Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 08:37 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of August 19

Hey better late than never!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a great day of swimming and grilling today...It felt good to swim all day with Refman and the kids at my brothers house...When they are playing, it is like we have the day to ourselves....

Ok..new week, new day!!!!!!!We will excercise all week except Thursday and eat healthy!!!!!I have been PMSing or preg hormoning some bad this weekend....Who knows which!!!

Setina=WElcome back!!!jUst say helloo on occasion!!I am soo sorry about the migraine situation....

Time for bed !!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-20-2001 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2001, 08:53 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I have been horrible this weekend. Yesterday was a party at DH's brother's house...ate way too much, burger, dog, salads, desserts. Today was a party at my brother's house, ate too much again - pasta, sausage & peppers, chicken fingers, icecream cake...UGH!! It wasn't tons of each item, but I'm sure I was not OP.

RR- You're right, this is a new week. I am going to Weis tomorrow after work to p/u more Lean Cuisines, they're on sale half price or something this week.

Setina- Nice to see you...just pop in when you feel like it! Hope things work out soon with the migraines!

Gotta run, have a great evening all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 08-19-2001, 09:54 PM   #3  
A princess in the making!

Okay I am in for an OP week. I won't make my LD goal but I have to start
with one day. So tomorrow is the day and the week I get my @ss on track!

I will journal all week
I will drink all my water
I will excerise everyday!!!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 04:06 AM   #4  
Pink Thingy

Default Whoopsss...

I sat down at the computer on Sunday morning to start a new thread, and got distracted, then went out and never got home until early Monday -

I went jogging on Friday morning, Friday evening hubby and I went skating. Saturday I had a skating lesson and then practised for an hour afterwards. Not been too bad on the water, but may(!!!) have gone over on a few days. I am just hoping that the exercise may have saved me this week.

Pryia - good luck with with your plans to journal, drink and exercise all week.
LBH - OP - what's that. I think my big thing this week will be to only eat my points (and not go over) for a whole week. I seem to be able to do a couple of days, and then I slip and I find that weekends are my worst time.
RR - why no exercise on Thursday?
Setina - nice to know you are still lurking. Hope you are feeling better soon.

To anyone I have missed out - hi and I hope you all have a really good week.

Old 08-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm back to being insanly busy this week, but I am making sure I pop in here once or twice a day!

BFB- OP means On Program...or within points! I am determined to be OP all this week. And I'm determined to have a loss come WI Wednesday.

OK, gotta run and do some work...
Old 08-20-2001, 10:02 AM   #6  

HELLO

3 days op and I am feeling so good about it! Each day is a challenge to get through, but I'm making it.

RR - did you lose track of the month??

Watermelon - hello! So nice to hear from you. Sorry that those migraines are still troubling you.

Lauren - wow, sounds like a tough weekend to get through. Good luck this week.

Pryia - I am doing the same thing you are. I've been journaling everyday, exercising, and staying totally op. Good luck!

BFB - Jogging and skating sound like great exercising! I went biking and golfing. So nice when the weather is good.

have a great day all. I will be moving ds back to school . It will be difficult food-wise also. Must stick to it!

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 08-20-2001, 10:09 AM   #7  

Hi all,

Hope things are going well on the new goals. Every step forward is so important.

Thanks to LBH, I am now journaling and I can't imagine anything being more helpful. I have found that I am generally OP as far as food goes. However, even when I think I am being "good" about coke and alcohol, I generally have 7-10 points worth a day!!!

So, am now bound and determined to have no more that 1 coke/alcoholic drink in any given day. (Since Thursday, I have only had 4...Unfortunately they were all on the same day!) I am also working on the exercise thing, Went to the gym Friday and am on my way today.

Pyria - Good luck with the goals for the week. You can do it!

The New Rabbit -- Go rabbit, Go! Staying OP is so tough, but the results are well worth it!

LBH -- Thanks again for the advice - I have the feeling Journaling will be a huge help. Sorry to hear about the weekend! You may not have been totally OP, but think how much worse it could have been. It is so hard to stay OP with all kinds of food around, I think it is a success to be able to say it wasn't too bad!

BFB and TechAlum - Sounds like you both have a LOT going on. Good for both of you for keeping the lifestyle changes you are making in mind through the busy times!

