Old 09-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Sarah Where R U???

Sarah where are you ?? Has anyone heard from Sarah?
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I was about to ask the same thing. I hope all is well with you and Lorraine, Sarah.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Sarah, stop in and say "HI" so we know you're OK, please.
Pretty sure you're just busy with work and taking care of Lorraine though, we're just thinking of you. ((HUGS))
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Where the heck are ya girlie???
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  
Downsizing Dee!

Glad you posted this Mez - I was wondering about her yesterday. Oh Sarah, where are you?

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Howie told me last night he'd gotten an e-mail from Sarah. She's back to work and there full-time plus some overtime, plus she has a long commute. Simply put, she's exhausted. Lorraine's still having a rough time of it, too.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

She told me for now she is just wiped and does not have the energy to give right now. So we will just have to give her some time to get back into things and let her know we care.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the update guys!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Thanks for the update Howie! Sarah you take all the time you need get nice and strong! We'll be here waiting for you! Lorraine sorry to hear your having a hard time my prayers are with you.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Thanks for the update. Let her know that we are thinking about her and Lorraine.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #11  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sending all my love as well

Hopefully work will slow down a bit and Lorraine will start to feel better soon.
Lyme disease is SO horrible!

Love you Sarah!
xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

Thanks for the update, Howie. Here's hoping they both get their strength, energy and sense of normalcy back ASAP!

Last edited by Jillegal; 09-21-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #13  

Awwww, poor thing, this must be completely exhausting! It's so much so soon! Tell her we're thinking of her and Lorraine, and to come back whenever she feels up to it.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:48 AM   #14  
Downsizing Dee!

Thanks for the update Howie and Kimberly. Glad to hear that everything is ok.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #15  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Hi you guys! You're incredibly sweet to be concerned about me -- I'm sorry to have caused worry!

I was telling Howie that I have about 2 conscious hours before I'm asleep at 9 -- so I'm just having the hardest time keeping up with my friends, both in-person and virtual.

Thanks for sharing the update, Howie and Kimberley -- I really am doing ok, I'm just really challenged by all that's on my plate right now. I'm just riding that wave! Lorraine's halfway through her second month-long antibiotics regimen; this time it's 30 days of IV antibiotics, so she's got a PICC line in her arm -- which, incidentally, ripped out this weekend so she had to get an additional IV put in her hand, the poor sweetie. And she HATES needles! Anyway, she's back on track now, and we're just praying this batch of medicine does the trick once and for all. I feel so badly, because throughout the whole 6 months of chemo, she shouldered everything in the house -- all the housework, all the care for our 8 animals, all the communicating with our friends and loved ones, everything. And she took such amazingly loving care of me, too! And now that she's down and just so exhausted and unable to contribute, it needs to be all me, and I'm so tired too!! It's just a hard time, that's all. But I'll get stronger, hopefully she'll get better, and we'll just put this all behind us. I hate that bug that bit her! It wasn't even a tick, it was a flying bug that bit her while she was pumping gas in her car! The Center for Disease Control is even doing a study on her, because Lyme Disease contracted from a flying bug has been documented in Europe but not in America, so they're interested in her. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm fine. At this point, I'm too tired from work to keep up with my daily exercise, but I'm eating 100% on plan again. I've lost the few pounds that I gained before Captain Menopause left the building -- THANK GOD!!! So I'm 227 pounds stated in my siggy is totally accurate as of today. Not for long, though! I'm feeling really positive about my slim, svelte, strong and buff future.....I just have to get through the here and now before I get there, that's all!

I promise to be a better friend to you guys, and give back some of the loving support you've all given me throughout this whole ordeal. You're incredibly generous, fine people, and I cherish each one of you. I think I'll just plan to try to catch up here when I'm grabbing lunch at my desk. (I bring a homemade, healthy lunch every day, good girl that I am.)

I just got some pic's developed from our May (yes, May) trip to St. Maarten in the Caribbean -- and if I can figure out how to scan and upload them, I'll post them here, so you can see me frolicking with my big old bald head! (I had quite the dome thing happening -- I could barely keep my hands off it! Even Lorraine would just rub it absentmindedly! ) It's growing back gangbusters, though -- it's like an inch and a half long now, which at this point makes me feel like freaking Rapunzel!

Mucho love to all of you amazing people -- you're truly wonderful friends.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote