Old 09-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  
Sweat is my friend!

Default Your ideas on Breakfast and Lunch..

What foods do you like to eat for breakfast/lunch?
getfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #2  

I like yougurt, toast, and a banana for breakfast or I will have a bowl of Raisin Bran Cereal. DM
DaisyMaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #3  

Homemade Egg McMuffin; far less greasy than the original one

Gives me enough energy to bike at work
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #4  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm pretty boring / compulsive with these two meals!

Breakfast - almost always consists of a baked egg dish and a piece of fruit. I make them three at a time when I've got the oven on for something else. I take 50ml off egg white, 50ml of egg substitute, 1/2-oz of a cheese blend as the base. I'll add in any vegetables I have around or use dried, soaked slightly. I wrap them up and then nuke one at work.

Lunch - Salad, usually simply mixed greens with cucumber, pepper and tomatoes (I tend to leave the veg uncut and cut and mix before) with a FF salad dressing. Also lean protein (Costco's finest) and a few servings of fruit. Usually I throw 3 servings of fruit in the lunch bag, planning to take one sometime in the morning. Often I end up eating them all at lunch.

Anne
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I like cottage cheese, fruit and nuts or 1 egg + 2 egg whites scrambled with veggies and smoked salmon and some fruit. For lunch, I like eating leftovers from dinner, or a salad with canned salmon or tuna, and some fruit.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #6  
bouncin' along

Breakfast is usually lean pocket (egg, cheese bacon or sausage), Special K cereal or slim-fast. I have to have convenient for breakfast because otherwise I just wouldn't eat at all. Things are crazy here in the mornings.

Lunch is salad with a little mashed avocado in it, tuna sandwich (or a tuna wrap using lettuce for the "wrap"), chicken noodle soup, or a Lean pocket (yeah, I love those things :-P)
beachball_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:38 PM   #7  

I try not to eat the same things over and over but I do have a few staples.

For breakfast they are:
Vegetable Egg White Omlette: 2 large egg whites, sliced mushroom, green pepper, and red onion, and a tablespoon of Tostitos Salsa Con Queso.

Fruit and Nut Oatmeal: 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked in 1 cup of water with 3 equal packets, cinnamon and sugar. I add in 1 chopped dated (dried and pitted), 1 T. of raisins, 1 T. chopped walnuts, and 1 T. reduced calorie syrup. Sometimes I'll skip the date and raisins and add chopped banana instead. I also usually stir in a tablespoon of Benefiber.

1 cup of grits with 2 teaspoons soft margarine, 1 slice toast with 1 t. jelly, and a Morning star breakfast sausage patty. (Clearly, I'm not watching my carb intake with this one!)

My lunch standards are:

Grilled black bean and corn burrito with jalepeno's, red onion, and chili powder with a little guacamole or light sour cream and 1/4 ounce cheddar cheese

Black bean soup (made with one 15 oz can) with 1 T. light sour cream

Veggie Burger (I use Morning Star Grillers Prime) with a small potato (about 2 oz) thinly sliced and baked until crisp.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

My breakfast is always Kashi with blueberries. Lunch is a lot of things. Just depends on what I feel like.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

7 whole grain oatmeal - sometime I put a little bit of pumpkin in it and splenda.
An apple or bananna filled with natural peanut butter and rasins.
A handfull of heart healthy nuts and yogurt.
Cottage cheese and peaches or whatever fruit I have on hand.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #10  

I have to second frenchiepolarbear. I make homemade Egg McMuffins with 1 egg (microwaved in a ramekin), 1 slice of 2% milk cheese, thinly sliced canadian bacon, and whole wheat english muffins. I'm following WW Flex Points, and it comes out to 6 points. Keeps me full and comfortable until it's time to eat again, and using 'real' foods (eggs, not eggbeaters; canadian bacon, not vegetarian breakfast meats) means it's more satisfying and I don't feel deprived. Mid morning I have light yogurt (can't taste the difference really) and applesauce/fruit. Lunch is some form of protein and veggies. Come to think of it, that's what tea and dinner are, too!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am completely boring with my breakfast, I usually try to have a smoothie, 1 banana, frozen whole organic strawberries, some pineapple chunks, orange juice, some ground freshly ground up flax seeds, and water. If I have some extra time, I make oatmeal with fruit cut up on it.

Lunch is a bit different, it's either leftovers from dinner, or a salad and fruit and yogurt. Costco sells no fat, no sugar, no artificial sweetened yogurt with real fruit, it's amazing!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 AM   #12  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I frequently have Kashi GoLean and sliced bananas with vanilla soymilk for breakfast although oatmeal has been a favorite lately along with wheat toast with peanut butter and strawberry jelly.
Lunch is usually big salad. I'll add some tuna or chicken for protein. I really like tuna mixed with salsa and BBQ sauce on my salad. Spicy foods make me feel more satisfied and eliminate that yearning for something sweet and gooey I frequently get after even a filling meal.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #13  
One pound at a time...

I am pretty boring for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is usually cheese and crackers with a serving of green peppers. I need something portable because I leave the house early to go work and eating something at 5:00 am is just not on. Lunch is a spinich salad and other vegetables, and somedays I mix salmon with it or cheese for the protein.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #14  

I am a creature of pure habit. Jenny Craigs Fruit & Granola cereal with a sliced banana, and an apple every morning Monday - Friday. Then the weekends its something with an egg, usually a homemade egg mcmuffin as others do.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 AM   #15  

breakfast is always steel cut oats, sweetened with concentrated cherry juice, blueberries, and a bit of slivered almonds. Lunch is usually beans and rice and a fruit.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote