Old 09-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #144

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Angie - first off, thanks for much for the hilarious bd card. Also for the poem card, and the butterfly, too. I'll have to wind it back up and send it to someone else. How exciting to be part of a commercial! And yes, I too hope there'll be no metal bras involved, lol. Hope the cramps have lightened up some, and that you got some rest.

Cristi - could you maybe add a little Crystal Light powder to some of your water? I buy those On the GO packets, and they sure come in handy sometimes. Although I like water, a change is nice once in awhile. Of course, at dinner and after, I switch to iced tea year-round. Why are you going to be selling your house in a few years? Did I see you mention that you want to get back to country living? I sure wouldn't trade it for anything!

Sue - I have to wait about another month down here to get the yard winterized. Since we'll be tearing down the house, there are some plants that I want moved to a safe spot. And I told Mary before we moved that some of my plants are coming with me, lol, so I plan to dig them up in the Spring.

Neal woke me on accident when he went to the bathroom at 5:25, so I decided to get up and get an early start on the day. Hope you all have a good one, and I'll "see" you when I get back!

Toodles,
Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #3  
a work in progress

Hiya ladies

This will be my last post before we leave...you had it right the first time, Cristi -- we leave tomorrow, the 16th, and we are coming back on my birthday the 24th

I have quite a few of your addresses, and will try to send postcards if I can -- Susan, I just realized you've moved, and I don't have your new address. I know you aren't in here every day, but if you see this, PM me your new address. Don't know if I'll be back online before we go, but we may have internet access at least at one of the hotels. Anybody else who hasn't sent me their address, feel free to PM it

Ate dinner last night at El Torito, first time we've been to a Mexican restaurant since starting WW. Was a bit of a challenge, since I went wayyyy too hungry. But I didn't eat one single chip, had the Mexican Caesar Salad with dressing on the side (I just dip my fork in the dressing and only eat about 1/3-1/2 of what's in the cup), and had the Sonora Chicken Burrito Light -- which is 15 points, definitely not the best choice for WW, but certainly not the worst on the menu. Ah, well...today is another day.

So much to do today, finishing up laundry this morning, gotta pack as much as I can before work today.

Work...ugh. Please hold good thoughts for me, guys. We got a new manager for our unit a few months ago, and he decided he needed to fix a bunch of things that weren't broken. Now they are just grinding us to dust, and everyone is miserable. But I've been there 4 years and I'm too old to start over -- I need to stay here for my retirement, so I have to just tough it out. But I keep looking for job openings in other departments...on the positive side, the pay is good, and I have some fantastic co-workers, really great folks.

Ack, not enough time...gotta get busy here...see you soon!
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

Angie~I have been taking both Claritin and tylenol severe allergy medicine, plue the allergy relief eye drops. I'm about ready to go to the doc and see about getting something stronger or a shot. Today is a better day but it's mostly my eyes watering and itching now and of course I am like a little kid that keep my hands away from them! You must be so excited to be in a commercial!!

Sue~your walk last night sounded like my walk this morning. This weather makes me lazy and sleepy and I rolled out of bed later than usual but made it to the park for my walk anyway. It started drizzling while we were walking but we did make to the car before getting soaked thank goodness. I don't think I could have ran! I was draggin this morning so I would have been soaked!

Katiecat~okay, I thought I read that right and now I know I am just losing my mind! I swear since Josh left for basic my brain went with him! Keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes with the new manager. : At least you will be getting a break from him. Why is it you get a new manager and they feel they need to change things?!If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You are killing me with this talk of El Torito! I haven't been there in years! DD and I joke about losing a lot of weight and then going back to CA to visit just so we can eat all our favorite foods there! El Pollo Loco, Tommy's or Pete's (haven't had pastrami the way they fix it since leaving either) Del Taco (used to be a fav) Wienerschnitzel...OMG I am making myself hungry thinking about it! LOL You would think living in a place with so many cows they would know what pastrami is and how to fix it. They don't! Anyway...you and Tim have fun, and be safe!

Jane~I have mentioned moving but not for a while. Our plan was to live here 10 years and then move back to the country. I love it here but I so love the country more. That's if we make it 10 years! When we moved here we had no idea about the plans the city had/has of expanding. I like it because it is a small town but close enough to Wichita, too close actually. They are building all around us and north of us they broke ground for a small hospital, about 700 houses, a new shopping center and an expansion to the Community College. That's a few miles from us but just around the corner from us since living here they have built two new shopping centers, a bank and they are widening the main road into the city. So...while I love the city, small cities actually I would rather be in a small town in the country. It seems so big here because we are so close to Wichita. I can't believe it is almost two years that we have been here already. Time is going by so fast. About the water...I did buy some crystal light, I think it is raspberry-just haven't used any yet of it yet. I definitely will take it along on our trip next month for something different than drinking sodas. Have a fun and safe weekend!

