Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2005, 05:56 AM   #1  
Tired of being fat!

S/C/G: 335/319/165

Height: 5'11

Talking Day 1 Success...

I hope this is in the right place.

Today, is the day I dropped the excuses and started to do something about "me". Yesterday I bought a scale and realized that I had topped 330lbs...

Typical day for me starts at 11am, includes NO exercise (does walking to fridge count? ), and includes eating all of the worst foods ever, soda, NO water whatsoever, etc.

Day one Goals: Exercise 20 minutes 2x
Drink 4 cups of water and NO soda
Eat no fast food and No Chocolate

Well today I have already met most of my day one goals and its not even 6 am!

I got up this morning at 4:30 am ( I could NOT believe it). I drank 1 cup of water. Stretched while listening to some music. Took my 2 dogs for a 20 minute walk, which ended up being more running than walking LOL, came back and drank another cup of water, and I feel great.

Seeing as how the day hasn't really begun yet, I am so motivated to not let my efforts go to waste, so I will be extra cautious of the choices that I make.

Hey, its not much but its a start!!! AND... I can take a shower, and get back in the bed. And most of the work is done for the day. This is wonderful! Woohoo.
time4aChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #2  
Determined

Good job girl!! That is an awesome start. Best of luck, and if you need support or start to have a hard time just come on here and post or read about how great some of the members have done. That's been very helpful for me so far. Congratulations!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

YAAAAY
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:18 AM   #4  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Sounds like success to me!

Excellent start, time4achange. Really, each day can be a beginning, and I hope you feel really good about this. This site is great for someone starting out, too. Come here often when you feel your resolve being tested. I'm relatively new to the site, and I really like it. It's a great reminder of what you are doing and why!
Welcome!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Great job
You can do this dont let go of the healthier you that you want to know.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #6  

Hey don't begrudge small beginnings. I'm proud that you are taking this stand for yourself. The best to you and I know you can reach your dreams come on you can do it.
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #7  
Tired of being fat!

aww thanks so much everyone!! when you have GENUINE support and encouragement it makes a world of difference!

Well I am going to go on a 20-30 minute walk later this evening (if the rain lets up). If not, I'll do something inside (maybe situps/pushups/etc) to give me that extra boost!

And then tonight I'll sit down and write out my goals for tomorrow!!
yaaaaaaay.. thanks again!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #8  
Determined

Good job time4achange. I like your name. Something to try as time goes on and that I found helpful when I started out is the walk away the pounds video. I moved from Washington state, so I know how the rain can put a damper on your fitness plans. Congrats on a successful first day!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:02 AM   #9  
Tired of being fat!

Thanks everyone
Well it is DAY TWO and I almost couldnt drag myself out of bed. I set the alarm clock for 4 am, but decided that I'd just sleep in and do it "later"... i almost had myself fooled. I know good and well that if I didn't get up, I was NOT gonna be doing it later. The truth of the matter is that the early mornings (even though I hate mornings) is the best time for me to do it! One because its still dark out when I go to walk/run the dogs (so I dont have to get all pretty, pretty and all that ), and 2 because I don't like for people to "see" me exercise. It just does something to me.
So here it is an hour later, I'm just now getting up, but I did it! I almost set myself up trying to "kid" myself but I had to realize that no one is FORCING me to do this, I want to do this because it is TIME FOR A CHANGE, and if I don't do this it will NEVER get done!

ok, gonna grab the dogs and go for a walk, and I can still come back and get some more sleep! Have a good day everyone, and be sure to reach your goals for today!