Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 06:03 PM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi everyone - my turn to start a thread for a change! Happy St David's Day ... doesn't seem to have caught on as much as St Patrick's, but Welsh Cakes and Rarebit are very yummy and leeks are full of nutrients. I don't know what the Welsh national drink is but Im betting cider is in there somewhere...

Just back from the Doc's - had a checkup. Height, weight, blood tests etc etc etc. I found out from my notes that when I started college in 1993 I weighed 100 kilos (220lbs). I had no idea it was that much! So now I weigh less than I did at 18, which is ace. And I also have a big cotton wool and tape thingy on my arm from the blood tests (but at least I didn't faint this time...).

Spent over an hour playing in the chatroom last night - Brenda came to say hello! Bren, that was so funny, because just before you someone called Kim came and I wondered if it was our Kim, but she turned out to be a Grandmother so I guess it wasn't (unless there's something you're not telling us, Kim!). It was fun - the people were so friendly and at one point there were about 12 of us. Recommended!

Anyway, better dash - will pop back later. I am writing a CV at the mo http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif

hugs,
Lxxx

------------------
257SW- 211CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 03-01-2001, 07:17 PM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning All,

Achoo, I seem to have the sniffles this morning. I am on my way to Ottawa to check out the college I am most likely going to next year. I also have to start looking at apartments, unless I get the historical interpreter job in Montreal this summer, I have decided to live and work (hopefully) in Ottawa for the summer. My term paper didn't go well yesterday, but hey it was the last episode of Temptation Island!

Lolly: My mother got me at 12am with the "a pinch a punch for the first day of the month". Congrats on weighing less than you did when you were 18!!!! That is great

Ah, March, hopefully it'll be a March with 15-20C days which tease us of the summer that is appraoching. Then again it could be a repeat of 1992 when the warmest day in March was like 1C. As of course they say in like a Lion and out like a Lamb.... March always seems like the longest month to me.

Take Care!

Ali (who's having Red Lobster for Lunch!!!!)
Old 03-01-2001, 08:15 PM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Hello 20-somethings!!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days, but real life gets in the way sometimes!
Ali welcome to beautiful Ottawa! If you come this summer we'll have to hook up. Start looking for places to stay now, 'cause it's a nightmare here!
Temptation Island was such a bore last night. I actually fell asleep as Kayak was talking. What a letdown. I hope Survivor will be good tonight!
Have a wonderful day, ladies!

------------------
229/160/165(WW)
Old 03-01-2001, 08:32 PM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, McDonald's happened last night. I was doing so well, then BAM, my hubby got the coupon for free extra value meals and the next thing I knew, I had eaten one. Oh well, it is behind me and I will start over today. This week has not been great. I am really looking forward to weigh in so that I can put it behind me and start again. Oh, and to top it all off, I am sick with a coldthing. Yuck.

On the plus side, today is "treat day" at work (first of every month) and it is these big muffins. so far, I have said no. Of course, it is only 8:30am...but they should eb all gone by 10 or so. If I can just stay out of the kitchen I will be ok.

Lolly: I am going to order your book just as soon as I get off of here. Yah for you!!! and also yah for you for being less then you were 18!!! That is GREAT!

Ali: I hope you find a great place to live. I have never been to Ottawa or Montreal, just Toronto. Don't worry about the term paper, I bet it is very good.

Lola: I have become a Survivor adict. I really hate geri. She was on this show Blind Date yesterday. Very funny in a pathetic sort of way.

Brenda: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And yes, at 26 you can no longer matabolize beer...oh, did I mention it just goes down hill from here. Next thing you know, one beer will put you to sleep.

Ok, need to get to work. Hello to everyone else. Hope all is well. I will check in later.

Trish
193.2/186.2/155?
5'10"
Old 03-01-2001, 08:51 PM   #5  
Parrothead

Good Morning all! Today is so nasty here weather-wise. Rainy and super cold (40 degrees F). I almost skipped work, but I have way too much to do by the end of day. WI went better than I expected. I lost 0.6#, not a huge loss but good since I haven't journaled in 2 weeks and I didn't make it to WI last week. I think I can do better this week and get on track. I have a wedding to go to next Saturday, so I need to start preparing.

Lolly ~ congrats on the good check up! I go in a couple of weeks. There is a major shortage of docs here, so it took me a month just to get an appointment! Hopefully it will go well since I've been healthier lately.