Well, like I said to Sue, I did get my walk in this morning. I was sooo close to not doing it just because the weather and wanting to stay in bed but forced myself to do it and feel better that I did. Of course I needed wipers on my glasses! LOL But it was nice, nice and cool too. Had to wear pants this morning with a t-shirt and sweat shirt. But I love this cooler weather. No big plans for the day, same old, same old...laundry, vacuum, clean, etc....same old stuff, different day!

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone has a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:18 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane did I mention that I got a bracelet for my birthday? I told Monte about how I just loved your story on your bracelet so now I have one too. He bought me a glass charm tht has flowers all over it..and a heart. Told him every 25 lbs I would like a new charm.
I know that when my parents moved they took alot of their plants...
Just 2 hours away there are towns that have lots of snow...there is a place that had no power for 4 days due to snow..ARghh

Cristi, I know that I had to change my allergy stuff,,,and well so did Brandon,,Thank goodness we are on the same kind,,,gawd that stuff is expensive. And I have the drops for both my eyes and nose...hmmm don't I sound attractive...lol

Katiecat,,,Have a wonderful time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We had our call backs for Evita,,,it was brutal. but looks to have a great cast.
Cramps let up a bit...the thing with my cramps as the Dr. said is from the abalation I had two years ago (scalding of the uterus) the nerve endings and muscle are exposed somewhat around my uterus,,,and when I have a period it bleeds into the muscle,,,which is the same as having a bruise. Hence the constant pain. The Dr. offered surgery in 2 weeks,,,which I declined for Feb. she also offered pain meds,,,which again I declined. If I really can't tolerate it I will take advil and if that doesn't do it, then I will do surgery ASAP.

Well I should get to bed,,,night
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals--

Been busy lately and for the next few days, James has the computer (and phone!) for some testing he's been doing. He calls in and he's on the phone for 4hrs (they do get breaks) answering questions! Crazy! He'll be on here in a few hours!

Angie--What a great gift! When Jane mentioned hers I had thought about getting one too...but then I found other things that I've been wanting and I'm still sitting here wanting! I think it's a great reward! Sending you hugs to help ease your cramping! So sorry you have to have such painful ones!!
((((HUGS))))

Cristi--I wanted to congratulate you on the weight loss!! I'm proud of you! You're walking so much and it's showing. I bet your energy is getting better too after you've been walking! This morning was chilli here, I was wearing a sweater!! I LOVE this time of year! Summer getting over and Fall moving in! PERFECT!

Katie--Oh I hope you still have my address!! I would love to get a postcard from Ireland!! I hope you have the time of your life. I wish I was going w/you! I know you wont' get a chance to read this, but I do hope you have a safe trip and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!!

Jane--We have Verizon now. Have been w/them for years. Just like what they have. But our contract is up next month and we decided we want updated phones. Ok....so I wanted a phone that has a camera!! Now I've been w/Verizon for years, but don't know....is it a mobile to mobile kind of thing? Would it be free to call from my phone to yours or is it still long distance charges?? I'm so not good at remembering things!

Hello to the rest of the girls....my apologies for not getting everyone. I can't seem to remember who all wrote on the last thread! I will eventually get caught up.

Since I'm tuckered out...I'm going to bed.
Night Ladies!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Hi ladies and a happy Friday!

I am dragging this morning for some reason. But I did get to the park and get my three miles in. Actually did 3 1/2 and feel so good about that, especially considering I didn't feel like walking at all this morning. I've got a few more weeks of the WATP book plan and then I will work out some kind of schedule for walking. I know I will miss walking 6 days a week but really don't think I can continue this the rest of my life, 5 maybe. But I am thinking maybe 3-5 days a week will be good, just depends on what is going on. I was worried about not getting any walking in when we go to Georgia but the motel where we will be staying is by Riverwalk and there is a trail by the river so feel good about that. I guess it is true about doing something for so long and it becoming a habit. I'm not sure I can drop to the 3-5 days since I am getting used to getting up at 7 and doing the 6 days. We'll see...

