Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #145

Hello, Hello, Hello...

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-27-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Smile

Hiya ladies~

I'm back again...was on the computer for a few minutes to write, rather type, a couple of letters and thought I would check in for a few minutes. Of course I gotta hurry as Jeopardy is about to come on!

Jane & Marti~I hope it's okay that I started the new thread. I saw that it was at 51 so thought I better do before more posts.

Marti~(((((hugs))))) to you sweetie! And to top it off you have to wait for a plumber! I does seem like it hasn't been so long ago since you had them out. Hopefully the problem gets fixed this time and they don't have to come back.

Sue~I like that! It's a great idea! I am going to have to write that down for sure. Don't have time to right now. A January wedding in Tahoe sounds absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Anyway...gotta run ladies! Can't miss Jeopardy! I have about 6 minutes!

Take care and I hope everyone is having a nice day.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:23 PM   #3  
RosieKate

Hi ya gals

Marti - so sorry to hear about your brother....hope you get the time off you need to be with your family. Will James be able to get some bereavement leave? Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Susan - sounds like the new job is going great. You probably live right around the corner from me...we do need to do something about getting together soon.

Jana- fingers are crossed here for good new on your building plans. I need to post new pix of our little "project". We have a roof on, and the windows are in. Haven't begun on the interior yet. Everything is still a big mess.

Cristi- Congrats on your weight loss...I may not have much time to post, but I do try to read the boards once a day, and you really have been great about your walking program. I can tell you are very committed.

Angie -I can tell you are, too. Hope you like WW. I do it at home...right now I am giving Core another go...we'll see.

I am still getting to the gym 5x a week - feels good to be getting stronger and having fewer aches and pains. Scale said 180 today. I have a few vacation pounds to get off, so my ticker can tell the truth

Gotta go to the bus stop...will chime in later on the gathering thread....need to think about it a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg face3.jpg (7.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg fisherboy3.jpg (8.6 KB, 40 views)

Old 09-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all

Marti, on top of everything else you again have problems with the plumbing? Hopefully they fix it and don't have to worry about it again. I also really hope you get more time off,,,you need it. And your family needs you near. Hugs,,,to you all

Sue, ok I rolled over and went back to sleep,,,then was almost late getting to work...lol and there you are up and dusting?

Cristi,,,now that makes me so proud of you! You are doing something that you don't want to and probably have an excuse to not want to go for your walk but you have an even better excuse to do it! WTG

Katy,,,I went to Payless shoes last night,,,looking for that perfect pair of chunky type shoes that look good with a skirt and tights and jeans. Nothing at all..*sigh BUT I did see scarves! The same way I had made mine last year...geesh I should be a designer...I swear.

Well need to get to rehearsal...
Old 09-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #5  
a work in progress

Hi ladies...

Help, help, I'm so lame...how do you guys get pics in an online album? I have all these great pics to share, and no way to show them to you! Is there something available through Yahoo, or???
Old 09-28-2005, 08:39 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day!

Cristi - thank you for starting the thread! Any JL is welcome to start one when we need it - not just Marti and me. You are such an inspiration with all your exercise! Before you know it, you're going to need smaller clothes.

Angie - one of the mods is doing a triathalon in Canada next year, and some of us are toying with the idea of going for that. It's in Ontario, so way, way far from you. Yes, I agree, you should be a designer! You have a natural flair for it.

Susan - I laughed when you said Becka brought her makeup but no clothes yet. It all about what's most important, mom. tee hee

Sue - I like to watch TV or listen to CDs while exercising, too. The Y has CNN on and have had constant coverage of the Gulf floods, and it's too depressing to watch. So I pull out my trusty discman and walk to the oldies, lol.

Marti - jeez oh pete, I sure hope your landlord has to pay the plumber, not you and James. That's the last think you need to be thinking about right now. HUGS to you, hon!!

Katy - aww, the pictures of the kids are too sweet!! I look forward to seeing your opinion on the meetup thread. I'm thinking Portland would be a wise choice to save the OR girls and Angie some $$.