Ali ~ Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are aweful here because there are so many trees that pollinate(sp?). I can't imagine living in such cold conditions I am such a wimp. Although in the summer ya'll will probably hear me whine about the 100+ tempatures! This past summer was pretty bad. We had a wedding shower Sept 5 and it turned out to be the hottest day ever recorded. I think it was 110 degrees F, but I'm not sure.

I haven't been to Red Lobster in years. I'm not that big of a fan of seafood. I'll eat fish if I caught it and shrimp if its not too mushy. We have a seafood place down here called Pappadeaux. It is the best! They have spicy cajun seafood and the best homemade french bread anywhere. They also make Greek Salad and Caesar salad at your table. I highly recommend it! My only problem with seafood is that I have a hard time eating it if the restaurant is farther than an hour or two from the coast. I'm just weird like that.

Lola ~ I caught the last bit of temptation island and I agree, it wasn't too exciting. I watched the last episode of the mole before, so I was still coming down from that. I'm proud of myself fo figuring out that the girl was the mole a couple of episodes back. I soooo want to apply for the show now.

Anyway I must get to work

chat with all of you ladies and gentleman later!

Kay
164/143.6/135(WW)/130(personal)
Old 03-01-2001, 09:05 PM   #6  
Go Avalanche!!

OK, someone please slap me. I was OK op and then hubby wanted Mexican food (minus the Margarita). Then I ate cheesecake at home. I also got an apple fritter this morning that is now a huge lump in my stomach. I’m entertaining thoughts of Tae bo tonight. It will be funny to see how the dog deals with me jumping around the room. He’ll probably think I’m playing with him and nip at me. We’ll see.

Kim: I saw the preview for the Bridget Jones movie last night. I should have known Hugh Grant would be in it. You are totally right that it’s a chick flick! Hmmm and night of cocktails and male bashing *evil grin* (No offense Jason!)

Suzanne: I think that’s a really reasonable goal! I know you can do it. I want to be to goal by the first full week of June. That’s about 1.9 pounds a week for me. A little aggressive maybe, but I need to get on track. I’m at 2 ½ years of this and I need to get the ball rolling for good!

Casey: What’s with the Red Lobster fetish going around lately?

Lolly: It’s been soooo long since I have been in a chat room. I could barely keep up!

Ali: I kept hearing that lion/lamb saying this morning on the radio. Will you please enlighten me as to what it means?

Trish: Thanks for the birthday wishes, but was that post supposed to make me feel better? Here’s my master plan. To get to goal I need to get my regular exercise regimen back. When I do that and get to goal I will have more energy, feel better and be able to stay awake after one beer! Sound like a plan to you? heheheheheheheeeee

Kay: It was almost like Temptation Island was anti-climatic you know? Why is it I felt like I wanted them to break up? I feel awful saying that. I'm glad it's over. Now I have my Wednesday nights back!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 03-01-2001, 09:23 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

I am slightly allergic to seafood so I never got into Red Lobster too much, but b/f loves seafood, being a maritimer, so we do that lots...

Well..

BARENAKED LADIES ROCKED LAST NIGHT!!! OH my god, they are so funny - I think this is the best tour I have seenof theirs so far! It was b/f's first time and he had a blast....he was laughing through the whole thing. Then we argued cuz I said the chubby lead (not Ed, the other guy, can't remember his name) was sexy - he sings awesome and preforms well and is confident - b/f said no, he is not attractive - big arguement. I think its about confidence. He doesnt - he says it works for girls, not for Barenaked Ladies....oh well......he did agree that his voice rocks and he is a wicked preformer as well.

All in all with b/f I have had a good week - he has mellowed, no calls from the ex while I've been there at all, and we have had fun again - I went home once this week andwill go home again tonite before the weekend....so I guess my Austerity Plan is working....?

On a WW note, I have been walking everywhere - and the weather is so nice!! 13C yesterday...so its nice to walk around more.

I decided to go to V-ball after all tonight, and b/f will too if he doesn't go to a job interview.

Well I have seen the preview for that movie too - I thought it looked cute - but I'll read the book first I think so I don't ruin it witht he movie...I like to do that.

Lolly - I will buy your book!! whenever I can.

Trish and Bren - those darn hubbies - always making you eat at places you don't want to....I can relate -last night was a BP's fetish for him - so lasagna and greek salad, good thing I had a low point day so far...yikes.

