Old 09-13-2005, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default The biggest loser

Just a reminder that it is starting tonight 8 est. I believe and it is 90 minutes.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #2  
Mikey's girl

oohhh is it on again?? what channel??
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

NBC....check your local listings!!

I will be planted in front of my TV with my treat!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:12 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

We will be watching too. To much going on to see everything Saturday with all the people here. Plus we are hoping they might highlight some pictures from the house party. I think I'll have some low fat popcorn while we watch.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Why do they put so many new shows on the same night?!?! It's the new NCIS, House, Gilmore Girls AND The Biggest Loser, yes I am in TV heaven, perhaps THIS is why I am not losing weight (I did my workout before they all start! )

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I taped the show because we wanted to watch House, probably won't get a chance to watch it until Thursday!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm with you, Aimee--I watch Gilmore Girls and House also so I'm taping Loser. Hey, I lost 80 lbs. and still managed to watch more than my share of TV.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:42 PM   #8  

Sheila - I'm thinking I want a treadmill or bike for those long nights of tv.. heh. How are you feeling about this Lorelai and Luke thing? I'm 150% happy about it, I just hope the writers don't make them break up

-Aimee
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 PM   #9  

Was NCIS new too? Darn it, I missed it! I did see Gilmore Girls and House though. Oh well, hopefully I can catch up next week.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:13 AM   #10  

NCIS was a repeat (even tho my thing said it was new), so you didn't miss it!

K, this "boys vs girls" thing? I don't like it. I don't like that people get kicked off either, I get that it has to be a competition... but it's still poopy! I still enjoyed it, but I always tune out for the kicking off part..

-Aimee
Old 09-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Ok, so who watched last night?

I was AMAZED at the weight loss amounts! The lowest amount lost was 11 lbs and the highest was 28 lbs!! I'm glad they decided to do it on percentages lost, rather than pounds (the men would have kicked their butts!)

Anyway--it was enjoyable and inspirational. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

By the way, my money is on Dr. Jeff!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #12  
Downsizing Dee!

I watched - not sure yet who my fave is but I'm kinda liking the Doc. I was astounded at the amounts too - sure makes me want to kick up the exercise routine.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 AM   #13  
One pound at a time...

I did watch the show last night, even though I did have some general misgivings about the concept. I admire all of them for going on the show, as knowing how camera shy I am, I don't know if I could have a camera following me 24/7. Those were huge losses! Am I right in thinking that happened in a week? I like how they are going to address the personal issues that is causing the weight gain. Everyone has a story, right? Way to go to Ruben, he is looking great!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I just could not believe the way they ate when in that room. I'm sure they had people pushing them to do that. Then Suzi licking the bowl like that. She is going to look back on that for life thinking why did I do that on national TV. That is the part of the show I don't like. However I love how they teach them to eat balanced meals and count calories. It shows so many people that it can be done by watching what you eat and exercise. No gimic just hard work.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

First off I'm so pissed at my local station. Gotta love living in tornado alley but darn if they didn't take up the entire first commercial break (no problem with that) and then not 1 minute later they cut back into the programming to show us more helicopter shots of a cloud and about 4-5 different maps of the same storm and then of another storm that wasn't even in their market area.

I too was extremely unhappy with them splitting up the men vs. women. We all know that men do lose more quickly than women in the beginning and thought for sure all the women would be gone. Howie, I too was amazed at the food in there and all that they ate. I like that they do do the percentages although I missed a bit of them explaining that because Big Brother was also on and I was channel hopping between the two.

I also agree that it just sucks they kick off the people that's why I'm thinking it was more like 2 weeks to a month between weigh ins. I don't think all they did happened in one week. Did you see how well Ruben looked afterward? Ruben looked great in his after photos.

I think it would be nice to go ahead and kick off the person on the team but allow them to stay and train and exercise and just not be eligible for the money.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote