Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 01:50 AM   #16  

hello all,

Today has started pretty well. I did my taxes this morning and I am going to get $900 back...not too shabby. It's going right into savings!

I stretched last night before I went to bed. I'm gradually going to get back into working out now that my body has forgotten what that is I don't want to shock it.

I've done well so far with food today, yogurt and an apple. I don't eat much in the morning. I'm going to get a veggie sandwich now. I decided to give sweets up for Lent. I think I can do it. Well, have a good rest of the day all!

Suzanne

Old 03-01-2001, 01:51 AM   #17  
Eve's Mom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!! You didnt tell me yours was coming up too, fellow Picsean!!

I want to read that book something awful - must purchase it!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 03-01-2001, 03:24 AM   #18  
flibbertobbergenie!

Brenda, isn't Bridget Jones the funniest? Belle - you HAVE to read it, you will totally get the emotional f***wittage stuff! I am on tenterhooks for the film. They even got Colin Firth for Mark Darcy which is bizarrely self-referential given that he played Mr Darcy and appears in the book as himself! One of my American friends read both books and announced he considered himself an expert in British culture - I shall test you all.

And while we're talking about books, you can find mine on amazon.co.uk if you search under Castelao (the original author). It costs £6.75 and it's not available just yet, but you can order it. I checked on amazon.com but it wasn't there. Disgrace!

Belle - enjoy BNL. I only know the one song of theirs ('One Week') but it cracks me up.

Emily, Brenda - yay! you're back! how are things? And Brenda:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
squashed tomatoes and stew
bread and butter in the gutter
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

(a traditional English rhyme there, possibly invented by someone who had been on a diet recently ...)

Suzanne - woo hoo! on the taxes. Very diligent to put it right in savings. I'd be in the shops before the cheque had cleared!

Kay - if you want to be a teacher you should go for it. My Blokey is just in his first year, this is his third career (accountant - University lecturer) and though this doesn't pay as well, he says the job satisfaction is beyond anything he could imagine. But there's no hurry - the world will always need good teachers! What would you teach?

Aaaaaanyway ladies (and Jason, if you're out there), I have to think about going and winding down before bed. I just finished writing up a paper and a chapter so my brain is buzzing and I will never get to sleep. Maybe I'll have a nice long BUBBLE BATH...

See you tomorrow!

Lxxx

------------------
257SW- 211CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 03-01-2001, 03:38 AM   #19  
flibbertobbergenie!

Playing in the chat room if anyone wants to come and join!
Old 03-01-2001, 04:28 AM   #20  
Parrothead

Lolly ~ I really want to teach Information Systems or Business Computer Applications at the community college or high school level. I also wouldn't mind an entry level database class. I figure I'll make up my mind one day! It was sad, but I was hoping that the start-up would go under so I would have an excuse to change. Or, I was hoping to get laid off so that I could go on unemployment to apply for grad school. Sick, I know!

Anyway ~ I gotta run. I'm still trying to get in touch with my brother who lives in Portland. There was an earthquake in Seattle, so I want to make sure he's ok. Also, WI is tonight so I need to finish up a few things here before I jet.

Talk to ya'll tomorrow! ~ maybe the signature will change in a good way...

------------------
kay
164/144.2 /135

[This message has been edited by TxAggie (edited 02-28-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 04:37 AM   #21  
Go Avalanche!!

Belle: It’s not expensive, just go get it! Piscean and proud of it!

Lolly: Your little birthday ryme cracked me up! Thank you. Am I total maroon? Did I miss something? Your book. I looked it up on amazon.co.uk and found it – clear things up for me please!

Kay: Good luck at WI. I want to eventually be an elementary school teacher!

Ooooohhhhhh counted up those Girl Scout cookies. To top it off, all I want to do is go home and eat some of that cheesecake!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 03-01-2001, 04:37 AM   #22  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kay, I heard that Portland could feel it, but was OK. I have to go there in a couple weeks and hope all is well!!! Scary thought! Hope your brother is OK!

Things are nuts with me. Bad day at work... actually, horrible day. Almost set off an eating binge! BUT, I calculated my points and found out I was ok! My stomach is in knots tho! And, I got my breakfast cookies today. YUMMMM, hubby and I split one to try. Well worth the money as far as I am concerned. A co-worker saw my cookies and said next time he would order with me! I love the cookies!! Cookies and pizza! How is that for a menu!

Not much time to respond to all! Have a great day!

Jen
Old 03-01-2001, 04:54 AM   #23  
Believe it & Achieve it

Kay-

I live 30 min outside of portland. I did not feel it here at home (although everyone else around me did), but Portland had literally no damage. At least they are not reporting damage and they would have by now. Just letting you know.
Old 03-01-2001, 04:57 AM   #24  
Parrothead

Thanks for the Portland update. I'm sure he's OK. It's just a scary thought. He works at the University of Portland, so I'm sure I would have heard if anything was wrong.
~Kay
Old 03-01-2001, 04:57 AM   #25  
A Yankee in Virginia

Just wanted to say, I love Bridget Jones! The first book was better than the second one, but such fun. It's definitely going to be a movie to go with a bunch of girlfriends to! I can't wait.

It's 6 p.m. and I'm sooo behind. I'm never going to get out of here tonight and I need to go shopping! I'm out of everything, cotton balls, contact stuff, toothpaste, dog food, and I have to get stuff for Saturday! After the awards banquet, my paper has a suite reserved for a party and I'm supposed to be helping plan. We're doing a Cuban theme, with lots of salsa music and rum drinks.

later ...

Kim
Old 03-01-2001, 05:00 AM   #26  

Hey Ladies,

Okay I think I just found my motivation~it's a little vain but of course it's not my only motivation. I just went thru a summer catalog and saw all these great tankini bathing suits then I got visions of me wearing one of these things. So that's it, I am making my goal to wear a tankini this summer. I think 30 pounds by July/August is reasonable.

Okay I just wanted to publically announce that so now I am accountable for that goal.

Thanks
Suzanne
Old 03-01-2001, 08:28 AM   #27  
CM
Chick

Hi everyone!! I had a really great day today! My boyfriend and I were both off work today, so we went to Red Lobster for lunch I am so stuffed, I didn't eat breakfast I know that's a no-no but I slept in and by the time I got ready it was time to leave. Well I am still full so I guess another no-no I am skipping dinner my points are all gone but I was only over 3, including 10 margarita points. After that we spent the day together we went shopping then came home and played with the dog and did some target practice (my BF loves to hunt.) My WI is tommorrow and I am under 12.5 points for the week so I am hopeing for a good loss.

Lolly- That is great about your book. I was the same size as you when I got fed up

Stacey- Congrats on WI anything down is good

Kim- If I had lost as much as you I'd be proud of my little(to me) waist.

Kay- Have you decided what to give up for Lent? I know this is horrible but I have been so busy it slipped up on me and I forgot. I will probably give up cokes. P. S. I have relatives in seattle an they have checked in and are fine.

Brenda- Bridget Jones' Diary is one of my favorites, but I haven't had time to pick up the second.

Hi to everyone else.

Casey
204.5/187.75/160 disney world/120-ish

I just read this and am sorry about the run-on sentence/paragraph.

[This message has been edited by CM (edited 02-28-2001).]
Closed Thread