173/164/160(LD)/135
Old 08-20-2001, 11:16 AM   #8  
Donna

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't written in a while, things have been pretty hectic for me. I was looking at my calendar and since the first of the month I've had 3 days (including weekends) where I didn't have something besides work scheduled. Things being so busy makes it really hard to stick to a meal plan and get in exercise. Of course being lazy doesn't help either .

Well K accepted an offer on his house, so we made an offer on the one that we liked. If everything goes according to plan we should move the 2nd week of Oct. after we get home from Maine. I am so glad that is one less thing to worry about . The wedding shower was this weekend. After all the head-aches about the planning, it went really well. We have enough towels and wine glasses to outfit an army . We need to take stock this week and figure out what to take back. My parents came over after the shower and we took the dogs for a walk but had to cut it short because of rain .

Well I lost a pound at WW last Tuesday, it wasn't all I'd gained the week before, but at least it wasn't another gain.

LBH - I agree with Baily, even if you weren't totally OP over the weekend, you probably did better than if you weren't conscious of your eating.

Baily - Good luck getting started. Journalling, drinking water and getting in activity (or exercise) are definitely what it takes for me to do well, I also need to plan what we're to eat during the week or I choose poorly.

Rabbit - 3 days OP . You can do it, just stay in town for a while.

BFB - Wow , that's a lot of exercise, I'm sure it'll pay off at weigh in.

Pyria - Good luck getting back on track.

RR - Sounds like you had a great weekend. Those hormones can do funny things to our bodies.

To everyone I missed - Hope you have a great week!!!!!!

- Tech
Old 08-20-2001, 03:55 PM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Motivation....

It's amazing how losing a bit can really motivate you. I'm always watching what I eat, counting my points, excercising etc.. and not much happens. I know there are days when I splurge and I definitely don't drink enough water or journal enough but I try. It's hard when nothing happens. Now I have lost about 10 pounds in the last year (not bad for no "official dieting") and I've lost another 6 since I started going to the gym regularily (since about the third week of May) and that's not real progress but you know what, I don't care. I'm enjoying life and watching really carefully during the day and enjoying the evenings and the weekends a bit more and if it happens really slowly I guess that's okay. It's only when I see nothing that I get concerned. So last week I hit the 169.5 mark but was concerned that it was way to close to 170 to go back that way but Saturday I hit the 168.5 mark and have kept it the same to this morning. (yes I weigh everyday and it may not be great but it works for me). So seeing that scale go down kept me motivated this weekend. I was out for lunch on Saturday and Sunday and out for dinner on Sunday as well. This isn't normal for me and usually it would be death but it was okay. I had the "fast food" stuff and even some Chinese but I kept the portions small because I didn't want to see the scale go back to 170 and I was successful. I really hope I can keep it up. It looks like I'll make it to my Memorial Day goal by Labour Day which may sound like I failure but I'll happily take it. That's why I didn't make a LD goal, it doesn't seem to really motivate me so I'll take it as it comes.

I just thought I'd share my thoughts for the day and I hope everyone can see that little drop in your weight that keeps you going and (hopefully) leads you to the big drop in weight.

Bailey - I'm actually jealous of people who have generally consumed that many points a day on things that are so easy to change. The coke/alcohol is not filling you up so if you exchanged it for water or at least diet drinks that would probably make a big difference in your day. I love regular coke so much but I treat it like a special treat and only have it once in a while because it seems like such a waste of 3 points. 2 cokes and i could have a chocolate bar. Okay maybe that's not the best thinking but for me, I'd rather have the chocolate. Even if you cut the intake in half to start that should help. Good Luck.

BFB - the exercise sounds great - have you gotten past the 12 minute jogging mark? Don't let your husband get you down about how long you're out for. Every little bit helps. When I run and I haven't in a while, I can only go for about the same but so what. Keep up the good work.

Hope everyone is having an OP day and week!!!!!

Elisa
Old 08-20-2001, 04:29 PM   #10  

Tech--Horray on the house!!!That is a load off the ole mind!!!!!Now U can concentrate on the wedding!!!!

Elisa-I agree about the little goals changing your attitude and making it easier to lose weight..I find when people compliment U, then it makes dieting and excercising easier...

Rabbit--Man, I went back to July!!!! Honestly, motherhood is wearing me down!!!!I went to the MD today cuz I am drained of energy and have been running fever and having headaches since last week..He did blood work to see what is happening, so I should know something Wed..