Angie~(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. I too am sorry you are having such painful periods. I don't know how you do it. I would have had the surgery like yesterday! Or at least taken the drugs for the pain. I hope you are taking it easy and the advil is working for you. I get painful periods sometimes but I just couldn't imagine what you are going through. I may have to switch allergy pills soon. I know when DS, Jason was taking them the doc would switch him from allegra to claritin and then do the shots if it was really bad. Hey, I too have a charm bracelet. Mine doesn't have so much to do with weight loss though. V bought it for me for mother's day a few years ago and it came with a little heart on it and then he bought me 3 boy charms and a girl charm with the kids birthstones in them, an angel because I love and collect angels, a mom charm that has a heart in it with a little bitty diamond in the center of it and a heart, anchor, & cross that is one charm which represents faith, hope & charity. It sounds like a lot of stuff on a bracelet but I actually have enough room for two more charms! LOL Hmmmm, maybe I will get two for losing some pounds.

Marti~four hours on the phone?! I was going to say how could anyone be on the phone that long but just remembered before I met V one of our phone conversations was 4 hours! Glad he called me! lol And I have no clue what we talked about. I have cingular for my cell but I think verizon is the same way...regardless of where I call, if the person I am calling has cingular I pay nothing which is good because when we went to AR this past March I called V several times and him and Jason called me. I just have a plain old simple phone, nothing special but Jason has one with the camera and every other add on you could imagine. I would kind of like to get a new phone, none of the gadgets except the camera. Think that would be kind of neat. I still am not used to having one and so forget it half the time until I want to make a call. So don't want to spend much on one, I am cheap when it comes to certain things.

Well, Katiecat and Jane hope you ladies have a swell time in Ireland & PA.

Hi to everyone else wherever you are, whatever you are doing.

Don't have much planned for the weekend but V has the whole weekend off so will be spending most of the time with him. Tomorrow we are headed to do some shopping for him. He is needing some new jeans and boots for work. Then we are going to have lunch somewhere (don't know where we will end up) and then head to the cemetery so will be gone for most of the day. Not sure when we will leave in the morning and where we get his jeans and boots is about a 1 1/2 hour drive which is a good little get away from here so we tend to roam around there for the whole day. Sunday, I believe I will sleep in, or try to and then we are hanging around the house and doing some yard work. I mowed the front and back yard for him Monday but with the rain we got it needs it again. Of course we fertilized so that didn't help. When we do that sometimes we have to mow twice a week, can't go a full week. Trying to get it ready for winter. Anyway...take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend whatever you do!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you! Hope the pain is gone soon, Angie, whether with surgery, or just gets the heck out of Dodge. Pain is such a drain on our energy. I'll be saying prayers.

It is cool here, also. (Ohio) ---don't think it's above 60 yet today. Nice change, actually. We'll be at our cabin this time next week, and it is quite a bit further north, so I'm sure I'll be singin' a different tune with my sweatshirt hoodie on, lighting a fire in the wood stove!

Got a camera for my birthday, from hubby, and hope to take a few pictures of the leaves changing up there. And maybe fish on the lake one day, but mostly SIT and knit and do nothing but stare into space. My mind needs a rest.

Going to the ND/Michigan State football game tomorrow, (I'm really not up for it, but I know I'll feel differently, and get some spirit, when I get in the stands.) and then the usual packing and last minute home round-up things, and out 'o' here!
chervata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:53 AM   #9  
Give me strength

Good evening ladies,
4 hours on the phone is nothing Marti...child's play for me...lol I just did a short call a few minutes ago,,over an hour.
thing is I am taking care of a surprise party for two dear friends of mine. Shawna and Pasqualina,,,both whom I work with and do theatre with. Pasqualina taught me how to be a stage manager,,,then I taught Shawna. Shawna is our boss,,or used to be. She is now done with our company. Shawna is off to Australia and Pasqualina is off to Winnipeg Manitoba. Im shocked Ive been able to keep this quiet...gawd I have struggled but I did it!

Cristi, told my mom about the charms so now she wants to buy one for me. Im thinking I would like to buy her one. I really love the buying the special charms idea.

Cheryl,,,I would love to be in your shoes! A cabin,,,football, campfire....(not the fishing) but picture taking,,,and knitting. Another JL knitter,,,watch out for Katie,,,,shes like our knitter...and was doing some weird thing that well didn't sound right...like a bad thing she caught.
I have Momma Chris (lady I work with who mothers me) knitter a few more scarves,,,then Im going to sew beads on them and fringe. Some lady stopped me one day and offered me 40 bucks for my scarf.