Katiecat - I went to Yahoo and did the photo albums they offer for free. It's real easy, but just be sure to change "private" to "public" as an option for us to see the pics, ok?

Things went well with the builder, and the prices were just about what we expected. Can't really do much now until spring anyway.

Today I'm taking Caylin out to lunch and shopping for her birthday gifts. Her birthday is Oct. 10th, and the party is the 9th. She'll be 2. Not sure how I'm going to get the presents from her to hold back until then. Might just let her have them early. That's a grandma's prerogative, right?? lol

How are things going for you today?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 AM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Just finished my venti and omg.......I wanna talk now to someone!!!! Can I , canI , can I , can I.....ugh - totally hate the rush........

1-5 was backed up getting to work this morning so I did a round about way to work and sipped the whole venti - by the time I reached the bottom of the cup I was cursing the cars ahead of me "move your arse , I wanna get to work!!!"

So, I brought some veggi chips and carrots, bottle water and an apple to eat, no trips to the vending machine today. I haven't weighed since I moved - a piece of the scale fell off and it kind of tips now and weighs me heavier - so I am not getting on it. I look ok and my clothes seem the same - I am sure the ripping sound means nothing. lol

Hi Katy Love the pictures you posted. I will just meet you at the gym with margarita in hand.

It isn't lame Katie. I can't get my pictures on either. I can't even figure how to change it from private to public -lol

k- best go hunt down one of my workers and see what he is doing today. Last day of training!!! Crunch time - trying to get all these files done by Friday.

chow!!! (not literally - lol)
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #8  
Give me strength

Susan what is a venti? gawd woman I almost losta cheerio through the nose...margrinta in hand...

have say cheerios don't tast the same in skim milk.

Jane, the peanut butter and graham wafers you eat,,,how many points?

Well need to get to work
Old 09-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Susan- you are going to look pretty funny at 6 am at the community center with a margarita in your hand, lol! "Oh, I'm just waiting for Katy, we're going to hit the bars after step class" Yes - I get there THAT early - yikes

Katiecat - I thought a yahoo photo page was pretty easy.... my pictures yesterday were attachments. I didn't think it was too hard to upload them. You would just have to use an avatar sizer to get them the right size. 3FC needs them pretty small.

Jane - I would probably just buy her a present for now AND one for her birthday - I'm not one for restraint, hee hee! That's probably why I still need to lose 30 pounds.

Happy day everyone

Last edited by RosieKate; 09-28-2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: cuz I cain't spel

Old 09-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hello ladies and a Happy Wednesday to you!

Geez, what a morning! I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off-running around crazy!! For some reason I have felt rushed, not sure why. Got a later start than usual because I didn't do a walk this morning. Tomorrow was supposed to be an unstructured day and today a 2 mile walk but since I had so much to do I traded them and will do the walk tomorrow. I still have to get in a walk on the treadmill though because I have to get 9,000 steps in today and I am only half way there. Anyway, lot of errand running this morning.

Angie~thank you! You are right...the excuse for doing it is much better than the excuse not to walk. I'm kinda stuck on this schedule and like today it felt weird not going to the park. But I know I am going to have to walk on the treadmill some days because of the weather. Hey, I didn't know pay-less sold scarves. Of course I haven't been in one in ages.

Jane~I know anyone can start a new thread but sometimes I feel a little odd doing it. But I noticed it was up there so...I bet you guys are excited and can't wait for next spring! Very exciting to build a house! My cousin in Houston...when her and her hubby bought their first house, they were there almost everyday watching the progress. They even went and counted every brick that was going to be put on the house!! I would want to watch the progress but count the bricks?! Too many...the whole house was brick and it was a two-story. They were really excited though. Have a good lunch and shopping trip with Caylin.

Katiecat~I always went through Yahoo!Photos and it was/is easy to start an album. DD uses photobucket and likes it. She says it's easy also and I was thinking about trying it next.

Katy~I have to say, I am very committed to my walking. After the 6 weeks then she goes on to power walking. I may not reach that level that she has in the book but I will continue to walk. I'm thinking it was my allergies that were zapping my energy because the last few days I am feeling it and I do like starting my day with a walk. The pictures are GREAT! So cute!!!