Well, I am getting a cold and have cramps and must work now, sadly.....

I'll check in later, have a good St. David's day, whatever that is Lolly!!

Hello to everyone else.

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 03-01-2001, 09:34 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Lola: Yes definately we should meet this summer. I am going to the housing office at Algonquin today to see about off-campus housing (NO MORE REZ!!!). I hopefully will be doing a museum studies course there next year. If not a course to become a paralegal (my parents want me to do Law School, I may do that later, but not now).

Trish: Montreal rocks, you should visit during the summer, it is just awesome. Ottawa is a fab place to be on July 1st for Canada day and is also nice in the spring.

Kay: you get used to the cold, but when it's under -5C (like it has been for most of this winter) I get grumpy. Summers here are fabulous though are temps are usually in the 80sF or so, though they are humid.

Brenda: I love Red Lobster, they have none in Quebec so when I go to Ottawa I usually go. The saying just means when March first comes it's nasty bad weather( Lion), but when it ends it is usually nice spring like weather (Lamb).

Take Care!

Ali

243.4/166.2/155
Old 03-01-2001, 09:40 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Belle: Yes, the concert I saw was awesome too, I am glad you had a great time! I think Steve Page is sexy too! He's also lost a lot of weight from years ago though, but he does look great even if he's still a little chubby (not that that matters), . If I had a boyfriend with a voice like that I'd be in heaven.

Take Care!
Ali

(who's waiting for her mom to get finished getting ready, she(ali's mom) is also doing well on the weight loss thing <she could take her wedding rings off for the first time in 20 years>, but has yet to do well on the punctuality thing )

[This message has been edited by Sweater Girl (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:21 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

The boards are on fire this morning!! I haven't had time to read the posts properly!
My boss keeps running in and out of my office so I can't "sneak" away!
Casey: Good luck at WI!! I love Red Lobster!
That's where my fiance took me on our 2nd date and I squirted him while trying to crack my crab legs. I guess it didn't bother him too much.
Ok, I must go but I want to post to everyone properly this afternoon. I have lots to say

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 03-01-2001, 10:38 PM   #11  

Morning all! It's definitely March here in NY - everything turned "windy" as of yesterday. I can handle the cold, but I HATE windy.

I can't wait to see some signs of spring ... especially Daffodils. And today would be a good day for some potato and leek soup. Mmmm... do we obsess about food, or what?

I am awaiting the arrival of $40 worth of Girl Scout cookies from my sister in Iowa. I couldn't support my LOCAL troop, but I had to import my cookies. Tee-hee! I was objective enough to order the low fat ones in additions to the "good" ones.

Tonight is Duran Duran! Wee doggies! We're getting into the city early today so we can meet up and hang out before the show. I bet the Bare Naked Ladies put on a great show. I've only heard their radio played songs though. Oddly enough I usually go to concerts before I buy any CD and THEN I become obsessed. Humh ...

I have so much reading to catch up on for my graduate class. Imagine if I took 2 of them?

Last night I made a grilled tuna steak on my little George Foreman grill and it was yummy. Nothing like a BBQ though ... I love things char-broiled and well done too.

It seems like a lot of us are going over points by the end of the day. Could it be because it's the winter time? I know that's what my problem is.

Have to end short ...

Have a great day if I don't get to check in

Debbie

------------------
"Don't expect your life to change without some effort on your part."
Old 03-01-2001, 10:42 PM   #12  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone! I'm back: boss is on a smoke break.
I've decided to take on excercise and give up ice cream for lent. I hope I'm sucessful!
Lolly: That's awesome about your book! I'll have to search for it. Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers.
Ali: I'm sorry your catching a cold! I think I've finally gotten rid of mine, but now my fiance is sick. And I thought I was a wimp!
Lola: I noticed your signature. Are you a lifetime member? That's really cool!
Trish: Bad Muffins! Ignore their little voices! I'm ignoring the Hershey Kiss voices calling to me from the receptionist's desk! I hope you start feeling better. Consider the Free Mickie D's comfort food for your cold.
Kay: Hey a loss of anything is great! Way to go!
Brenda: Happy birthday!! I'll go to the gym after Survivor if you do Tae Bo. Deal?
Belle: I'm glad things are going better with b/f! Have fun this weekend.
Sorry if I missed anyone! I'm frantically typing before my boss comes back.
We're going to Houston this weekend for a racing awards banquet. I'm excited b/c some of those people haven't seen me in a year and I want to WOW them. I just hope I can stay away from the free beer! eek!
Here she comes...I'd better get.
Have a great day!

