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 09:29 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Tuesday Morning, Afternoon and Night...

Hey everyone... Are we all getting a late start??

I had to take Emma home early because daycare got all freaky. I am starting to think twice about this daycare.

I walked Sadie this morning and then we are going to the gym at noon again. I like using the cardio machine... so we'll see. They have a scale there and I weighed myself.... I know, BAD! I could resist. It says I am up 2 pounds from WW... but that could be a scale difference. BUT, From last week to this week I haven't lost anything. UGHHHH... So we'll see. This is my gain week and I hate that!

How is everyone doing???
Old 08-21-2001, 09:58 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi Jen!

What do you mean they got freaky? THat is a bit unnerving, not to mention, inconvenient for you and DH.

How is everyone?

I had a good night - my girlfriend from BC cancelled on me so I ended up hanging with b/f, we had such a good night - went grocery shopping and cooked dinner, watched Dinosaur (it was good! But a bit too Disney, I thought) and then went back to my place to sleep. He usually doesn't like that, but last night he asked if I was happy he came over, and I said yes, and he said he was happy too. We slept apart on Sunday night and he coudln't sleep, but he slept like a log last night with me . I did too - too well, since we slept through the alarm and were a bit late, oh well.

Someone is whisting INmy Life by the beatles in the all...now it'll be in my head all day!! ARGH! I love the beatles, when I was little, my dad lived in London England and we lived in Ontario and I didn't know him (I never lived with him) and I had this fantasy that Paul McCartney was my dad and he'd come and sweep me up and carry me into the sunset....but then my real dad came home adn he looked more like old Elvis. Was disappointed. Began new fantasy about him being Elvis, later realized Elvis had died when I was less than a year old. Oh well. Better to face the harsh reality!

Well, I better get going adn do some work, I want to jam at 3:30 today so me and my sister can buy a gift for my other sister's 30th, which is tomorrow (I love being the baby, I don't have to go through that for 4.5 more years!)

See you all 20 somethings and 30's too .

Belle
Old 08-21-2001, 09:59 AM   #3  

Angry

Good morning everyone!

Jen ~ Daycare can sure be a pain the butt! Your gym workout sounds great, keep up the good work!!

I did great yesterday and accomplished all of my goals. I ate 19 pts yesterday, drank my water, and walked 2 miles on my new treadmill. It really felt great!

I am doing it all again today!!

Not much else new here. Kinda busy at work today, but always have time for this board!!

Were is everyone???
Old 08-21-2001, 10:01 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen: don't worry. I once read that when you intensify your workout you have a slight gain or stay the same due to water retention in the muscle. They need the extra water to repair or something until they get use to the new workout. So it may be that on top of ovulation gain. Anyway, you know what you are doing works in the long run, so don't worry about what the scale says in the short-term. Great job on working out!!!!

I was a little high on points yesterday. But i wrote it all down!!! Today I hope to do better but I am not going to beat myself up over it.

Ok, how did everyones monday go?

Trish
Old 08-21-2001, 10:22 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Bad WI!!

I went last night and gained 3 pounds!! I was sick when I saw her write down 190.2!!!
It could be attributed to 1) too much beer this weekend and not enough water OR 2) Super sore muscles from playing softball this weekend. Either way, I'm nowhere near virgin fat anymore! I'm down about it, but I'm angry at myself for getting that out of hand!
I have to get to work now. I'm meeting DH at the pound after work so we can get a puppy. Life for my kitty cat is over as she knows it. It should be interesting.
Hopefully I can post more later.
Oh yeah, when I say not enough water, the only water I drank Sat., Sun., and Monday was to take Advil. BAD STACEY!!! I'm already over that though, and no soft drinks for me until I drink ALL my water for the day!
Bye for now!
Old 08-21-2001, 10:40 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

This must be the week for gains! Stacey and Jen, don't worry (Jen, you don't even know yet, you could be down!) and Stacey - alcohol gets me everytime, which is very disheartening....but oh well. How often do you drink? Not very, and me either, so at least you enjoyedyourself. 3 lbs can be water retention.

We'll all do better next week.

I am a bit sad b/c I won't WI again until next Friday - just hte way my schuedule is, I think Friday's at lunch are ideal, so I am going to go then (same place as yesterday). There is a girl doing it here that refuses to pay to WI and isn't losing. she keeps asking me how i do it, but I can't explain anymore to her. I think having someone else WI her and have to be accountable is more motivation.

Tonya - woo hoo, you go girl!
Trish - good that you are honest with writing even if you are high. I used ot get to 29and say, well, if I'm over, I'mm over, but I am trying not to do that anymore.

Hey, I saw the 12 week journal - its 5.99 here. I am thinking of picking it up!

Gotta go!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:12 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hi girls

I just wanted to say a quick hi. I've been real busy with work lately. The procedure Friday went fine, and I slept all day from the anesthesia. Saturday I felt just fine and b/f and I went tubing and camping with friends. I've had no pain at all, but of course I don't think I'll feel great until first I get the results from this, and second I have a normal pap smear!

Well, I have to run. I'll check in later.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:19 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey gang!