Well I went and got a facial...talk about carshing...I jerked myself awake when I heard snoring....lol (was me) Only problem is she got this stuff all over my hair too,,,hoping tomorrow it washes out. Talking about washing out,,,have to wash out Tanner's pink as much as I can so I can recolor it, director has told him he has to have natural colored hair.
I didn't get the viking commerical...ahhhh I was so looking forward to being stuffed into a corset,,,and wig.
well I should get to bed...night all
Old 09-18-2005, 11:10 AM   #10  

Hi Ladies--

Don't have much time since I need to get ready so I can go take James to the airport. He's heading off to Salt Lake City Utah for some written testing and simulation testing and will be gone for two weeks.

We had a great day together yesterday!! Went out for lunch and did a little shopping. Just some nice quality time together.

Ok...must get ready! I will be back later to do individuals!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #11  

Afternoon Ladies--

Well James is on a plane heading to Utah by now. I sure will miss him. But it's only for 2wks.

Cristi--I'm cheap when it comes to a LOT of things! I think that's why I have such a hard time buying myself anything. Now James on the other hand... We are able to buy two phones w/the credits we have accumulated through Verizon. So instead of a $400 price tag on both we'll only spend $100. I liked that price! I hope you're having a great time w/V this weekend!!

Cheryl--Hello & Welcome!! I don't remember if I've greeted you yet. Your cabin retreat sounds WONDERFUL!!! I envy you! I hope you're having a relaxed time while you're there.

Angie--You crack me up. Snoring?! Boy, you really must have been relaxed! So when is the surprise party?? What do you have planned for these girls? What a wonderful friend to go through all that and STILL manage not to slip out any info!! I hope you all have a great time when the day comes!!

Hello to all the others out there! How are you all doing?

Not much on my agenda for the day. I need to go return a top I bought today. I didn't bother to try it on while I was there, I figured it would fit. (it is a large) Well it fit perfectly everywhere but where my girls are!! I couldn't even get it to fit right when I took the bra off! Heaven forbid they add some room so we can be comfy! Sheesh! So that's what I'll be doing. Other than that, nothing. What a lazy sunday!

Ok...you all have a great rest of the day and I'll chat w/you all next time!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #12  

Hey gals--

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I woke up this morning at 5 am to cows mooing at my window. I jumped out of bed and looked out my back window and there were cows EVERYWHERE in my yard--some on my porches. I threw some clothes on and ran outside and shooed them into the field. They had broken the fence across the road (from the dairy they're building down from me). I got in my car and drove down the road to tell them their cows were out---the guy that answered his door said they had just moved in and he wasn't sure what to do but he'd come down as soon as he could. I spent all morning keeping them out of my yard and finally at 9:30 the guy came down with some of his sons and ran them back across the road. I have to tell you girls at the time I was pretty mad ---there were over 50 of them and they can just tear up your yard just walking through it---not to mention stopping and grazing in my flower beds. I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up from them....something I think those men should have done.....I guess I worked some of my mad off----I don't have steam coming out of my ears anymore!!

Cheryl---Welcome to the group---A cabin sounds so wonderful!! I hope the air is crisp and cool and you let yourself really enjoy your time!

Angie---Those scarves sound beautiful with the beads and fringe. Did you knit the scarf too or buy it and add the neat stuff? There were a few ladies at school that were crocheting some scarves using that fun fur. They were really cute. One mother was crocheting that fun fur onto her daughters flip flops and they looked pretty cool.

Jane--I don't know how long you were going to PA to be with the mods. Are you back and was it great fun?

Marti--Is James usually gone more than 2 weeks? That seems like a long time I guess that gives you time to get some things done for yourself--I know you deserve doing something good for yourself---you're always there for everyone else.

Mindee--I hope you're still feeling well--It's almost here!!!

Christi---Have you heard from Josh in awhile--I know he's probably doing fine. I so admire the young men and women who serve and protect our country...

Hello to everyone else---hope your days are going well and you're sticking to your plans and goals....I know I need to do a better job this week controlling my eating. I seem to be doing pretty well with my walking but I guess I think that means I can eat anything I want. aaarrrgh!!!!

Love to all~~~
odbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #13  
Give me strength

Beth you are a better woman then me. I would of told the man that over 4 hours after him being informed is not very neighbourly and that in the future he had better be there pronto. And bring a shovel....
I didn't knit the scarves,,one of the ladies I work with does and then I sew on beads and knot fringe on it.

I had the party last night and it was well turned out. Had alot of fun talking with friends...and made plans to go to a play called High School Reunion. And we are dressing up 80's! I need to stop at a Value Villiage and get a over sized dress shirt,,,and beads...would love to find leg warmers but Im not pushing my luck. My hairdresser was there last night too and will lend me her crimper...I will take pics.