PS--I didn't forget you Debbie! Welcome Back!
Wedding plans are going great!
------------------
Stacey
235.7/182.7/160

[This message has been edited by StaceyT (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:42 PM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello, I am back on a little work break. Buy the way, the muffins are NOT gone from the kitchen. So far, I have resisted but it has been a close thing.

Kay: good job at weigh in! See, you have made habits and you did not even know it. Boy, I really wish it was as WARM as 40 here. It is like 19 today. Yuck. I so want spring (but I am so not ready for the clothes yet.)

Brenda: that sounds like a good beer plan. This weeknd I had two beers and I about fell out of my chair. When I ordered my second, my hubby gave me this look like "I am not carting your drunk @ss back to the hotel." Boy, the good old days when I could drink like (sad to say) 8 or so beers in a night (maybe even more, yikes). See what you all have to look forward to.

Belle: glad you had a good time at the BNL concert. You know, I really think men and women find different things attractive in other people. Funny how that works. For example, my hubby thinks that Tom Jones is attractive and that all women must love him. While I admire him as a performer, I don't think he is so much attractive. I am with Lolly, I like Mr. Darcy!!!!!

Ali: you are smart to think long and hard before going to law school. It is hard and EXPENSIVE. My hubby is a lawyer and we will be paying for this law school for a LONG time. In fact, our payments back to good old Northwestern LS are more than our morgage! Yikes. I also read somewhere that one of the most lucrative positions in the next ten years would be the paralegal.

Stacey: funny story with the date. Don't you hate it when the boss butts into internet time! LOL

Ok, I guess with that I should get back to work.

TRish

Stacey, glad you got back. Tell those little kisses to go away.

Debbie: have fun at Duran Duran. I loved them in HS. Now, is it the real band or just like Simon LaBon (is that how you spell it) and then a bunch of other Duran Duran want to bes? They are coming to Chicago, but I could not get tickets. Sold out!

Got to go, trish

[This message has been edited by Trish O (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Trish O (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 11:47 PM   #14  
Go Avalanche!!

Have taken combative measures. Put Girl Scout cookies out for office vultures. Hurrah!!! Now, to find the willpower to give away the other 7 boxes I have coming. I’ll just have DH hide his Samoa’s and pretend the rest are poisonous.

I can tell I’m trying to get back on track. The munchies are here in full force. That’s the hardest part about getting back on track. Eating carrots now and they are far from satisfying. I feel the need for a pick me up. Off I go for coffee.

Belle: Keep it up. Focus on being Belle and the rest will just fall into place! I’m so proud of you!

Ali: Thanks for the explanation. I could eat at Red Lobster once a week if the checkbook and points would allow it. We are lucky (???) enough to have one just down the street.

Trish: I got a great chuckle at your husbands look. I hear you girl!!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 03-02-2001, 12:10 AM   #15  
Parrothead

Well it's lunch break time! I decided on the low-fat small Quiznos and some baked Lays. Yum...I had to move desks so now I sit smack dab in the middle of the sales team. They are OK, but it gets really loud over here and hard to concentrate on my writing. The guys in our office are also creatons at times (burping, cussing, etc). You'd think that their mommies, wives, or girlfriends would be mortified if they knew! Luckily I've chewed them out a couple of times for the nasty jokes.

Stacey ~ I'm from Houston originally, so if you need any good places to go I can help you out. I highly recommend Ruggles if you want a good meal. Don't ask to see the dessert try...It gets me in trouble every time. There's also a South American place called Churrascos that is excellent (can you tell that I'm super food obsessed today). Anyway, have a good time!

I can totally relate to the tolerance(sp?) thing! I'm only 25 and cannot drink nearly as much as I did as a youngin. Maybe I just started drinking too young!

Brenda ~ My DH can be like that too. He's naturally thin and has a very acctive job (construction Mgmt), so he can eat anywhere. The good thing now is that he's frugal, so we don't eat out that much any more. I guess it's a blessing in disguise that he wants to save $.

Well, hello to everyone else! I need to jet.
Kay

------------------
kay
164/143.6/135(WW)/130(Personal)
Closed Thread