Susan~yes, what is a venti? Too funny girly! I am picturing you with ripped clothes and meeting Katy at the gym with a margarita in hand at 6 am!!!

Just handed over Josh's truck key to the tow truck driver. I drove it not too long ago and then went to drive it again and while it would start, it wouldn't go into gear. It felt like it was going to but nothing. Wouldn't go in reverse or drive and am just now getting around to taking it to the local mechanic. Figured he didn't really need it so what's the hurry! It needs to be driven though and not just sit in the drive-way. I told him about it and he said "What did you do to my truck!" Anyway, now I have got to get some laundry done and vacuum. I will be running around tomorrow too and just won't have time to do it then and I am not liking the messy look.

Take care ladies and have a good day! Chat with ya later!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am sorry to say to all you ladies who are working outside the home....I never know if it is Hump Day or any other day unless I look at the calendar or date on the puter. One of the perks of being retired! lol.. Of course it does make it awkward when I finally realize it is Sunday and have to rush to church in dis-array.
That said, I do know it is Hump Day today..thank you Jane.

Another good day for me. I walked over 2 miles this a.m. and did the 15 minute exercise. I added 3 minutes of kick backs so it is now an 18 minute routine. I have only done it 3 days and already have more energy. Now to do as well with the food!

Nothing going on otherwise today, just some odds and ends around the house. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for lunch. We have been buddies since sixth grade..yikes! That's a long time ago for us. Need to go to the fabric store and get some interfacing so I can finish DGS's robe. Then will also buy groceries while I am out and about.
My neighbor, who I walk with, has the nerve to leave town again for 5 days. Now I will have to twist hubbies arm to get a walking partner. Either that or use the treadmill.
It is cooler and feeling Fall-like today. Love it!

BBL for some individuals.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Susan - I haven't weighed since I moved because the scale is on the back enclosed back porch and just like every floor in the house, it's unlevel! Katie says it's weighing too light but isn't consistant. I do know my jeans are tighter, though!

Angie - it's 5 1/2 points for 2 graham crackers and 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter. And well worth it! The protein and fat in the peanut butter will carry you to lunch. Btw, if you haven't tried the cinnamon ones, give them a try. (not the low fat)

Sue - I only know what day it is because the computer tells me so, lol. I love meeting old friends (and new ones!) for lunch, and I have a whole network of lunch buddies. Does a body good, right? The weather is supposed to be a high of 65 tomorrow here in S. IN. How about up by you? Btw, hope you stop in at the "Gathering" thread and give your opinion.

Cristi - we aren't making any for-sure plans until January, which is only 3 months away. After Neal is done with school, we'll know more then. I just can't think about it anymore, since I don't know where we will be after the house is torn down, if we build in this exact site. We might move right behind this one, if the same septic system can be used. That way, we could still use this well, and still have some trees. Then we could tear down the house after we move into the new one. But we'd be losing the cellar, which houses the water pump, etc. <sigh>

Katy - I told Caylin I'd be taking the toys to my house, and would give them to her at her party, and she didn't say anything. No whining, or complaining at all. We had a good lunch, and a fun time.

Tomorrow I'm watching my little great-niece (Briley) who is 10 months old. Her dad is my nephew and godchild, and I'm looking forward to having her. Mary and the kids will be in town most of the day, so I'm on my own, lol.

Have a good evening, and I'll try to pop in tomorrow sometime.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

Very tired but can't sleep. Tried to take a nap but just couldn't. Hoping that once all the traffic (friends and other family) at my brothers house is done, that my little brother and sister can come over and visit for awhile. Get some peace & quiet since the two of them have been on the go since this weekend.

I want to thank you ALL for all the well wishes and warm thoughts. Means so much to me. You are all a great group of women!

Lets see if I can catch up a little on individuals here:

Cristi--Thank you so much for the card. I got it today! It meant a lot to me. The funeral was today so for me, the timing was perfect. I needed a smile. I have to say, you are doing a marvelous job on your walking!! So very proud of you! Once I get my emotions under control I plan on moving my butt!! Walking sounds like a great place to start.