I cleaned my closet out,,,got rid of lots of junk and organized a dresser in. Then started in on Tanner's mess,,,he got pretty whiny when I told him to clean up his room...so together with new bins and such we organized him. And then started the spare room...just have to put the pics on the walls...
The new mattress came in yesterday,,,its so high up,,Skittles has to take a running jump. But boy its awesome...thinking i need to go to bed early...lol
well should finish doing my theatre mail...arghhh never ends.
ttfn
Old 09-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Katiecat - I know you're gone, but still I hope you have a wonderful time in Ireland. We want pictures when you return, ok? About the job, bosses like that usually end up not staying long, so maybe you'll outlast him or maybe you will find something in a different department.

Cristi - it's great that you plan to keep walking even on vacation. The riverwalk sounds peaceful. If it rains, maybe you can check out the fitness center in the hotel, if they have one. I heard that the hotel I stayed at this weekend had a fabulous fitness center. I wouldn't know, however, since I didn't go, lol. I did take a walk outside to see what was around, though.

Angie - wow, that's great about the bracelet, and the charm sounds so beautiful! I got a charm for every 10 pounds, and at first I wasn't sure I'd make it, but I did, and I know you will, too. Glad you had fun at the party, and your 80's one sounds like lots of fun. You gonna do the Big Hair thang?

Marti - on Verizon, you can call anyone else with Verizon on their cell phone, and neither of you are charged any minutes. It's great, since most of my family is on the same plan.

Beth - it's an adventure when you live in the country, isn't it, lol. The day Mary's twins were born, Neal, Katie and I were driving down the lane to access the highway, and came across 5 or 6 cows in the middle of the road. Neal had to stop the car and shoo them away, and one of them did not want to move! It was so funny!

Well, I had a total blast in Philadelphia. Meeting everyone was so awesome, and putting a face and personality with a name is great. We Jaded Ladies really have to think about meeting up. My eating was terrible over the weekend, didn't get nearly enough water, no exercise except walking, and now I feel sluggish. But I did have a Philly cheesesteak and it sure was a good sandwich! I'm back on track today, though.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Good afternoon ladies~

Not much going on...did my 3 mile walk this morning and was feeling a lot better than I have the last few days. Going to call the doc later to see if I can get something stronger for these allergies. Yesterday I slept most of the day because of them. Of course being out in the wind Saturday probably didn't help. Oh well, can't stop living because of allergies. I changed my ticker thingy again. I liked the last one but only lost 1/2 pound this week and I like for it to reflect that. So had to go to ticker factory and get one there since they show a 1/2 pound loss.

Marti~I was telling V I would love to have a camera phone but they are too expensive and he said I could get one for about $50, still kind of high to me for a phone that I can't remember to carry anyway! LOL I don't know...maybe I will get one one day. I would like to get one of those that holds about 100 songs and you can listen to music-ha! maybe then I would carry it all the time! LOL Try not to miss James too much while he is gone. I know...easier said than done. At least you guys don't have to pay for long distance. Do you have the text messaging? I know DS and his GF uses that a LOT! Especially while in school. Anyway, glad you and James had a day together before he left.

Jane~glad you have a great time in PA. I would so love to have a Jaded Ladies weekend sometime! Maybe next summer everyone will be able to. The motel, we have reservations for does have a gym. I think that was the first thing that caught my eye, that and the fact that it is new and had good reviews. We'll see when we get there. Still trying to find out what there is to do there. Found a few things that I would like to do but not sure Josh would like to. I think he will just be happy to see us and have a break from that place.

Beth~Just received a letter from Josh Friday and getting ready to type one to him. I usually write unless it is a long one then I will type it so he doesn't have to go through so many pages. He's doing fine and looking forward to the end of October. I swear it seems like he's been gone forever! It's only been a little over a month. It's really going to be weird when he's gone for years! I think you handled the cow situation just fine, and I agree too that they should have cleaned the mess. It is interesting living in the country sometimes.

Angie~glad your party turned out nicely and you guys had fun! That would be so much fun dressing in the 80's to see the play! Hope you find everything you need. I bet if you check out some stores that sell vintage clothes you can fine some leg warmers. Enjoy your new bed!

Hi to everyone else

Need to get going and check my mail and get a letter to Josh. I know he enjoys them so I try to get out three a week even though we only get one from him. It's acutally two letters but he mails them together! LOL Trying to get my laundry done. I did some yesterday even though I felt terrible, just didn't get it folded and put up. And I need to vacuum, so much fun! Take care ladies and have a great day!