BFB-U R doing great on the excercise...The reason I dont excercise on Thursdays, is I have a second job that I do just on Thursdays soo I work 14 hrs that day...I cut back to one extra day/week since I got married in May..

Well, off to fix supper and get kids shortly!!!
RR
Old 08-21-2001, 09:14 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit/Vicki- The even funnier thing is...I didn't even notice that the date said July, not August!!

I was good yesterday, just mis-counted and came out one pt. over. But I'm proud of myself for being pretty much OP! Went shopping and picked up more Lean Cuisines, so I'm set for 2 wks. of lunch!

Tech- Congrats on getting K's house sold!! Hope you get the house you want!! And post some pics when you do!!

Bailey- Glad to hear journaling is working for you! As far as the coke/alchohol thing, try and cut it down to one coke or drink a day...it's better for you anyway! Try flavored seltzers, I think they're zero pts. I drink all water, except for my coffee in the AM, and an occaisional Iced Tea or soda. But I like water, so it's not a big deal for me, I drink close to a gallon a day.

Rabbit- Yeah for you, 3 days OP!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-21-2001, 10:30 AM   #12  

HELLO EVERYONE!

Well, I got through move-in day, and stayed op! Woohoo! 4 days. I'm on a roll. We ate at Friday's last night and I was careful with my selection (although I can't find the points anywhere, so I had to estimate).

Bailey - you are discovering the power of journaling!! It's really helpful to me. I hardly ever have any drink points, I'd always rather eat my points than drink them.

Tech - well, you certainly sound busy! Glad to hear your shower went well and the house was sold. Everything is moving right along. And congrats on the loss!

Elisa - You made so much sense. There sure is nothing wrong with slow progress. You're still moving in the right direction. It doesn't matter how long it takes. That's what I'm always telling myself. You are not a failure at all!! A failure would be to quit.

Rr - hope you're feeling better!

Lauren - some of those lean cuisines are so good.

gotta run . . .

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 08-21-2001, 12:20 PM   #13  
Pink Thingy

Talking

2.5lbs down

The exercise and water really must make a difference, because I did not stay within my points for most of the week and on Friday I had McDonalds at lunchtime and then hubby and I ate out in the evening after we went skating. However, I did not have a pudding and we shared a mixed salad starter. My challenge for this week is to only eat my points and not to go over.

LBH & Rabbit - I find staying OP such a challenge. I find it way too easy to go over and sometimes it is the silliest thing which you fancy which eats into your points. I want to do an experiment with myself to see the difference that journalling, drinking water and eating my daily allocation of points will make to my loss.
Bailey - do you drink water? I have I really big problem with water, I hate it, but I find it makes a big difference to your weight loss ( I know I have just got back on track - but before the water was making a big difference). Have you tried alternating a glass of water, with a glass of soda. Do you like diet soda? I wasn't keen either, but I now have acquired the taste and it doesn't eat into your points!
Tech - lazy is my middle name. I sometimes struggle to go and do my exercise, but I know the only person that can help me shift it is me and I always feel better afterwards. BTW - when's the wedding?
Elisa - Good for you - slow and steady is what matters and as my signature says "remember the tortoise and the hare" - just wish I took my own advice when I was going through my mad mouth disease stage
RR - hope you are feeling much better and fingers crossed for the test results.

If I've missed you out - sorry - have a good day everyone!

Old 08-21-2001, 07:24 PM   #14  

hello all!!!!
Feeling much better....I pick up all the germs from SD#2 and her daycare..It is easier to catch stuff cuz being a handicapped child she has more cooties to catch!!! But she is worth it all!!!!

BFB-Congrats on the weight loss!!!!I agree that water makes the difference...

Well off to the races!!!*L*

Hello Legal!!!!!wherever U may be!!!!
RR
Old 08-22-2001, 02:12 AM   #15  

Default I'm home!! for today anyway!

Hi! We're back from the show in Lexington KY. It was a great show for us.

I'll weigh in the morning and see if I stayed the same on weight or had a change.

I've got to go back and read the end of last weeks messages. I gather that "Setina" popped in. I've been thinking about her alot. I did get to meet her once.

Talk tomorrow (oops its already tomorrow...o.k. later today then). - jul
Closed Thread