Katy--James wasn't able to get any time off. Especially since he's in Utah right now. Sure wish he could have been here w/me to lean on. But he's called me everyday, maybe two or three times a day just to talk. So he's been very supportive for where he's at.

Angie--The plumber DID finally arrive. Around 4:45!! I couldn't believe it. He even told me that he almost called to cancel. I thinking "what the #$%#???" Why would he even think about cancelling? Apparently he doesn't do under house plumbing. For goodness sakes!! He had his son w/him so he had his son go under and fix it. (yes, his son is part of the business ) Anyway...no more leaks....for now.

Katie--Yahoo is where I go too. Sometimes photobucket. I'm looking forward to your photos. I'm sure you had a wonderful time!!

Jane--Oh yes...the landlord paid the plumbing! I would have a fit if I had to pay. Especially since the last time we had one over, he said that other pipes need replaced. Is my landlord waiting for all the to burst and then have them fixed?? Why not save money and get it all done and over with?? Some times I wonder about people who are penny pinchers.

Susan--So glad to hear that your daughter has moved in w/you! How nice it must be to have her home w/you!! How does she like it? How does Gaby like it?? You know, I haven't weighed myself for who knows how long! I've grown to hate that thing. So I never even give it a second look. Maybe I should and see what damage I've done!

Sue--Although I work, I'm like you, I never know what day it is!! Except Friday of coarse. My hours seem to throw me off. And when Friday comes along.....I know because everybody is celebrating!!

Hello to all the others I may have missed.

Ok...I think I'm going to call and friend and see if she needs company until my family comes over. I don't like being alone.

Take Care and hugs to all!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #14  
Give me strength

Hello to everyone...
Marti glad to know you are going to spend time alone with your simblings. And really too bad about James not being able to be there with you.

Jane,,,5 and 1/2 points? gosh Ive be come very stingy with points now and not sure I want to spare that much! lol Ill stop by Safeway tomorrow and see about buying so wafers.
I lost 3.2 lbs,,,Wed night are my weigh in. Im pretty shocked that I lost anything since I ate and ate so much this past week...and ate bad stuff. I don't think carrot cake can be considered a veggy.
We finally got our magic bullet in, we orded one and got another free, so we gave one to Brandon. We have had it for a total of 1 hour,,,hes blended 3 things already.

I made another huge batch of soup...butternut squash soup that is.
Brandon got a full time job today,,,at Supestore. Its a grocery store but they sell everything else too,,,big competition for Walmart. Hes in the toy section,,,good starting pay plus benefits.

Shawna left today,,,I didn't cry when we said goodbye,,,I did cry when I came out of my WW meeting and saw she had called right before boarding her plane and I had missed her call.

Sue when I was unemployed I didn't know one day till the next..if everyone was home late in the mornings then it was the weekend...lol

well I need to get to bed...

night all
Old 09-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #15  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Just a drive by hello - tons to do and have to get to an all staff training thing - cross town -- through backed up traffic - grrrrrrr.

Trying to decode my assisants timesheet. What days was she sick and which day did she stomp off in a huff?? I think I have to go back to the other time period - dang! Should have caught that.

Venti is the biggest size of coffee you can get at Starbucks - Grande is the medium size........I don't know what the smallest size is because I never go there.........lol. I think Venti is 20 oz, something like that.

Gabster went to grandma's today. R & R are doing good - Beck got in trouble with the whole class for doing spit balls against the wall. Rach got in trouble for defending her with one of the counselors. *roll eyes*............Rach is waaaaaay to old for her age.

I told them at 10 pm last night to go to bed. They were talking with some guy they met at the library last Saturday. He kind of likes Rebecca, he is kind of 15 years old and kind of looks like Napoleon - I kind of want him for myself..........jk!

Waaaaay too young and he walks. I want someone with at least a bike *snicker* a girl has to have standards.

anyway - so no one is weighing?? lol Someone will have to bring a scale when we meet and we can weigh in front of everyone - Critsi can have a bullhorn and announce the weight to everyone. Fun, huh?? I will be in charge of entertainment - lol

yikes - best get !!
Closed Thread