How is everyone doing today? I am really tired. I stayed until 3 am watching a movie we own that I have seen 150 times! Then I couldn't fall asleep because I had some Pepsi after supper and the caffiene gets me everytime. I wanted to sleep in this morning but I got up at 9. I don't work until 2 today so I thought maybe I could sneak in some extra sleep. Oh well. Early to bed tonight.

I was a little down last night. Lonely. One of my best friends is moving six hours away next week. All of my other friends & my fiance are all working weird hours. Sucks. So feeling sorry for myself I decided to treat myself by going out for supper. I did good by ordering a half order of a Mediterranean style pasta but then I was stupid and ordered an order of pizza bread, with the intention of only eating some of it and then taking the rest home for my fiance. Of course I have no self control and ate the whole thing! Argh! Why do I do that to myself? Today has to be a better day. I have a hard time when I work to keep my sugar from dropping because I don't usually have time to eat in between patients. I try to eat some veggies in between but then by the end I'm starving and usually end up at the convenience store buying chips or something to munch on while I wait for the bus. The bus ride is over an hour long so when you're hungry its horribly long. I think if I have to I'll take way more food to snack on. I hate how it looks in the fridge though-this huge bag of snacks. You wouldn't believe how much room fruit and veggies take up in a tiny little work fridge. No one knows whats in my containers so it looks like I'm eating a whole lot of food when its really good food. I know I shouldn't care what they all think but they are terrible gossips and of course I'm the biggest of all of them. Sometimes I wish that there were more guys in my profession. They aren't as catty as women. Anyway, here I am running on again. You guys are going to start dreading seeing my name because you keep finding novels!

Alcohol is brutal for the weight loss! Especially for me because my favorite drink is Kahlua with Chocolate Milk and I'm lucky if they have chocolate milk so forget about it being skim. And then when we buy a bottle and mix I usually get 2% because it is the only one that comes in a 4L. Its too expensive to get the 1% in the smaller bottles. Good thing we hardly ever drink anymore.

Anyway, good luck everyone on making it through the day Talk to you all later.

Rina
Old 08-21-2001, 01:03 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone... it's just starting to sink in that it's almost the end of August! Eeeek! Where has the summer gone?? I have no clue at all.

Rina... I totally know what you mean about no self control, that's always my problem! I've done horribly this week with food. Just haven't been able to say no.

Belle...so glad to hear that you and bf are doing better.

Anyways... hope everyone is having a nice day Talk to you all again soon
Old 08-21-2001, 01:57 PM   #10  

Default I'm here, lurking!

Hi everyone! I've been here, lurking....work has been very busy for the past two days-but I am happy to say that I went running yesterday am before work, and I plan to run again tonight....
Rhubarb-I hear you about the self control-I learned long ago that not keeping bad food around is the surest way to success for me!
Stacey-I admire you for going to WI-I am going to a new place this friday and I am so tempted to put it off in case I gain-but Belle, you are right-you need the meetings and the impartial weigh-ins....
I am OP for the third day in a row and it feels good...anyone know any good eggplant recipes? It is on sale and like no points....last night I breaded and broiled it in the oven then had it with tomato sauce and a little grated parmesan...a modified eggplant parm(no mozzarella!) but it was still good and very low in points....I have an eggplant masala recipe to try from bon appetit...any other ideas? Bye-lori
Old 08-21-2001, 02:06 PM   #11  
Crime Fighter

Lori

Simply the Best has an eggplant pasta dish that is delish!
Old 08-21-2001, 02:16 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default FOR KIM

Kim, I am so happy to hear you were okay - and that you had a normal pap. What a releif! I hope this is the start of better things for you!

Thinking of you...
Belle
Old 08-21-2001, 03:17 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kim, I am impressed you were out and about right away. I was crampy for a day or so! It will be A-OK... I was worried to and everything came out good. Remember, this is more comman than you think!!!

Stacey, Now is the time to get back on track. We all have setbacks. How is being a married woman treating you?? I always stumbled over calling hubby my husband... and I kept calling myself by my maiden name. Last week my mom wrote down my name with my maiden too... I had to remind her. And we have been married almost 3 years.

Lori, Not a big eggplant fan (except how you cooked it already). but I have heard of people using in the same way you use meat. Good luck. Zucchini is here and I love that!

Rina, I have lots of food at work too. After being PG and eating all the time (I got a little snippy when peopleade comments!!) no one says anything now. They just look at my veggies and think I am a nut!

Jen
Old 08-21-2001, 03:38 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle: Thanks, but I haven't had a normal pap yet! I said that's when I'll feel better! That might be 3 months away ...

Jen: I was surprised, too. I felt a little soreness "down there," but nothing else. I didn't even fill the pain medication prescription the doctor gave me. Maybe it helped that it was done under anesthesia, and I had no chance to fight back against the speculum! Today, I feel a tinge of cramps, but I'm also about to get my period. Should make for a fun WI tomorrow!
Old 08-21-2001, 04:09 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Default Kim

Sorry, I must have read that wrong (illustrating my hectic day i suppose). That makes more sense since you'd be in some pain I would think after the procedure on Friday....I apologize for my mistake! Keep us posted on the results. I promise I'll read them right....

Anyhoo.....is anyone else having a sluggish get me out of here day?? Mine is of that nature. Lucky for me I am getting lots accomplished.

Must go, want to jam early.

Have a good evening all!!

B
Closed Thread