Old 09-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #1  
30lbs gone forever!!

Default I think it's time to get going again.

Starting school, switching from a night owl to a morning person, and having dh sick and stuck in bed for 4 weeks threw me for a loop! I think I've finally settled in to a routine again, and am getting back on track with my diet now. I will begin posting weigh-ins again on Monday.
I have to admit that I haven't done THAT bad this past month, I haven't gained, but I haven't lost a darn thing either. (I am continuing to lose inches though thankfully.) I've been eating pretty much on plan, but for the past week or two I've been soooo tired that I just haven't had the energy to exercise. Now that I've gotten my energy back, I'm ready to start again.
I plan to start slow, by adding a brisk 45 minute walk during my lunch hour to my days while at school. I'm also vowing to eat 100% on plan for at least 3 weeks before giving myself a treat day.... I really want to make eating healthy a habit again. I guess that takes me to October 15th without going off plan, I can do that.
Hopefully I will be posting more now that I have gotten used to my new routine, I sure missed this place while I was gone.
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #2  

I am in the same place. I start back to school Monday and along with my other classes I have signed up for two PE classes. One is a general fitness classes using weights and exercise machines and the other is yoga. I am sort of dreading seeing all the people in the gym and am already feeling self conscious. I decided to do this because I need to exercise and since I am taking it at school I have to keep it up or I will lose the credits. We will see what happens. I have to go out and get some decent clothes workout in. I usually just work on my own and am out walking at 4 am so no one sees me. I don't feel I can wear my ratty old sweat pants in public. I just hope to God there is some else overweight in there besides me. It is tough already being old enough to be a lot of these student's mom let alone being the only fat one.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  
*squish*squish*

S/C/G: 276/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm with you guys! For the first time in about 2 months, I started exercising again on Thursday. My only problem right now is eating right again. I don't overeat, but what I do eat isn't what it should be, so I need to get that straightened out. I need to start exercising a little more though. I only use my exercise bike and a toning band right now. I think I'm going to buy a few videos to workout to and start walking in the morning.
What's getting me going is the vision of a thinner me. Oh, and also the thought of being able to walk without my thighs rubbing together! I don't even remember the last time I didn't feel my legs rub together when I walk, and I'm only 17. I want to enter adulthood healthily. I don't want to grow up and be like everyone else in my family--overweight and unhealthy. So, I'm making the lifestyle changes I need to make.
Congrats on how well you guys have done so far!
squishy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

Hey, it's great to see you guys back at it! I know life can tend to get in the way of even our best intentions, but as long as you just keep at it, day after day, it will make a difference. Plus you'll learn to incorporate this whole diet and exercise thing into your regular lives, and be able to keep at it in spite of life's obstacles. As I'm sure you've realized, life goes on no matter what the scale says. So keep it up ladies, and do what ever it takes to make this work for you.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote